Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Who is the best waste bunker/beach player currently on tour? I'm picking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm thinking someone that can play well out of that crap or not hit it at all.....with 7600 yds and what sounds like pretty slim fairways, I'm guessing players could be hitting second shots out of that stuff 5+ times per round if the overall fairways hit % is around 60% (PGA Avg).

That's potentially 20 second shots out of crud like this over the course of the tournament:

It looks like every fairway has waste areas around it. Maybe it won't matter at all an they'll be able to hit greens out of there with no probs.

http://www.pinehurst.com/golf/courses/no-2/

I'll just pick a crafty island based Euro.......Graeme "MacDougal." On second thoughts Bubba can probably play out of that stuff all day long no problem.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 9, 2014

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Rickie sporting knickers today, nice.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I don't think Bubba's gonna make Saturday guys.

Golfweek posted:

Watson, in contrast, appeared psyched out by a Pinehurst course that he said, “didn’t fit his eye,” and neutralized his power game. “I’m not very good laying up,” he said.

Watson’s dream of the grand slam looked to go up in smoke when he made a double bogey at the par-5 10th to drop to 5 over. While he mostly stuck to his conservative game plan, Watson banged driver on several occasions but hit only 8 of 14 fairways. When asked to name his worst lie of the day, he answered, “All of them.”

“Today wasn’t my day for ball-striking,” he said. “Come out tomorrow and try to play better, that’s it. If I don’t, I’ll get ready for next week.”

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 13, 2014

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
meh

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

DJExile posted:

Goddamn what's gotten into Kaymer :stare:

dude's just wrecking this course

pretty much

Hopin' the GMac attack gets going and of course Phil.

....also Eric Compton's RESTING pulse is like 150 or some poo poo from the anti-rejection meds he is loaded up on. What a tough bastard.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Weezer dropping bombs all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Lexi just putted from a greenside bunker/waste area onto the green and made a 3 footer for par birdie.

Lucy Li just owns.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 20, 2014

• Locked thread