Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

catpowerd posted:

What are the chances of Fallout 4 being announced do you think?

At this E3, around 85%.
I mean, we all know that it's in development, and it had been for a while now. I'm reserving 15% for next year, if development is going badly.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I'm excited about skate 4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft is focusing more on Xbox 360 and PC this year then they are on Xbone. Let that sink in if you had any confidence in the Xbone.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

suddenlyissoon posted:

Say what you want about Neogaf (they're horrible), but they did produce the greatest E3 gif of all time

False, because that was nowhere near the worst e3 ever.

and

And just for the trifecta, a gif that doesn't need a reaction, unfortunately from a different year.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

revdrkevind posted:

But Gates is historically going to be seen as a decent dude.

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/
^Dude gives back. Also:

Sr. is pretty chill, junior is still a rich piece of poo poo who deserves no support.

gently caress the Gates Foundation and their whole charter school program push

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I like the parts of the conferences where it's bad and awkward, that's cool.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

revdrkevind posted:

Peggle 2 guy
That was a weird source of shock, confusion and embarrassment that has miraculously never dulled over the years.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Does peggle 2 run at 60fps yet?

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Morphix posted:

Sr. is pretty chill, junior is still a rich piece of poo poo who deserves no support.

gently caress the Gates Foundation and their whole charter school program push

Fair points.

But seriously I have no idea what the gently caress is even supposed to happen at this e3, I have no idea at all where any of the major consoles think they can possibly go except Nintendo will release more Nintendo games because Nintendo. Zero expectations this year.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Hat Thoughts posted:

I like the parts of the conferences where it's bad and awkward, that's cool.

RIP Konami

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Gimbal lock posted:

At this E3, around 85%.
I mean, we all know that it's in development, and it had been for a while now. I'm reserving 15% for next year, if development is going badly.

Pretty sure Bethesda explicitly said they're not announcing Fallout 4 this year.

edit: the link http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/05/26/fallout-4-e3-game-promises-complex-choices/

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 9, 2014

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Cantorsdust posted:

Pretty sure Bethesda explicitly said they're not announcing Fallout 4 this year.

That doesn't really mean anything. Not saying they are going to, but you cant trust PR.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

I legit loved this moment. How else best to announce a game that people will be pleasantly surprised at best (or more likely, not give a poo poo)? I couldn't care less about Peggle 2 and I would have done the same thing on stage. :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Historically Bethesda likes announcing games near the end of the year. Their last few games were announced at the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Cantorsdust posted:

Huh. Gotta wonder what else they'll be announcing then. Their lineup for this fiscal year is pretty slim otherwise.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
I am so looking forward to the disappointment when Microsoft doesn't do much. :munch: Xbox Originals, Halo ports and maybe Crackdown 3 in 2016 if you're lucky. Choo choo, motherfuckers.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

I got really sad when I googled "Konami E3 2014" and then realized

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can we have a moment of silence for awkward luchadores

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Historically Bethesda likes announcing games near the end of the year. Their last few games were announced at the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

They've already got announcements on their website, plus Elder Scrolls Online means their try hard facilities will be occupied with MMO money for the near future.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gimbal lock posted:

Huh. Gotta wonder what else they'll be announcing then. Their lineup for this fiscal year is pretty slim otherwise.

The side of Bethesda that makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout and the one with Todd Howard, is a development team that moves pretty slowly and is okay with not releasing games yearly.

revdrkevind posted:

They've already got announcements on their website, plus Elder Scrolls Online means their try hard facilities will be occupied with MMO money for the near future.

Not the Bethesda i'm talking about. Elder Scrolls Online is Zenimax anyways, not the Bethesda we like.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Gimbal lock posted:

I legit loved this moment. How else best to announce a game that people will be pleasantly surprised at best (or more likely, not give a poo poo)? I couldn't care less about Peggle 2 and I would have done the same thing on stage. :allears:

It was seriously pretty shrewd. At the cost of two seconds and a tiny bit of lost dignity he turned Peggle from a game nobody had ever heard of into one they'll probably never forget.

Orv
May 4, 2011

revdrkevind posted:

As ever the people who make Skyrim and Fallout have almost nothing to do with the MMO people.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:live:spike.com:64d8ba86-6cac-4baa-9013-318cc5ab810b

Direct link to gametrailers/Spike stream.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Did anyone make a bingo card for MS? Those are dumb fun.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bass Bottles posted:

Every square is Halo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bass Bottles posted:

You'd have to be some kind of artificial superintelligence to come up with enough plausible things that you wouldn't just fill every space. Their conference this year isn't going to be great unless they've suddenly learned not to leak all over the place in the last three months.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

C'mon Microsoft, do something cool and announce a proper Alan Wake 2.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

I said come in! posted:

The side of Bethesda that makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout and the one with Todd Howard, is a development team that moves pretty slowly and is okay with not releasing games yearly.

Still, the timing seems right. They can't delay releasing anything forever and Skyrim was released in 2011.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Orv posted:

As ever the people who make Skyrim and Fallout have almost nothing to do with the MMO people.

This runs contrary to what I've been hearing from the people who have played and enjoyed the Beta.

...which sort of explains their enjoyment of said beta, to me.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Still, the timing seems right. They can't delay releasing anything forever and Skyrim was released in 2011.

Didn't they just release a lovely MMO?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Xbox One Slim

Three words, but the only three words Microsoft needs to beat the world and win the prize.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Bass Bottles posted:

I found these

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Polygon live blog for those who can't get to a TV or watch a stream or whatever
http://live.polygon.com/microsoft-xbox-e3-2014-halo/

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Morphix posted:

Xbox One Slim

Three words, but the only three words Microsoft needs to beat the world and win the prize.

"Guaranteed Full Refund"?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Morphix posted:

Xbox One Slim

"Call of Duty"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Am I the only one who prefers to watch GiantBomb E3 streams? I love the guys' snarky comments.

Oddly enough, I can't stand commentary over Apple events.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Morphix posted:

Xbox go home

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

JazzFlight posted:

Am I the only one who prefers to watch GiantBomb E3 streams? I love the guys' snarky comments.

Oddly enough, I can't stand commentary over Apple events.

Loves snark, but not when it's directed at Apple? Sounds like anyone who uses Apple.

Insert burn joke.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Giantbomb's stream has already started complete with greek statue penis for anyone who is interested.

edit: gently caress that's Roman penis, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I made a dumb Bingo card, hopefully it gets completely full

• Locked thread