Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The official FIFA World Cup™ Fantasy™ Football™ game has launched today: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com

Pick a 23 man squad with an 100M budget. Player values range from 1M (Iran n Algiers) to 10M (Big Ronald). Jozy is a 6M garbageman.

TRP league? Sure:

League: search for "TRP Parmoliga" or go here
Password: sepp

OK lets all spend 100 hours getting our perfect matchday 1 squads in order...vamos Honduras!

MoPZiG fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
FIFA are horrible cunts.

en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com ffs

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I've joined the league, but it doesn't show up in My Leagues. Dunno whats going on there.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I made a team, bought all the horrible 1 dollar chumps I could for a ace first 11

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Disgraceful password IMO

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Yeah I bought a bunch of poo poo $1 million guys too

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Byolante posted:

I made a team, bought all the horrible 1 dollar chumps I could for a ace first 11

I think this is the way to go. From my reading of the rules you can't change lineups between gamedays and arent given any transfers during the group stage. I'd go heavy on Brazil, Argentina and France.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm going to forget about mine as soon as the World Cup starts and let my cool team just accumulate points, so transfers are kinda useless to me anyway. Hopefully a slightly better squad will work in my favor that way.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I won't post my epic win team until the tournament kicks off so you can't steal it

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Duncan Sperguson posted:

I won't post my epic win team until the tournament kicks off so you can't steal it

same

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

In what universe is Jozy Altidore worth more than Loic Remy.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
just created a team and wont bother with it or else I'll be a massive sperg and not actually enjoy watching the matches

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Duncan Sperguson posted:

http://i.imgur.com/eVTIkZC.jpg

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Here's hoping this doesn't backfire horribly!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

drat looking at my team again and I can't believe how much better it is than what has been posted here so far.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Myssu posted:

In what universe is Jozy Altidore worth more than Loic Remy.

The mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com Universe

3peat
May 6, 2010

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
The rules on subs seem a bit ambiguous.

As far as I can tell, you can sub as many players as you like during the game rounds, as long as the outgoing player has played and the incoming player hasn't played. What is not stated, and important for me, is whether you can change formation in the course of these substitutions.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Bit racist of you not to include Jozy.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Phwoar, Messi, Ronaldo and Mehrdad Poolady

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Super sub Hashem Beikzadeh will lead my team to victory.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Has anyone actually got a single non wasteman sub?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Whoops

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

phwoar

Skinty McEdger posted:

I have like one at each position so I can play the matchups a little and also if someone gets injured since you can't make any transfers during the group stages

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
This is my current bunch of misfits. I don't really get how you can do this without a bunch of algerians.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

ummmm

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I've got Fellani on the bench.............

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can your subs get points? I just bought good players and then let the site auto-complete with scrubs.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Signed up as theCHRZA

I'm also basically relying on like 6 all-stars and about 5 players that I thought should have been worth more points. The rest are just randos worth 1 pt who won't even play.

My sister picked a roster with actual depth, and maybe that'll work out for her?

Also lol at anyone selecting Ronaldo. It would be acceptable if he had 2 healthy knees, wasn't in the group of death, and wasn't on Portugal. Waste of 10 points IMO.

Pro-hint: Eden Hazard is valued at 8 pts and Belgium is facing Algeria, Russia and Korea in the group stage.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chorrax posted:

Pro-hint: Eden Hazard is valued at 8 pts and Belgium is facing Algeria, Russia and Korea in the group stage.
Eden Hazard has 6 goals in 45 games.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Chorrax posted:

Also lol at anyone selecting Ronaldo. It would be acceptable if he had 2 healthy knees, wasn't in the group of death, and wasn't on Portugal. Waste of 10 points IMO.

Like I'm not going to pick the best player in the world in my fantasy team.

Lol if you play fantasy football and pick a team of reasonably priced belgians

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Step aside losers

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bland posted:

Step aside losers

Phwoar, think of all the service he's gonna get

(also, I believe Danijel Pranjic will miss the world cup due to injury)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Chris de Sperg posted:

Eden Hazard has 6 goals in 45 games.

I didn't read the rules or anything, but I think midfielders gain points if they provide assists etc? At least that's how it works in other fantasy things I'm in.

origami manatee
Oct 21, 2010

I made food
Ahahah, the scoring rules say that midfielders literally get one point every single time they recover a ball

Like are we supposed to cram our teams with defensive midfielders and bag 400 points per round or what is even going on

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

origami manatee posted:

Ahahah, the scoring rules say that midfielders literally get one point every single time they recover a ball

Like are we supposed to cram our teams with defensive midfielders and bag 400 points per round or what is even going on

Busquets supremacy

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

origami manatee posted:

wait what

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

origami manatee posted:

They have a much stricter definition of recovered balls. Some dude on Fantasy Football scout looked at the stats from the last WC and the highest any player averaged was ~3.5 RBs a game, and that was a defender.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

beedeebee posted:

I didn't read the rules or anything, but I think midfielders gain points if they provide assists etc? At least that's how it works in other fantasy things I'm in.
They do, but that still doesn't help Hazard much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Man, the layout for this sucks compared to the Euros

• Locked thread