Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sounds like some retarded worthless poo poo op. did they not like it at tv tropes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

There is no coffee pile. I manage to scrounge some sealed single-serving pouches of instant from
the food pile. Tom, who’s letting his organizational responsibilities slip, didn’t think to bring any
cups of hot water. I resort to pulling a fat pinch of instant coffee from one of the pouches which I pack
under my lip like a big old rub. It’s gritty as hell, and it tastes like rear end. I run a hand through my greasy,
matted hair and play with the coffee grit floating around my mouth with my tongue. I feel like a
loving prom queen. I light a cigarette to go with my coffee, and start harassing Tom.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

Some old Asian army officer-looking guy walks up to Tom and me, followed by two little jackbooted goons in fatigues. The old guy is bent and wrinkly in his crisp uniform. His goons are stern-eyed and metal-helmeted.

lol goons!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

real talk you're a genuinely bad writer

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

I don't know how this is going to pan out, so right now I'll just enjoy my time on the PATIENCE. She's a good ship, and I've gotten very good at what I do here. I am literally thrilled daily by my successes.

We're all monsters.

the second to last line of your book includes "I am literally thrilled daily..." that is some awkward rear end phrasing imo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hobohemian posted:

I hate to do this to you, as you have already sacrificed, but could you read and post more? For us.

quote:

We're panting and sweating by the time we finish. I'm pleased that, during the assault, I'd found time to use the words I’d been saving since our car ride in Cambodia. I remove the dead agent’s slacks, which are much fresher than mine, and clumsily put them on after removing my own.This pleases me to no end.

lol the dude who wrote this cant distinguish between Hitman games and real fiction

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

This answer is both good and bad. It doesn't seem we're in any immediate danger, but I can't
have my chaperone breaking down on me. Not now, anyway.
"What are you talking about?" Why am I whispering?
"I've seen some dude's prolapsed rear end in a top hat, on the internet. I didn't know an rear end in a top hat could do
that."
Well, there you go. Goddamn internet. If you’ve been on it for more than five minutes without
accidentally seeing something terrifying, you’re doing something wrong.

this book is literally insufferable

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"I've seen some dude's prolapsed rear end in a top hat, on the internet."

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

basically this book is about a gay, retarded 12 year old's fantasy mary sue time travelling and pining after his retarded friend, tom.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

The back of the dago’s head cracks against the floor and he drops his knife.

ya see this greasy wop, ya see, he had gone after a dame tom and i wanted to pause time and rape. he was a little one too, a little milksop, nancy boy,

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hobohemian posted:

Is he writing in the present tense, like a screenplay?

he's writing in all tenses, like someone who doesn't know how to write

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the main characteristic of this book is its basically what children think is badass. cigarette smoking, cocaine-using badass ex-military time travelling sodomites go on a century-spanning adventure to have implied sex and beat up jerks. coming 2014.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

WarrenH posted:

oh god what have i done

let your own book tell u

quote:

Has the whole world stopped? Have I lost my mind? Is this a new aspect of my brain damage?

the answer is yes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hole Wolf posted:

i'm glad you tried, OP.

i'm not. i find it very upsetting he felt he was entitled to try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

southpaugh posted:

Wait is it gay I'll read it if its gay i love gay things

yeah actually i'm pretty sure it was a paean to the homoeroticism of time travelling navy friendships

• Locked thread