Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Didn't some underage girl get drunk, got assaulted by a bunch of high school jockies, and then the town police refused to prosecute? Also, when she tried to report it, she got harassed and her families get threats from the entire community? I swear I've heard this story about some podunk town in America several times this past year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

octobernight posted:

Didn't some underage girl get drunk, got assaulted by a bunch of high school jockies, and then the town police refused to prosecute? Also, when she tried to report it, she got harassed and her families get threats from the entire community? I swear I've heard this story about some podunk town in America several times this past year.

lol didn't the family get their house burnt down too

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I stand by you, for justice, 100 percent

you seem to be hallucinating that you're on the side of good because you know the correct feminist snarl words, which is loving hilarious since youre arguing that india is a rape mecca based on nothing more than media buzz and hearsay

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

tough to choose between which former british colony is the rapiest, what are canada and australias stats?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

butplug accident posted:

you seem to be hallucinating that you're on the side of good because you know the correct feminist snarl words, which is loving hilarious since youre arguing that india is a rape mecca based on nothing more than media buzz and hearsay

I changed my position, India is actually really good

Also... Man

Splain

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

octobernight posted:

Please do NOT mention jocks, this is a safe space!!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

octobernight posted:

Pretty much this. For every hosed up community in India that tries to sweep it under the carpet there's one in the good old tolerant US of A that has done likewise. Seriously though, India's pretty chill and there's a lot of really nice people that live there. Oh and incidentally dont forget how people literally took to the streets after a lot of these cases has that happened yet in the US? It kind of implies to me that no, in general India is not a culture that tolerates rape. They are human beings same as any of us and the majority of them care about their fellow men or women.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It is upsetting that in America, only the jocks can rape and get away with it. This is classist, cis sexist, unacceptable. In India, anyone can rape, so it is much more egalitarian, Marxist, feminist, and we have no right to judge them

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

octobernight posted:

there exist in india people who have a standard of living comparable to the US. therefore, india is not a poor country. what's that, that's not how statistics work? LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU *plugs fingers in ears*

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Really, India, with their development, is a model for the rest of the world, and here we have these white, man splaining bigots in this thread saying otherwise is just...really triggering

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Really, India, with their development, is a model for the rest of the world, and here we have these white, man splaining bigots in this thread saying otherwise is just...really triggering

sorry i'm losing track of the irony now. you said people were mansplaining before when you were less ironic (?), are you a parody of yourself or buttplug or tumblr or what now

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

icantfindaname posted:

there exist in india people who have a standard of living comparable to the US. therefore, india is not a poor country. what's that, that's not how statistics work? LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU *plugs fingers in ears*

Except, statistically, India has less rapes than America and more people.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_rate_of_growth

oh yeah, reality is triggering to these shitlords, i forgot

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crewmine posted:

sorry i'm losing track of the irony now. you said people were mansplaining before when you were less ironic (?), are you a parody of yourself or buttplug or tumblr or what now

Why would you assume irony, but plug has changed my ways

Quick question though has anyone, ever, on the internet used the term man splaning unironically?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Crewmine posted:

she's on autopilot doing her best attempt at level 2 irony, but she literally argued that india is the world rape capital because in india people got raped reporting their rapes.. all of twice ever. and of course hearsay

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
But plug got trigger that I jokingly used the term man splaining

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please, everyone, stop posting

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
But he has changed my opinion, India seems actually pretty safe, spiritual, and cool

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'm glad he could...check my privilege

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

I'm glad he could...check my privilege

I'm not surprised that you are a man on the Internet hand waving away instances of horrific sexism to make things fit his own world view

Nobody said that the US doesn't have any rape, just that women don't get epidemic ally raped trying to take a poo poo here. But by all means, as a man I'm sure you know better

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

butplug accident posted:

I'm not surprised that you are a man on the Internet hand waving away instances of horrific sexism to make things fit his own world view

Nobody said that the US doesn't have any rape, just that women don't get epidemic ally raped trying to take a poo poo here. But by all means, as a man I'm sure you know better

You're right, it was wrong of me to suggest that a British man like gypsum fanatic may feel safer in India than a woman. It was pretty sexist of me. Privilege- checked

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Misandry is not okay, and it is not who we are as GBS, and I'm glad you called me out on it. India isn't so bad after all

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

You're right, it was wrong of me to suggest that a British man like gypsum fanatic may feel safer in India than a woman. It was pretty sexist of me. Privilege- checked

To be fair the poo poo that pours out of your mouth is probably about the best rape deterrant going all you gotta do is give it the old man splaining stuff? And my butt is pretty sweet. Challenge accepted.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
do NOT dismiss hearsay as being what it is, or you are denying your own privilege

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Wait, I've changed my position, this is why most rapes are not reported, the penises are too small

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6161691.stm

so the women don't even realize theyre being raped cause they have too small penises and therefore it wasn't rape because

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

To be fair the poo poo that pours out of your mouth is probably about the best rape deterrant going all you gotta do is give it the old man splaining stuff? And my butt is pretty sweet. Challenge accepted.

You're right, feminism kind of sucks!! India isn't so bad

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I was wrong guys, India is good.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

You're right, feminism kind of sucks!! India isn't so bad

Ladies and gentleman, it's a 'rape off'. We'll need some rules and a scoring system e.g. do gang rapes count more? Am I allowed to dress extra slutty?

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

please, everyone, stop posting

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Then don't read the thread!!

If you kill this one there will be another one in a week.

On one side, we have gypsum fantastic. On the other, we have but plug, who was anti India until I said man splain, and now I know a magic word

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I don't know whose side to pretend to be on so that they go to the other side

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

rape

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat what is this nerd poo poo this is the india rape thread who cares about the united states

reported for derailing

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

On one side, we have gypsum fantastic. On the other, we have but plug, who was anti India until I said man splain, and now I know a magic word

i never posted anything anti india, and i only posted at you because of your self-important anecdotes. you really ought to clear those figments from your mind if you want to be a good ally

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Hey youre the one that challenged me here to a rapeathon dont try and pawn it off on someone else just cos I called your bluff.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION happens to br my internet gf so back off

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

butplug accident posted:

i never posted anything anti india, and i only posted at you because of your self-important anecdotes. you really ought to clear those figments from your mind if you want to be a good ally

Wow again, talking about women who were assaulted in a sexual assault thread? Please

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
everyone in this thread is a rapist

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
How can I reap the most social justice pr word? This is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

GlennFinito posted: