Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Feel like watching Constantine
Sure!
No thanks.
Kill yourself troon.
Im watching something else right now.
View Results

• Locked thread
Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

The comics were actually pretty good. Up until Brian Azzarello did his thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Well that was an enjoyable movie. I think ill check out jonny pnumonic next.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I saw this opening weekend in the theater, and they actually handed out surveys for the audience to fill. They had questions like "what scenes did you like best" and "which character was your favorite". It was weird. I said I liked the Satan character best, as Peter Stormare just kills it.

The movie itself isn't bad, but you really shouldn't compare it to the comic book as it removes far too many of the key elements there. I'm a sucker for the whole paranormal world detective niche myself so I can't stay mad at the film. It's actually not bad at all on its own in-a-vacuum merits. I especially dug the pestilence monster early on. If you liked the film, I suggest Dylan Dog: Dead of Night, as it's another "not bad" detective dealing with monsters movie based on a comic. Hopefully the tv show for Constantine will be good when it comes on this fall.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

The african american voodoo guy is kinda creepy. Hes cool though.

papa midnight legit owns. constantine is great and my dream is getting nic cage and keanu to collaborate on a sequel.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my only complaint is that constantine used up the potential for a movie based on the hellblazer run where john constantine cons the devil out of giving him chemotherapy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobohemian posted:

Kennith Brangnah's Much Ado About nothing has Keanu Reeves opposite Shakespearean veteran Kennith Brangnah. That one is almost surreal.

Michael Keaton's in it. His part makes it the good kind of surreal. Although it's been a while since I last watched it.

edit: voted "watching something else," sorry op.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

my only complaint is that constantine used up the potential for a movie based on the hellblazer run where john constantine cons the devil out of giving him chemotherapy

OBAMACARE!!!! :argh:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Steve Somners best described Tilda Swinton as "that one lady who's basically a man but like, hot."

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare are excellent even in the car wreck that was that movie, here's hopping the tv show is better.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Harime Nui posted:

Steve Somners best described Tilda Swinton as "that one lady who's basically a man but like, hot."

Gabriel was supposed to be both man and woman so there's that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Constantine wasn't that bad at all, I quite liked it. Keanu did a good job. Sure, he can't do a British accent to save his life, but they're all poncy wankers riding around in lorries to hospital and wierd usage of articles/adjective/adverbs anyway, wot?

Anyway, as comic book movies go it was close enough to the source material while being it's own thing. Professor Clumsy should like it, unless his irrational hatred of cool American dudes short circuits that.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i think it's a good movie but then again i'm probably biased because i hunt ghosts

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
i thought it was fun, i don't understand why it got so much hate when it came out cause it's a fun silly action movie.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I unironically like this movie.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

psyopmonkey posted:

Well that was an enjoyable movie. I think ill check out jonny pnumonic next.

Yes!

vv How about Johnny Mnemonic vv

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 9, 2014

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Just got back from my run...

How is this thread still alive? Im watching Adventures in Babysitting while I stretch out.

How does a Bill and Ted marathon sound tonight? :3:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I love Keanu Reeves because even he's as dumbfounded about his popularity as the rest of us. Every movie he's in he gives off this "I can't believe I'm really in this movie" vibe and the audience is all "We can't believe it either"

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I thought it was a good movie, good premise w remembarable characters and cool settings n scenes

I read sum of the comics bc of itwhat r the good comics i wanna reread em

JustCait
May 28, 2014
I remember thinking Constantine should be good, but hating it. I think it looked great, but sucked still.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think Shia leboef plays his part well and the special effects are above average.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

oldpainless posted:

I think Shia leboef plays his part well and the special effects are above average.

I thought he was kind of annoying.

HEY BROS, ITS TIME FOR SOME ADVENTURES WITH...

WYLD

STALLYNS

Whoa...

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

Yes!

vv How about Johnny Mnemonic vv

great movie. he can carry NEARLY 80 GIGS of data in his head.

this is this dystopian future you have to look forward to goons :ohdear:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure can be purchased for $9.99 on Amazon prime.

Linky link

Well, im thinking of $9.99 USD.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I have a feeling Keanu Reeves is gonna be big poo poo in China soon. He's goona be like what Jackie Chan was to us.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
So did Socrates always visit San Dimas, or did B&T change the past and the future?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

So did Socrates always visit San Dimas, or did B&T change the past and the future?

Both.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Remind me - what happened with all the time travelers once B&T's presentation was over. Were they stuck in San Dimas?

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
Constantine was p cool

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

redshirt posted:

Remind me - what happened with all the time travelers once B&T's presentation was over. Were they stuck in San Dimas?

they formed their own band and went on tour through time obviously.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
One of the fun things about this movie is that Rufus never tells Bill or Ted his name.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

No...

This excellent dude...

Brought them all back.

Just watch the movie.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I didn't mind Constantine, but I've never read any of the comics its based on so...

I also don't have a problem with KeanWhoa Reeves

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Shia lebourf should everything stop forever. Kenanu Reeves is a pretty decent guy and actor.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

are there any good plumpers in this movie i prefer for there to be a nice plumper or two in a movie like this for a man to enjoy if you know what i mean

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

StarkWhite posted:

are there any good plumpers in this movie i prefer for there to be a nice plumper or two in a movie like this for a man to enjoy if you know what i mean

I think Napoleon eats a nice plump hot dog in Bill and Teds excellent adventure.

You can learn more about Plump Hot Dogs at your local library!

Check it out! :toxogond:

psyopmonkey fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 10, 2014

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
"So-crates, watch out for your robe dood."

Better than Shakespeare.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I laughed really hard at that one part of that cartoon movie he was in when he smacks his head into an open cabinet door and yells gently caress really loud and it turns out that's why he's on smack and also like a cop or something

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Thats "A Scanner Darkly".

Hush up. We arnt on that yet.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Thats next! Quit jumping the gun, mister!

• Locked thread