Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Madeline
FP: 4

"Okay, Violet! Time to do the thing we practiced!"

With a howl, the tager appears next to the cluster of infantry drones. And next to gorilla. Several times!

Safely cloaked in Violet's stealth field, Maddy grins triumphantly. The decoy trick had always been a big hit in the training scenarios, but they hadn't had the chance to try it in the field. A whole swarm of tager holo-decoys should make a nice distraction.

Maddy will use Optic Warp to create the advantage Decoy Swarm:
Create Decoy Swarm advantage: 4dF+4 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Princess Shirona of Celephaïs
FP: 4 -> 5 -> 3; Consequences: Airsick (Mild)

"Of course."

Shirona unsheathes Dreamshaper without a sound and bounds towards the ruins.

By the time any mortal even perceives of her presence, her blade already falls upon the crowd of armed cultists like a fine pair of shears. Even a bloody migraine, it shouldn't take much to deal with cultist rabble. She feels a lot more concerned with that helmeted man and those huge... things close by.

"I'll handle the ones here!" She buzzes at Cain and Madeline. "Whatever happens, keep these things away from our aircraft!"

I just remembered that I took that compel. :shobon: Gonna account for my FP and consequence now.

Shirona appears in the Ruins, and uses Combat to attack the cultist mooks: ///- +5 = 4, and let's invoke Knight-Errant from the Dreamlands and Relic Hunter, Mage Slayer, Notorious at Both to deal a 8 with Weapon: 2.

If the summoned creature or the cultists intend to move from the ruins, I want to use my Absolute Territory stunt to counter. :| Anyway, it's Cain's turn.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
The shinigami's sudden appearance catches the cultists utterly off guard. She cuts through them like an icy wind, leaving none standing in her wake. Their bodies lay draped across fractured columns and the stubs of long fallen walls, the red of their blood making a bright splash of color in the dreary gray and white. The helmeted figure with the sword watches his followers fall like wheat before the scythe, and adopts a fighting stance that looks worryingly practiced, if unorthodox.

Notes
Aspect Tracker | Map | Battle on the High Plateau

Hopping in real quick since Shirona's attack took out the entire Cultist mob because I rolled poorly. I decided to save my FP and aspects for the bigger nasties :getin:
[18:08] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-//+2 = 1

Also Hyun-Ae can move the VTOL one Zone per turn if you need the fire support somewhere else.

Cain is up in any case!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cain FP: 3

It was cold, being crouched as low in the snow as he was. Hell, he might as well have been proned out. Had he normal, organic knees, he would've no doubt been in serious pain the next morning.

But pain was a non-issue. Cold was a non-issue. What WAS an issue were these cultists, their attached infantry, and that gorilla.

But despite Shirona's devastating assault on the cultists, Cain was happy to be fighting the infantry. They had exactly what he needed - guns. And he had no problems scavenging weapons and ammo off of their corpses.

Silently rising from the snow like a haunting, mechanical spectre, Cain lunges with his curved boot knife toward an infantryman's neck, rapidly moving to assault the others in the formation.

Attacking these infantry guys, not sure if they count as a mob or as individual enemies. Either way, taking the tag on Stealth Approach and invoking Never Asked For It, Gonna Use It Anyway to make my combat roll a +9. I don't think One-Man Strike Team applies here, so it's not +11 at Weapon:2 at least.

Combat vs. Infantry Guys: 4dF+9 8

Also, passing initiative to Mali!

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 9, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Takanago is out of town til Monday at least so I'm gonna shift the init to Li Wu. We'll wrap back to Mali later.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Li Wu

Li backs off. If she has to fight, she prefers hiring people to do it.

Instead, she starts tapping at the screens she brought with her and tries to load up her tacnet software. Programs link up with available cameras and everyone's comms, and soon everyone is being offered a swarm of AR screens, plotted paths, green and red outlines for friends and enemies, and more over an encrypted link. When it comes to software, Li does not mess around.

The software is actually from an AR game, but it's not like anyone here knows that.

Using Notice to create the advantage Tactical Network:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, --+-+5 = 3 Invoking Dangerous High-Tech Sorceress for a reroll!
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +/+-+5 = 6

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aspect placed with two invokes. Mali is up now, then the baddies, since Hyun-Ae placed an advantage earlier.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Mali Sasithorn
FP: 6 -> 5

One of the rocks on the far side of the clearing shifts a little. Or rather, if you were to look a bit more closely, you'd see that that movement was in fact Mali's camouflaged head sticking out from behind that rock.

Looking through her mask's AR display, Mali carefully notes the locations of enemies near and far. It's the kind of heat that would normally be the signal that it's time to leave, but not when you've got aliens, cyborg commandos, and air support on your side. And it's not like this is the worst thing she's fought through, anyway.

With the closest group of infantry heading in her direction, a nice piece of cover right next to her, and the element of stealth still in her hands, the most obvious course of action would be to simply sit back, wait, and then counter-ambush them. It's the clear, sensible option.

...And then there's the other option. All those guys have their predicted movement paths plotted right in front of them. And they've got bigger guns, so in a by-the-numbers firefight they'd kind of have an advantage. But why let that happen?

Mali taps her ear through the side of her mask, and some tunes start playing on her comm device. And then she puts on a determined smile visible to no one. Let's do this.

She leaps out from behind the rock and then dashes from cover in a zig-zag pattern towards the enemy. Her movements are wild and unpredictable, as is her gunfire. Some marksmen might look at the sight and weep, but it seems to catch the soldiers off-guard.

Attacking the infantry in my zone with Combat:
<Takanago> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, -+-/+3 = 2
Tagging Li Wu's Tactical Network and my Pretty drat Reckless for +2 each.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 19, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Up in the sky, the VTOL rocks as the wind picks up and the door gunner opens up. Hyun-Ae has chance to wonder about Little Wing and his cronies' dedication to vintage gear as actual hot brass streams out of the machine gun to spill onto the floor and roll around. Fortunately their dedication to military hipsterism only goes so far. The humming of the chin mounted coilgun's magnets charging up feels like its issuing directly from the line manager's jaw. They're keeping the infamous missiles in reserve for now at least, saving the need to keep count against future billing shenanigans.

Cain slams into the nearest drone, which strayed much too close. The blade severs a critical hydraulic junction, not to mention several important cables. It seizes, then flails violently for a moment, issuing forth a loud burst of noise that degrades into screechy static before it stills. The other two drones immediately split up, diving into new cover and trying to flank the agent. One of them sets up suppressing fire to hold him in place while the other suddenly pops up with a battered looking LAW it picked up. There's a plume of white smoke as it launches, but the snap out fins break off and it tumbles, bouncing off the ground at a crazy angle that sends it spiraling towards Cain. Warhead's gone inert, but getting hit by the drat thing would make for a very bad day.

Nearer the drop off site, Mali's crazy and entirely unorthodox attack does indeed catch the drones off balance. The nearest one takes several rounds to the chest, drops to its knees, manages a squelchy data burst, then falls on its blocky face. The other two scramble for cover in a way that would be comical if they weren't literally remorseless killing machines. Unfortunately for Mali, they still have the better ground from their ambush as they open up with their carbines, trying to establish some sort of tactical control in the face of improvisation.

The gorilla's primary sensor dome swings frenetically from tager to tager as Maddy's images swarm around it, before some internal subroutine hits the threshold for 'gently caress it, shoot everything.' It plants its feet and lobs a good dozen grenades in a saturation pattern in the general direction of its foes, loud thumping noises punctuated by big bass crunches as the rounds detonate. Meanwhile, the targeting array on top tries to home in on the VTOL, a normally invisible laser appearing as a nauseating distortion in the stirred up atmosphere as sleet begins to fall.

The Xanthic priest shouts at warbeast in accented and frankly terribly ungrammatical Enochian, waving his hands for emphasis. The beast lumbers forward, trying to bypass Shirona to get at the squishy sorceress in the back. The shinigami reacts by twisting reality in her favor, putting up a barrier. But the creature is not only ludicrously strong, it comes from a strongly anthrocentric universe itself, helping it to reject Shirona's reality for its own solipsistic point of view. The barrier snaps as it forces its way through. The need to bypass it slowed it down enough for Li Wu to back off to a safe distance for the moment, though.

While she's trying to contain the beast, the priest rushes Shirona, moving with a stumbling gait. He slashes at her one handed, then cartwheels around her counter, kicking at her with metal shod boots before flipping back to his feet, arms waving. Not randomness - chaos, a purposefully erratic approach like that of a drunken fist master.

Notes

The drone infantry defend. The ones near Mali invoke Ambush! for a +2 and the ones near Cain invoke Doctrinal (Dog)matics with a Fate point also for a +2. That's one of the drone infantry's aspects, by the way! They execute tactical doctrine dogmatically, which makes them difficult to fight in some ways, and easy to trick in others. They also are often referred to as dog soldiers or dogbrains because that's about how smart they are.
[19:57] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //+++3 = 5
[19:57] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/++3 = 3

The drones attack their assailants. The ones going after Cain invoke Old Ordinance for a +2 and throw a 6 at him. The ones after Mali throw a 3.
vs Cain: [20:06] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /++/+2 = 4
vs Mali: [20:06] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/-++2 = 3

The gorilla opens up with its grenade launcher, and uses its stunt Saturation Bombardment to attack all the enemies in its zone. That's Cain and Maddy!
[20:09] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++--+4 = 4

It also attempts to place the aspect Locked On to the VTOL via its stunt SAM I Am.
[20:09] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //+-+3 = 3

The Xanthic priest attacks Shirona! Not so good a roll.
[20:32] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +---+4 = 2

The warbeast tries to lumber over to beat down Li Wu, but has to bust through Shirona's Absolute Territory to get there. It manages the roll but spends its action on the overcome.
[20:33] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++/++3 = 6

Let's kick it to Madeline!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Madeline

Yikes! Those grenades got a lot closer than they should have - the gorilla was walking the barrage right toward Maddy's position behind a shot-up tank chassis until some of the decoys got it distracted. Time to move.

Dropping to all fours, Maddy relaxed her grip on the tager's instincts and broke into a loping run, heading for the gorilla on a erratic zig-zag trajectory. Bursts of oddly-colored light and rippling waves of visual distortion built around her as she sped up, exploding into a violent burst of color like waves crashing on a cliff as she impacted the gorilla's hull. Violet snarled in fury as claws, jaws and razor-edged tentacles scrabbled against the smooth alloy, spraying sparks high into the air.

I'll defend against the grenade barrage using Optic Warp:
Defending against grenade barrage: 4dF+4 2

Not a great roll - let's use my free invoke of the Decoy Swarm advantage I created previously to tie it up at 4 and save Maddy's neck.

Attacking the gorilla drone with Combat and Maddy's razor tentacles:
Bare-knuckle gorilla wrangling: 4dF+4 4

I'll spend a Fate Point here to invoke Infant Predator for a +2 to that roll. Total is a 6.

Edit: Forgot about the narrative initiative thing. Hyun-Ae is up next!

Emerald Rogue fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 17, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae FP: 5 -> 4

[ Gorilla's busy. Mad Dog, new target! ] Hyun-Ae highlights the warbeast on everyone's AR displays, designating it as her new priority. "That goes for you too, door gunner!" She claps a hand down on his shoulder. [ Covering the melee approach. ]

The little mercenary pulls a mid-sprint about-face and bounds after the monster. Little Wing's gunner walks a line of bullets around the creature, kicking up a wall of dust to conceal her charge. The line of tracers slowly draws down on the warbeast, and while it may not have been doing much to actually hurt it, the shots did manage to pull its attention just in time for Mad Dog to leap onto its back.

Maniacal laughter accompanies her attempt to behead it with her monofilament chainsaw.

Using the VTOL to place the aspect Fog of War on the Clearing, then spending an FP to get the +2 on Mad Dog's attack on the warbeast.
Mad Dog Attack: 4dF+7 8
aaaaand Mali is next

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Mali Sasithorn
FP: 5 -> 4

"Hah!"

Caught in a hail of gunfire, Mali dives to the ground. As she lands, a thick cloud of snow flies up all around her.

It is, perhaps, a foolish move. That particular spot isn't even close to cover; as soon as the dust settles, you'd no doubt have more than a few guns aimed right at you. Any decent soldier would know that, and there's no doubt that these drones would, too. Except, as the cloud clears, it becomes immediately apparent that there's something wrong here...

She's not there.

This apparent impossibility is explained when, all of a sudden, the operative leaps out of an entirely different patch of snow. Announcing her re-appearance with a slide-kick to one of the drone's legs, Mali further punctuates the statement with another wild round of gunfire.

Defend with Athletics:
<Takanago> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Takanago, +++++4 = 8
Nice! Creating the boost Where'd She Go?! out of that.

Attack with Combat:
<Takanago> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, +/-/+3 = 3
Tagging Where'd She Go?! and spending 1 FP to tag the drone's Doctrinal (Dog)matics for +2 each.

Passing the buck to Li Wu.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Li Wu
FP: 3

The problem with ordering summoned creatures around with a language you're bad at is that someone who is better at it can punk you.

Li takes a deep breath and shouts. Her Enochian is better, of course. It also can't take control of a summoned creature, but she can confuse it for a moment, and the confidence in her voice is just enough to unnerve the summoner into trying to correct his grammar and consolidate his power when he doesn't really have to.

By the time they're done confusing each other, Li has already run away and dived for cover.

Spending a fate point on my Can't Be Worse Than Wade–Giles stunt to declare I speak perfect Enochian, then moving into the Ruins while creating the Deceit advantage Lost Her!.

<Krysmbot> Ettin, ++-++3 = 5

Shirona!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

FP: 3; Consequences: Airsick (Mild)

With a few wide strokes, Shirona cuts through the rocky outcroppings that the cultists used as cover. The moment she focuses on the surrounding area, a small part of the Dreamlands seep into the mountains. Cherry blossom petals descend from above, the wind blowing them over to her and the slain cultists.

That should impress Li Wu, hopefully.

Against all natural laws, the sliced off rocks float upwards to form a natural barrier against the summoned creature's charge. That doesn't stop the monster from plowing through anyway, but hopefully it buys enough time for the chopper to mount a defense. She trusts her companions to hold on.

Meanwhile, the enemy's summoner is right in front of her.

"I am Princess Shirona, heir to Celephaïs and daughter of King Kuranes." She points her blade at the priest in the most dramatic pose. "Who are you to challenge me?"

Just reposting my stunt here to clarify something in Gorbash's post:

Absolute Territory (2 benefits): Wherever Shirona stands, the strange laws of the Dreamlands hold sway and protect her. When invoking an aspect to create an obstacle, Shirona gets a +2 bonus to the difficulty of that obstacle. Once per scene, she can also roll against a Great (+4) obstacle using Dreamlands Lore to subtly change the name of an existing scene aspect to her benefit (and gain a free invoke).

So assuming the made the roll (I forgot to check Gorbash on this :x), I turn the Cover in the Ruins zone into Floating Cover and free invoke it as a +4 obstacle to block the monster. It still gets though with a roll of +6, sadly.

Anyway, let's Provoke and discover the summoner's aspect. -//+ +3 = 3. Also, tagging Cain!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cain
Physical Stress: [X] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mental Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]
FP: 2

And now, Cain had a machine gun. Ho ho ho. Or perhaps the more appropriate term would be "assault carbine" - either way, it was decent surplus from a good 10 years ago, and still as solid as the day it was made. Lifting it from the dead infantry drone, he racks the charging bolt and makes a rush, dodging the LAW as best he could with a diving roll into the snow. Cybernetic legs proved useful, but not useful enough as a stray bullet winged his leg.

Cain's Defense vs. the drones: Combat Defense: 4dF+5 5, leaving Cain to take one box of physical stress. Or does Armor: 2 negate that?

As Cain rose to his feet, the gorilla began spewing explosives across the field. Running in a serpentine pattern, he began to make his way over to the warbeast, the assault drone already rushing for Li Wu and being attacked by Maddy and the VTOL. The good thing was, in its rush to find the sorceress that had evaded it, its exposed back was turned to Cain and easy to assault.

Cain's Defense vs. the Gorilla: Combat Defense 2: DEFEND HARDER: 4dF+5 6,

Finally reaching the huge thing, Cain grabs onto it, scaling its back with a grim tenacity. He'd fought drones like this before, and knew their weak points like the back of his hand. There was a piece of armor plating that covered an empty area in the drone's torso, one that spraying bullets into would cause a ricochet and catastrophic internal damage.

So Cain jammed his knife in, prying the plate up as quickly as he could and jamming the barrel of the carbine into the gorilla's wiring and electronic guts.

The cyborg held down the trigger, clinging to the drone for dear life as he emptied the clip.

Invoking Never Asked For It... and tagging Fog of War and Lost Her! to make my attack roll a +11.
Attack: WITH A VENGEANCE: 4dF+11 11

Passing it to the GM!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The massive assault drone stumbles as the enraged tager slams into it, then scrambles for purchase. Puffs of snow fly up around it, but it stays up, and the barbed tentacles fail to penetrate the thick armor, leaving only bright lines of naked metal. As the two struggle, Cain appears out of the smoke and clambers onto the drone. It tries its best to buck him off, and sweeps an arm at him, but he's in the blind spot where it can't reach. A sensor dome ahead swivels and watches him, but it has no way to interfere. The armor panel comes up easily. But the rounds don't seem to have the effect he was hoping for. Looking within, Cain can see that extra plates have been bolted into place. Some rear end in a top hat made an up-armor kit!

The SAM sensors further up ignore Cain, still trying to get a bead on the VTOL.

In the clearing, the VTOL circles, its door gun roaring. The warbeast doesn't see Mad Dog coming at all, its attention on trying to find Li Wu, and her chainsaw tears a gash even through its thick hide. It emits an unearthly sound somewhere between a squeal of tortured metal and a roar, then turns with surprising speed. It opens its eye and a beam of terrible light blasts forth. The ground it strikes turns black and glassy as it tracks after its target. The heat rising off the black line is bad enough, but there's a terrible sense of wrongness, something that makes sane minds want to get far away.

Nearby, Mali reappears on top of a confused infantry drone, and blows it apart with a close range barrage. The remaining member of the unit opens up on her, but mostly to keep her away, before it turns and runs.

The infantry drones follow Cain, keeping low and firing pot shots at him to try and clear him off the assault unit. Their aim is better - the data from the one he took out has given them a better picture of Cain's abilities, giving them a chance to set up a more effective crossfire. The drone from the other squad comes up behind them, falling into position as it integrates into the new squad.

In the ruins, the priest raises his blade to point rudely at Shirona. "I am Master Kumara! Last of the old masters, but first of the new! I will cast you down, and the Storm shall come to this world and yours!"

Notes

First, Cain is going to take 1 box of stress from the LAW, armor taken into account.

The gorilla defends vs Maddy! She places a boost on it, Gorilla Wrangling (if you have another name feel free!).
[19:46] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++//+4 = 6

Gorilla defense vs Cain. You're in the wrong zone for Fog of War and Lost Her is on the warbeast, but I'll assume the boost above gets invoked so the total would only be 2 less. It invokes its Heavily Armored War Machine aspect to reroll. The net is a 2+2 with the carbine's weapon rating, so with its armor it takes 3 stress! Its still up... OOXO Physical.
[19:50] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /--/+4 = 2
[19:50] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /++++4 = 7

The gorilla counterattacks! It tries to knock Cain off, but it doesn't have very good leverage at the moment.
[19:56] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ---++4 = 2

It tries to get that Target Lock on the VTOL again. Hyun-Ae can defend again.
[19:58] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++--+3 = 3

Meanwhile, the local drones move to assist the gorilla, trying to shoot Cain off. They get to invoke Sacrificial Heuristics since one of their number got squashed, so that comes to a 5! W:2.
[20:01] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/+++2 = 3

The drones near Mali defend. They also invoke Sacrificial Heuristics to avoid getting taken out entirely.
[20:06] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++++2 = 4

The last drone there tries to place the aspect Suppressing Fire on Mali, invoking Sacrificial Heuristics from the drone that just died to make that a 2. then moves to the Huts zone and mobs up with the other drones.
[20:08] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+/-+1 = 0

Warbeast totally loses track of Li Wu.
[20:49] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+--+1 = 0

The warbeast defends vs Mad Dog! It rerolls via Of Course It's Chitinous, and nets out 3 stress. I'm running out of fate points!
[20:17] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ----+3 = -1
[20:17] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++/+3 = 4

The warbeast counters with a blast of energy! It uses it's Furious Reprisal stunt to add the stress it just took to its attack, taking the mild Discorporating in payment. ... Shoot. My last fate point goes to a reroll! That's much better. The attack is against Mad Dog, and it also places Forbidden Zone on the Clearing for free. It will invoke it to create a +2 obstacle to anyone trying to enter the zone!
[20:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/--+6 = 3
[20:28] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +++/+6 = 9

The priest fails to defend against Shirona's provoke. She reveals the aspect Madness and Genius Are Of the Same Coin and gets 1 invoke on it.
[20:24] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/-/+2 = 2

He tries to respond in kind, to get an invoke on Noblesse Oblige but...
[20:32] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /--/+4 = 2

This round starts with Mali!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Mali Sasithorn

As it turns out, when you're outclassed in battle, a decent way to get decent results with a minimum of risk and effort is just to apply a whole bunch of bullets to the situation.

While Mali's tricks were fancy, they did leave her out in the open and on the wrong side of cover. Faced with a barrage of fire, she is forced simply just dive behind a piece of solid terrain and hunker down. When the seem to stop flying past her head, she gets back up and watches the drone's retreat. Mali starts to line up a shot, until her attention is grabbed by warbeast's absolutely dreadful wail coming from right behind her.

"Oh, poo poo!"

Mali's heart races and her stomach lurches. The thought of running away briefly runs through the back of her mind. But instead, her feet stay put and she carefully aims her pistol at the beast's eye. Otherworldly death lasers might be scary things but, hell, you know what they say about what to do when you're outclassed in battle.

Defending with Combat. I believe this tie turns the aspect down to a boost.
<Takanago> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, /-+-+3 = 2

Creating an Advantage with Combat to shoot the warbeast in the eye and give it the Blinded aspect.
<Takanago> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, +-+++3 = 5

Up next is Hyun-Ae!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae FP: 4 -> 3 [ -2 Yeah RIP Fingers ]

Mad Dog kicks herself off of the monster and sprints off into the cloud of dust with a yelp. "This is bad! This is bad this is bad thisisbad!" She leaps out of the way of the beam, but it manages to clip her left hand and vaporize several fingers. For a brief moment, the mercenary stares at her hand in shock. Then she remembers that it was already a prosthetic.

It's easy to forget sometimes.

"Those were expensive!" She retrieves her dropped chainsaw and scrambles to her feet. "You're gonna pay for that!"

[ What? No I'm not! ] High above, Hyun-Ae clutches at her head as she watches her profit margin being slowly whittled away by healthcare expenses. [ That wasn't anywhere in the contract! ]

"I'm not talking about you, ma'am. Oop!" Mad Dog rolls just in time to dodge the beast's claw, then continues her second pass. "This guy! Paying in blood!"

[ Oh. Oh, okay. You had me worried there for a second. ]

The chainsaw whines in protest as it's used to parry another claw. This time it finds purchase and begins to dig in. "I'm glad you're concerned about me!"

Fuckkkk, Mad Dog's defense was a 3 rerolled to 4. Defense against the lock-on was a 4. Taking the mild consequence Yeah RIP Fingers. Rolled a 6 to attack it again. Cain is up next.

pre:
Stress:
Physical $$¢
Mental   $$$$

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cain
Physical: [X] [ ] [X] [ ]
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ]
FP: 1

An up-armor kit. Of course they would. First his luggage gets lost, then an up-armor kit when he doesn't have anything armor-piercing, what was next? A tactical nuclear device?

He was dimly reminded of something Lilith had mentioned, a quote from Scripture about Cain being cursed by God for being a murderer. It seemed a bit on the nose, but rather apropos considering his luck.

The swing was easy enough to get around, as he dropped the carbine and clung to the gorilla, climbing just high enough to avoid the drone's arm, but the fire on his position was proving problematic.

He held fast to the drone, trying to clamber to a safer position and let the drone's up-armor kit take the brunt of the fire. It doesn't work, however, as their fire tracks him and bullets rip through vat-grown skin and ping off of subdermal armor plating.

Having relocated, though, he draws his pistol, pulling the trigger with pinpoint precision at another weak point in the beast's hull, this one covering a critical hydraulic juncture. Hopefully, this one would have more effect.

Defense versus drone arm with Combat:
[23:41] (Krysmbot) TempusPhone, ---/+5 = 2
I'll invoke Never Asked For This... again to bump that to a 4.

Defense versus massed fire:
[23:42] (Krysmbot) TempusPhone, //--+5 = 3
Ouch.

And finally, attack on the drone with a handgun:
[23:42] (Krysmbot) TempusPhone, ++//+5 = 7

Passing initiative to Shirona!

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 31, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

FP: 3 -> 2; Consequences: Airsick (Mild)

Will defense: ++/- +4 = 5. Let's take the boost on that...

"Not likely."

Shirona takes a step forward and quickly fades away from view. When she next appears again, she comes right into striking range of Master Kumara!

"The Storm lost long ago, madman." She swings her blade on the cultist's neck. "Join your fallen kind."

And roll Combat to cut his wizard head off! --+/ +5 = 4, invoking the boost, Madness and Genius Are Of the Same Coin, and an FP on Relic Hunter, Mage Slayer, Notorious at Both to go with 10, W:2.

Tagging Li Wu.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Unfortunately for Mali, the fire she was exchanging with the last infantry drone draw the beast's attention at just the wrong moment. Moving unnaturally fast for something so large, it raises its armored forearm to block the rounds aimed at its eye. With its other claw, it swings at Mad Dog. The chain saw bites, but the armor is thick! She locks up the claw for a moment, though, giving her a chance to turn the situation at least slightly to her advantage.

Cain, still clinging to the drone, is rewarded with a high-pressure stream of hydraulic fluid that sprays out across the snow, staining it purple and steaming in the cold. The gorilla stumbles, but the stream cuts off as damage-control systems bypass the hit. These things are tough.

Kumara tries to move away when Shirona disappears, spinning and dashing randomly, but it's far from enough to keep her from closing. She reappears inside his reach, too close for him to parry. The old priest has good reflexes, bending over backwards like a willow as the shinigami's blade flashes out. Kumara isn't quite quick enough. The magical blade cuts through the metal, only just missing a killing blow. As the priest cartwheels back out of the way, it falls off, revealing a warped visage beneath. His greying hair whips like tendrils in the wind. The face beneath is something more and less than human now. His eyes are still recognizable, wide and bloodshot and grey, but his mouth is a too-broad slash, opening to reveal yellowing sharpened teeth, with tusks jutting up from the lower jaw. Small horns erupt from his temples. The folds of gills flap on his neck as he gasps in the thin air. Kumara hisses and starts to circle the Princess. "I will eat your heart, false one! I will tear it out and show it to you first, and after I have made it part of me I will consume your power!"

Notes

Hopping in to update for the last few actions this round, since a lot of attacks got thrown around.

Suppressing Fire placed as boost.
[20:40] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-//+3 = 3

Beast uses the boost to avoid getting Blinded!
[20:40] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-//+3 = 3

Beast ties on defense vs Mad Dog! Mad Dog can place a boost.
[20:42] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+++3 = 6

Cain shoots up the gorilla - I'm out of FP! It takes... 4 stress after armor - OOXX.
[20:42] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ///-+3 = 2

The priest defends! It's a solid roll but it still leaves 6 stress, so he has to take a moderate. OXO [-2/Unmasked!]
[20:44] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++-++4 = 6

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Li Wu

As Kumura circles around Shirona, Li steps out of a ruined doorway with perfect timing and slips her arms around him from behind.

Kumara feels a pistol press against his chin.

"Ni zhao si ma? Ni yao wo kai qiang?"

Provoke attack:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, -++++2 = 4 Invoking the consequence for +2, Lost Her! for +2, and spending another point on Even Criminals Don't gently caress With Me for another +2 for a total of 10.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Kumara simply freezes for a moment, the breath wheezing out of the slits on his throat. Then he spits on the ground and lets his sword slip from his grasp. "Cào nǐ zǔ zōng shí bā dài," he responds wearily, raising his hands in surrender.

Li Wu takes Kumara out, and takes him prisoner. The warbeast is still fighting, thought - it's not the kind of summoning that turns off if he isn't concentrating on it, and he barely had control of it to begin with. Now that Li Wu has muddied the waters and it's taken some hurt from Mad Dog, you'll have to bring it down separately.
[21:22] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ----+2 = -2

Also, Maddy is up and then the baddies go again!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Madeline
FP: 3

Looking at the gorilla through Violet's red haze, Maddy realizes that her current attack strategy isn't going to get them anywhere. The armor up here is too thick - all Violet's efforts have just create some gouges in the plating and what she suspects will be some very sore pectoral muscles* tomorrow from Violet's attempts to bite into military-grade armor plating.

The armor plating under the hull might be a different story. Drawing on her memories of working the uneven bars back in college, she reaches out for one of the gorilla's hulking limbs, swinging in a neat arc beneath the giant drone. No room for a salto with all of the hydrauics and guns in the way, but there aren't any judges watching anyway.

*Yes, human pectoral muscles have nothing to with bite action. Tager anatomy is ... different.

I'm going to use my Athletics skill to slip under the gorilla's hull and create a positional advantage - let's call it Soft Underbelly.

Swinging under the gorilla: 4dF+4 3

Going to spend another FP to invoke my College Athlete aspect and bring that result up to 5.

Like Gorbash said, I pass initiative to the bad guys!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Maddy dodges under the gorilla, and with her enhanced strengeth tears a length of ferroceramic plate off of the assault drone's underside, exposing many important systems. Unfortunately, this puts her in the perfect position for a counter attack. The big military robot rears up on its hind legs and pounds its metal fists down on the tager, over and over. As Cain hangs on for dear life, the infantry drones continue to move from cover to cover, taking pot shots at him as they close.

The SAM suite tries a new tactic. "We're getting painted with a targeting laser!" Little Wing calls out, jerking the VTOL around in the sky in a sickening manner as he tries to throw off the opponent's aim.

Meanwhile the warbeast continues its struggle with Mad Dog. It's other claw lashes out, snapping at her, trying to get a good grip as it forces her back with the limb engaged by her chainsaw, apparently unmindful of the damage being caused.

Shirona and Li Wu separate Kumara from his gear, zip tie his hands, and put a sealing charm over his mouth to gag him. Now they're free to help out the others.

Notes

Maddy places that advantage and gets a SWS.
[21:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /---+2 = -1

Maddy gets attacked by the gorilla! Ouch, that's also W:2 because of its immense strength.
[21:25] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +++++4 = 8

Still trying to place that Locked On aspect to the VTOL.
[21:27] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//-+3 = 3

The warbeast attacks Mad Dog again. If it connects with its claw, it automagically applies the boost Grabbed on her.
[21:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-+/+3 = 4

Infantry drone triad shoots at Cain!
[21:27] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++-/+3 = 4

Cain can go!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm instituting a new rule for combat with this initiative system - if you get tagged and don't respond within 72 hours (either with your turn, or a pass to someone else, or an update that you are away and unable to post for a period of time, then I reassign the initiative and will circle back to you last before the opposition goes again.

As such, passing initiative to Shirona.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

FP: 2; Consequences: Airsick (Mild)

"Hmm." Shirona muses, making sure that Kumara's seals are taut. Not at all as dramatic as she wanted to end this, but it will do. "Perhaps I will kill you later, then."

She turns her head to the battles further below. There is still much work to do. A warbeast on one side, a robotic gorilla on another. But Shirona could trust Cain and Maddy to hold their own with their... compositions. Not so much with the more human VTOL crew.

"Thank you, Li Wu." Shirona crouches, as if about to pounce. "Can you support me from here?"

And then she takes a massive leap upwards. Her feet touch down on one of the floating rocks, and uses them as stepping stones to gain some height. She almost forgets her airsickness, though a mild queasiness settles when she looks down at the warbeast below.

"This is not my best idea..."

Shirona jumps off one of the rocks and plummets downwards. Sword raised, she comes down on the warbeast like bolt of lightning. Made of sharp steel. It sounds a lot better in her head, really.

Moving to Clearing and attacking the Warbeast with my W:2 sword. ///-+5 = 4.

Go, Li Wu!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Li Wu

Li's hands are a little full, so she calls out orders in Enochian again. It's not going to do anything except get the warbeast to realise where its target went... but that's the point!

Distraction! Using Deceit to create the advantage Pay Attention To Li!.

<Krysmbot> Ettin, ---++3 = 1 Invoking Dangerous High-Tech Sorceress to reroll:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +/-++3 = 4

Passing to Madeline!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Madeline
Physical Stress: [][][X][]
Mental Stress: [][][]
FP: 2

As the gorilla smashes her into the hard, cold ground for the third time, it occurs to Madeline that the lab geeks had never really managed to devise an acceptable lab test for massive blunt trauma resistance when she and Violet were going through their assessment period. She's glad to know that tager hide can stand up to that kind of punishment after all. On further reflection (and the fourth impact with the ground), she's glad to know anything at all - this really hurts!

"I'm (thump) so (thump) DONE (thump) with you!"

Now she's got the timing down. As the gorilla winds up for one more slam, Madeline rolls to her feet and lashes out with her tentacles, which blur through the air as they speed toward the gaping hole in the armor on the massive robot's underside - conveniently exposed as it rears back to try to hammer her into the ground.

Combat Defense vs. Gorilla Fists: 4dF+4 4

So, that roll and my Alien Flesh Armor: 2 reduces his attack to a 2-shift hit, I think. I'll check off my third physical stress box to keep on trucking and deny the gorilla any free hits/boosts resulting from a tie.

I'll atttack the gorilla right back using a free invoke from the Soft Underbelly advantage. Madeline has Weapon: 2 with her razor tentacles.

Gut-punching a robot: 4dF+6 6

Edit: It's Hyun-Ae's turn!

Emerald Rogue fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 17, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae FP: 3 -> 2 [ -2 Yeah RIP Fingers ]

Mad Dog continues to press her chainsaw into the warbeast's hand, cutting through the chitin and exposing the soft squishy bits beneath. The machine whines in protest as sinew is pulled inside it. A pop and a little black cloud of smoke signal its failure. The mercenary only has enough time to toss the weapon aside before she finds herself being waved around like an actor in the clutches of King Kong.

"That's bad! This is bad!" She manages to kick her legs up in time to push back against it's crushing grip.

Hyun-Ae shouts from her platform in the sky. [ Use the air blade, you jackass! The air blade I got you! Use the air from your air tank! ]

"The what?" Mad Dog raises her left arm and extends the hidden rune-covered blade within, suddenly remembering the upgrade that Miss Hekmatyar had recently acquired for her. "Oh yeah. Stabbing it now!" She thrusts the blade into the open wound and activates it, shooting a stream of compressed air directly into its flesh.

Creating the advantage Soft, Squishy Bits from the tie earlier.
Mad Dog Defense: 4dF+5 4 Tie!
Using the new advantage to boost the attack.
Mad Dog Attack: 4dF+7 7
Spending an FP to invoke Ex-Uller Executive Arcanotech Dealer to boost it by +2 for a total of 9.

pre:
Stress:
Physical $$¢
Mental   $$$$
e: Mali's turn.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

As the biomechanical kriegaffen rears up for another slam, Maddy's tentacles infiltrate its armor in a visual only a Japanese animator could truly do justice to. The armor is ripped off like tissue, exposing the vulnerable inner workings of the drone's drive assembly. As the tager continues her assault, hydraulic lines flail and spray blue liquid, cables short in showers of sparks, and smashed gearing rips free like shrapnel. The gorilla stumbles to one side as its left rear limb gives out completely, managing to catch itself before toppling over completely. It staggers and crabs sideways as it tries to stay upright, one leg dragging and the other limbs twitching erratically, awful grinding noises coming from every joint.

But it's still up. They built these drat things tough.

No one built the warbeast, but its nearly as robust. As Shirona falls on it from the sky, the creature throws up a barrier of warped space - but shinigami are well versed in surmounting such techniques. She cuts right through it, crashing down on the servitor like a falling star. It manages to interpose the massive claw not otherwise engaged at the last moment. The impossibly hard exoskeleton turns aside the blade, leaving a vicious gouge behind. While its distracted, Mad Dog drives her pneumatic blade in. The creature emits a rising unearthly scream of pain, and flings the mercenary aside, but not before she does catastrophic damage. Green-black ichor seeps from the wound as the beast flails in rage, snow and debris flying everywhere.

Notes

Mid round update to resolve some attacks.

Maddy nets out 5 stress on the gorilla, forcing it to take the moderate consequence 404 E-ntrails Not Found and putting it at XOXX stress, with a mild left! She also places the boost Gyroscopic Destabilization due to SWS.
[20:53] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-+-+3 = 2

The Forbidden Zone got invoked as a +4 barrier, which got tied, so Shirona has the boost Kakarigeiko placed on her. However, it invokes her Airsickness for +2 to beat her attack and avoid taking any damage.
[20:34] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-+++3 = 4

Li places her aspect as a SWS, so two invokes!
[20:35] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+--+2 = 1

Defense vs Mad Dog! It invokes RIP Fingers and Grabbed for +2 each. I took the liberty of throwing in invokes of Little Wing's VTOL, Pay Attention to Li!, and Fog of War because that results in it going to OOXX stress and taking the mild consequence Cracked Shell, and gives a SWS so a boost gets added of Punctured.
[20:35] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+-+3 = 4

Mali is free to go!

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 17, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Mali Sasithorn

You'd think that hits like that would take that warbeast out. Not quite, apparently.

"This loving thing..."

Mali looks up at the creature, and then down at the pistol in her hands. For some reason, the weapon doesn't feel so impressive anymore. With the way that beast is struggling, you'd only probably need just a little bit to take it out. But you'd need a little bit more than this.

Suddenly, everything seems clear. There is a sharp, sudden realization in her head. Almost as if an idea was suddenly planted in there.

Thmp. Mali's grip loosens, letting her gun fall right into the snow. Slowly, deliberately, she opens her bag and retrieves the skull-chain from inside.

Whoosh. Whoosh. She spins the thing in the air. It is slow at first, but in almost no time at all it is like a ghastly neon blur.

Then she lets go, sending the skull flying towards the warbeast like a bullet. The air around it seems to distort a little, and if you listen closely enough you can almost hear a scream underneath the sound of it shooting through the air.

Attacking with Combat:
<Takanago> !r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, +--++3 = 3
Tagging Cracked Shell, Pay Attention To Li and Punctured for +2 each, since they're all on the warbeast and this SHOULD take it down. Also I am using the Weapon:2 that the skull has but that's probably not necessary.

Next up is Cain!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cain

Cain deliberately drops off the warbeast, rolling away into the snow as Maddy and Mali's assault connects, snapping off the last bullet in the chamber as he does so.

Attacking with Combat, one last time!

Combat: 4dF+5 6

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The warbeast sees the skull coming, and raises its uninjured, if scarred, claw to knock it away. But when the crystal impacts, it does not bounce off. Instead, the exoskeleton craters around it, like a stone dropped on a cloth loosely stretched across an open space. It doesn't even slow as the claw is force back into the body of the unearthly thing. It's eerie howl rises in terror as it somehow folds in around the projectile, which moves further into its flesh while seeming to stand still. In moments the sound of cracking shell and tearing flesh fills the air as the creature is pulled into a spiky fractal shape, then with a snap and a flash of blueish light it disappears. The skull seems to hang in the air for a moment, shedding heat so intense that the radiation alarms on Little Wing's craft blare on momentarily. Not long enough for any damage - at least, none a few of the pills in the first aid kit can't fix.

The skull begins to fall, rapidly cooling to blue, then white, then red hot before it hits the snow with a hiss of steam.

Meanwhile, the brutally damaged assault drone feebly tries to interpose its un-breached dorsal armor against Maddy's assault. In doing so, it exposes the damaged underside to the forgotten cybernetic soldier. With the unerring aim of the enhanced, Cain lines up a shot and fires. The round tears through the flimsy casing of the exposed cyberbrain housing. In an anticlimax, the gorilla's motions slow and then stop, and it tips over into a snow bank. The anti-air sensor dome continues to rotate in panicked futility, but in this attitude there's no chance of it getting a useful lock on the VTOL.

With the two major combatants down, the infantry drones initially start to fall back, then in quick succession each topples over. They smell strongly of overheated wiring - a suicide subroutine, to avoid capture, triggered automatically - or perhaps remotely.

Little Wing whistles softly. "You want I should put down, boss lady?"

There is no sound on the plateau itself now, save for the howl of the increasing wind and the patter of freezing rain.

The warbeast and the assault drone both get taken out, what with the aspects and boosts to invoke on each. With only the drones left, the opposition concedes, netting me back 6 fate points from all those consequences the baddies took to replace the 6 I had in reserve. :getin:

In return though, you guys get to decide some of the disposition of the opposition you took out - including the gorilla assault drone, the infantry drone triad, and the servitor. You also captured the Xanthic priest, Kumara. You can get information or equipment from them, give me an idea of what you're looking for and we'll work it out. There's also stuff to explore up here.

And the storm is picking up...

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cain
FP: 1

Cain immediately sets to work at the mangled corpse of the gorilla, working to free its massive grenade launcher from the hulking frame.

The storm picking up barely seems to faze him, but his concern for the rest of the team begins to mount.

"We need to get to some shelter, team. This weather's gonna be hell on the op."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae FP: 2 [ -2 Yeah RIP Fingers ]

"Yeah. Down. Down." Hyun-Ae thumbs down at the ground, highlighting a small clearing next to where Mad Dog had taken a seat on a fallen pillar. The VTOL drops down at a hasty rate and lands. Exhaust blasts the sleet out in every direction. Miss Hekmatyar's mercenary comes scampering over in hopes of getting out of the weather.

"You're paying for this, right?" The little woman shoves her half-severed cybernetic fingers in Hyun-Ae's face. "Right?"

"Right, yeah. Yeah, sure. We'll call it a bonus for a job well done." She slaps he hand out of her face. "Just chill, dog. Let me talk to some folks first. You take a load off." As Mad Dog settles into a seat, the executive slaps a hand on Little Wing's shoulder. "Hey buddy, you gonna be able to fly in this weather? We need to pitch camp or what? Also, go have your boys see what they can salvage off the drones. Stuff might come in handy, right?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

FP: 2; Consequences: Airsick (Mild)

"Well." Shirona sighs, sheathing her blade once more. Dreamshaper could barely cut that warbeast, and yet... "I will make it a point to not get in the way of that skull."

That's done. Time to finish her job.

She returns to Kumara by the ruins, grabs him by his hair, and yanks him down to the snow. Her sword whips out again, an inch away from his neck.

"Any final curses to cry out before I end you?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Li Wu

Li puts out an arm to stop Shirona. She's obviously started to shiver under her parka, but she's got it under control for now.

"Or you could give us information. About this place, and what you're doing here."

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
Madeline
FP:2

"Ugh. Bruised and covered in goo. Again. At least this time it's just hydraulic fluid and not ahuizotl juice. That stuff stank."

Maddy pops back into plain sight a the alien anatomy of the tager retreats beneath her heavy clothing. A relieved peep from inside her coat signals Violet's approval of the Foundation's choice in winter gear.

"Um, while you guys have a chat with tall, pale and be-horned over there, I'm going to check out that hut we saw from the air. Maybe we can use it for shelter or something. Or maybe these weirdoes left some soup on. It's freezing out here."

Comrade Gorbash, with your approval, I'd like to (finally) define my remaining stunt as Master of Disguise - When you’re in a situation where you’re able to slip away unnoticed, you have the option to temporarily drop out of the game altogether. If you do, spend a fate point to reappear disguised as a faceless NPC already in the scene. Seems like a fun thing for a sneaky hologram alien hybrid to be able to do.

Emerald Rogue fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Little Wing turns back to face his employer, a tricky maneuver in the cramped cockpit. He waggles a hand at Hyun-Ae. "Yeah we can fly but it won't be fun. This bird's rugged but the air's thin up here, not a lot for the fans to bite into. It gets much worse and I wouldn't want to risk it short of an emergency, ya know?" The crew chief hops out and goes to lend a hand with the infantry drones, carrying a tool-case half as big as he is.

Would you rather be getting data or gear from the drones?

Kumara sneers at Shirona, no fear in his eyes, though he swallows very carefully. "We prepare the way for the return of true Adept, the Lords of the Air and Darkness! When the Way was betrayed by apostates and heretics, they turned aside from the us, unworthy worms that we were, and journeyed to the Holy Redoubt that had been prepared for them. They have meditated there since, for time untold for the Masters can twist it to their will. But now the return is nigh! We kept to the Way, kept ourselves PURE, and dealt harshly with those who had strayed. And the Adept, knowing of our devotion, chose us as the their heralds, and sent to us the means to see their will done on this world and all others!"

His jaw twists, the weird gill-like flaps on his neck working, and he spits greenish phlegm on Shirona's coat. "Do your worst, Death Priest. Even should this shell die on your blade, the Adept shall be nourished by my soul and grow stronger. And soon your kind will know their Will, and serve the Way - or die!"

You can keep asking him questions and he'll keep answering for now, but it is all going to be twisted according to his weird ideology.

Also, that stunt sounds great to me! I will detail whats inside the hut later today.

• Locked thread