Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is LeBron James' best nickname?
This poll is closed.
The King 15 13.27%
LeBronze 9 7.96%
LeCramp 20 17.70%
LeChamp 0 0%
LeIDon'tGiveAShitWhatYouCallMeBecauseIMakeWayMoreMoneyThanYou 19 16.81%
Cleveland Sucks 44 38.94%
Other (explain) 6 5.31%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Because we have to wait three days between games for money and TV ratings reasons, it's

Thursday night's opener was weird. The air conditioning in San Antonio "failed", and it left the fans sweating like twenty thousand Patrick Ewings. The basketball was good; was good. That was until LeBron James cramped up in the fourth quarter and it all went to poo poo.

Here, let my assistants tell you about it...

Based on Thursday night, here's the likely starting lineups:

I'd post preview links for this one, but just about everything I've read has been some variation on LEBRON!!! CRAMPS!!! HEAT!!! and you probably don't need to read any more of that. So have fun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Ed Malloy is reffing enjoy your victory spurs~

edit: oh excuse me he is the alternate I guess the heat still have a shot.

Vire fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 9, 2014

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
What's wrong with Boshs face

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

he has chronic looks like chris bosh syndrome

it's incurable, he'll have to be put down, i'm sorry

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

There's nothing wrong with his face. He is a freak.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Don't do it The Spurs, don't do it mang. Don't give this game to Miami, if you are going to cheat then don't come out of it with a guilty conscience.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

This is a Real Cool OP for a GDT by the way, I'm used to the NHL ones which for the last week or so have been basically just "gently caress the kings" copy pasted a few times.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

HOW COULD YOU posted:

This is a Real Cool OP for a GDT by the way, I'm used to the NHL ones which for the last week or so have been basically just "gently caress the kings" copy pasted a few times.
That's because here in the NBA threads we are all real awesome

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I can't wait til game 3 when Miami turns down the temp so low that the bald spot on Ginobili's head freezes over and magellanic penguins migrate on top of him, completely wrecking any remaining lateral movement

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I can't wait til game 3 when Miami turns down the temp so low that the bald spot on Ginobili's head freezes over and magellanic penguins migrate on top of him, completely wrecking any remaining lateral movement
Miami will litter the Spurs locker room with famous quotes from Science Fiction but the quotes and the stories/movies they're from are mixed up and it will cause Tim Duncan to malfunction.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm rooting for the AC maintenance crew

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I see Snoop is reppin the Hartford Whalers

Also

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Crazy Ted posted:

Miami will litter the Spurs locker room with famous quotes from Science Fiction but the quotes and the stories/movies they're from are mixed up and it will cause Tim Duncan to malfunction.

Hahah yeah a speaker left playing a loop of a voice reading "LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER" forces Duncan to miss the game stuck in the locker room desperately explaining to the walls that this is a common mishearing of the phrase

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
40 minutes to tipoff and the AC in here seems functional. Hilariously, the free giveaway tonight is a towel (in case the AC goes out again).

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I was at AT&T center last night. It was freezing. I tried to find and break the ac unit before I left though. No luck. Stupid dollar beer nights.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope for fair play, good sportsmanship, and for the players to remain friends, tonight

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Vertical Lime posted:

I see Snoop is reppin the Hartford Whalers

Also

owns

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WEREWAIF posted:

I hope for fair play, good sportsmanship, and for the players to remain friends, tonight

I hope we abandon the pretense of fairness or rules in sport and devolve into pure animal competition as the Spurs fans attack and devour anybody they see wearing red and Birdman tears through dozens of husky men women and children in his own personal doomed Alamo stand (LeBron obviously escapes he's really strong and resourceful)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh god finally the finals

Demarcus cousins with a drum losing to jimmy kimmel

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I am ready to watch basketball played at a high level of competition and athletic skill.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

I hope we abandon the pretense of fairness or rules in sport and devolve into pure animal competition as the Spurs fans attack and devour anybody they see wearing red and Birdman tears through dozens of husky men women and children in his own personal doomed Alamo stand (LeBron obviously escapes he's really strong and resourceful)

I hope that if Manu catches a bat, Rashard Lewis will load his catapult and fling an iron ball, to smash his head, before he can harm this innocent animal

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WEREWAIF posted:

I hope that if Manu catches a bat, Rashard Lewis will load his catapult and fling an iron ball, to smash his head, before he can harm this innocent animal

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_6im2RzZxU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Battra wasn't in that Godzilla movie ok

Go Heat. Make this a cool series with cool dunks. Wanna see Ray Allen dunk again

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Chinatown posted:

I am ready to watch basketball played at a high level of competition and athletic skill.
I'm ready to watch lebron james score 200 pts and stare people down like reggie miller.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes

EvanTH posted:

It's almost 90 degrees outside in San Antonio right now. Lebron wouldn't get far.

ssbbud
Jan 2, 2014
Like one of the great ones I'm going to find a way to tell my body 'not now I'll talk to you tomorrow' tonight and endure Mark Jackson's commentary to watch some finals basketball.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
I'm ready for the AC/cramp talks to be replaced with something else.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I am ready to watch these NBA Finals

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I am ready for another spurs win please.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Go Heat and get some GD HVAC reps.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

At my parents and the stream is slow, but they didn't change the router password so I am now high priority and they are low and the stream is smooth hohoho

some days you gotta nerd your way into sports

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I'm sad the pistons are pretty much gone from the montage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol the stadium is in the middle of suburban sprawl

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

20,014?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh marines look out

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This kid owns.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh, hello that boy

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Sweet outfit kid

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What is he wearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yes. Yesssssss.

• Locked thread