Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

southpaugh posted:

Wait is it gay I'll read it if its gay i love gay things

yeah actually i'm pretty sure it was a paean to the homoeroticism of time travelling navy friendships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

permabanned
Aug 12, 2008

優しい野菜

The Brown Menace posted:

the gently caress kind of last name is haustrumerda

The lovely housewife?

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
serious post i like to read so someone tell me if this is any good

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Its great, check it out and then read some menus and phone books you bibliophile

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

bigzak posted:

serious post i like to read so someone tell me if this is any good

it's more amusing than any post I've seen on SA today, that's a pretty low bar but if all your doing is wanking around here...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
im a huge human being retard..... i love goonbooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! friend of the family Balls!!!

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Fandyien posted:

the main characteristic of this book is its basically what children think is badass. cigarette smoking, cocaine-using badass ex-military time travelling sodomites go on a century-spanning adventure to have implied sex and beat up jerks. coming 2014.

NihilismNow considered this as he sat around in his stained tank top. His head what still pounding from the events of last night. He snorted a line, lit a cigarette and finished off his neat glass of single malt scotch.
"Suppose that is so" he said to no one in particular.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

I love to read!

Please check out my review of "loving the Mothman" and a bunch of other cryptid smut books on my goodreads page.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

waitwhatno posted:

this is the saddest thread in gbs

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

WarrenH posted:

The book also has a terrible facebook page that has no content other then jokes I've cut and pasted from the forums.

Other then jokes I've cut and pasted.

You piece of poo poo. The average dumb human being online gets a free pass for mangling grammar but if you're going to pretend to be an author at least get the basics of the language down in the sentence you're using to pimp the trash that fell out of your rear end in a top hat.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

jesus that facebook page depressed the hell out of me. so many posts and not a single like or comment to be seen

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

TangentEnigma posted:

Other then jokes I've cut and pasted.

You piece of poo poo. The average dumb human being online gets a free pass for mangling grammar but if you're going to pretend to be an author at least get the basics of the language down in the sentence you're using to pimp the trash that fell out of your rear end in a top hat.

wow day crew sure is hostile. this guy is right though

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Pick posted:

did you remember to find-and-replace every instance where "Sam" or "Dean" is stuttered or something? i hate when people miss one and it's like "shove y-your b-big d-d-d-dick up my a-rear end, D-Jaden"

holy poo poo

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this e-book has sat, unread, in a throwaway email account of mine for like 2 or 3 years. there it shall remain.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I read the first two pages. Your writing style needs a lot of work, the narrative doesn't flow smoothly. Also I'm not a big fan of stories written in present progressive. Especially first person present progressive! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

I read the first two pages. Your writing style needs a lot of work, the narrative doesn't flow smoothly. Also I'm not a big fan of stories written in present progressive. Especially first person present progressive! :psyduck:

I stare at the message board before me, torn. I could say a number of wonderful things, each better than the last. A single misplaced word could catapult me to internet stardom, or bury my post in the cold, lonesome wasteland of the gas chamber. It is in that instant that I realize I cannot remain silent.

My heart quivers with anticipation as my fingers fly across my keyboard, tiny superheros on their way to rid the world of pixelated evils. My journey takes seconds but it feels as if it has been hours. My heavy breathing subsides as I finish my prose, my passion.

Grease slicks across my touchpad as I lever the tiny white arrow to the button marked "submit reply".

Time stops.

I press the right mouse key.

• Locked thread