Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
TBH, all of the changes suck. The one you knew and loved from the Euros was also the format that is used each year for the Premier League. I don't know why this time they've gone for a different format with fixed formations, extra subs, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
The last time I did fantasy was the '06 World Cup and IIRC you could change up your XI every single day. It was better because you would have some motivation to choose a balanced roster and honestly it took up a little more of my time -which is the whole point of fantasy sports.

OHHH Well. I'm still really excited for matches to start. I've basically got my XI picked but, lemme ask you guys:

Pirlo or Eden Hazard?

Both midfielders. Both 8 points. Both pretty solid.
I'm torn.

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

Team registered and probably forgotten about in two days time. Not posting an image of my super kickin' radical team because I can't be arsed to set up an imgur account it's too awesome for your brains to handle.

It's mostly Brazilians, Argentinians, a few choice Europeans and a bench full of Iranian/Algerian scrubs. Shocking.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The fact the lineup doesnt show which team each player is Vs is really annoying.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Chorrax posted:

The last time I did fantasy was the '06 World Cup and IIRC you could change up your XI every single day. It was better because you would have some motivation to choose a balanced roster and honestly it took up a little more of my time -which is the whole point of fantasy sports.

OHHH Well. I'm still really excited for matches to start. I've basically got my XI picked but, lemme ask you guys:

Pirlo or Eden Hazard?

Both midfielders. Both 8 points. Both pretty solid.
I'm torn.
This is still the case - you can do unlimited subs mid-"phase", subbing in players that haven't played. If you sub out someone who has played, you cannot sub them back in, whereas you can change those that haven't played in and out at your leisure. You can also change your formation, BUT BE CAREFUL, it will automatically sub out whoever is on the right-hand side (looking at the screen) if you go down a number for a particular position (even if there are empty slots).

E.g.
Formation is 4-5-1 (. = empty)

code:
           A
   B    C     D    E
.    .    F     G    H
          I

with J thru W on the bench
If you then change it to 4-3-3, players G and H will be subbed off, despite there being two empty midfield slots. Becoming:

code:
           A
  B    C      D     E
     .     .    F
     I     .    .

with G, H, and J thru W on the bench
Clearly you can then sub in players to fill the spaces. If G and H have already played, you will not be able to put them back in. If they haven't played, you can just put them straight back in.

The rather ridiculous implication of this, is this example:

You set a 4-5-1 formation. You're half way through the game "phase" (or round or whatever). One of your midfielders has got 30 points. All your other midfielders have played, but did poo poo and got like 1 point between them. The midfielders on the bench are poo poo, but you have two awesome strikers on the bench who have yet to play. Therefore, you want to switch to 4-3-3 to get these strikers on in place of the midfielders who were poo poo. Now, if you had been unlucky enough to place your 30 pointer on the right hand side (left wing) or the next position in, this would be impossible without him being subbed off automatically. But, if you had been lucky, and he was in one of the other midfield slots, you'd be fine. It's impossible to move them from one position on the pitch to another without going via the sub bench.

I hope this makes sense?

PS - Neymar captain - hell yeah!

Ewan fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 13, 2014

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
So Neymar got 14 points after saving Brazils opening game and Ramos got 9 points after being demolished. Great stuff.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

saihttam posted:

So Neymar got 14 points after saving Brazils opening game and Ramos got 9 points after being demolished. Great stuff.

Juan CUADRADO (14 Pts)

Assists:
6 Pts
Blocked shots:
2 Pts
Clean Sheet:
1 Pts
Passes completion >80%:
1 Pts
Every 2 balls delivered into penalty area:
1 Pts
Played minutes:
3 Pts

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I had Xavi at 20 points cause he was the captain, switched formations and lost him :(

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Soulex posted:

I had Xavi at 20 points cause he was the captain, switched formations and lost him :(
Should've followed my advice a few posts up!

My team's doing pretty well. Neymar as captain and three Columbians (Guiterrez got a goal, Armero got a goal and a clean sheet, and Aguilas got an assist). De Rossi also got a few points and even my keeper who plays for Ivory Coast got 5. Also got a bunch of decent players who haven't played so lookin' good!

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Picked Casillas as my Goalie, bad call in hindsight :mad:

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I'm enjoying the way they're adding features to the site as the game goes on. What a mess. There was a period yesterday where every time you subbed a player a messagebox would pop up saying "XXX".

Also, Neymar/Muller/Benzema forward line :getin:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Apparently I am third with 51 points in parmoliga

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

not a single goal or assist :cripes:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Pepe subbed out, time for Djamel Mesbah to shine.

Why did I pick Pepe?

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Problems:
The timer on the transfer page says the window opens in 9 days, when the rules page says tomorrow.
Muller is my captain but is currently not receiving double points.
I have joined the TRP league several times, but it doesn't register on my profile.
The TRP league list consists of the same page of people rearranged over three pages.
Above noted issues of substitutions.

Technical flaw: Transfer values don't change, so everyone is going to end up with the same team.
What is the point of having such a big squad when everyone has filled their benches with Iranians?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cause when they get knocked out they won't be available anymore

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

H-Tail posted:

Problems:
The timer on the transfer page says the window opens in 9 days, when the rules page says tomorrow.
you don't get to make transfers during the group stages

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Ah yeah I see that now, I misread it.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Are we supposed to not be able to see the rest of the league yet? I'm on the league list when I look under participants but I can't see it under "My Leagues".

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

Are we supposed to not be able to see the rest of the league yet? I'm on the league list when I look under participants but I can't see it under "My Leagues".
the site seems pretty broken tbh but if I had to guess it'll probably update at the end of round 1 tomorrow

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

but i want to see how badly I'm beating all your butts now!!

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Overall
Points 95
Rank 11397

Still have a few decent players left to play...

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
I maybe seem pretty foolish after the Iran defence came out on top, but actually I have an Iran defender playing :getin:

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
My league seems to just shows leagues that you have created. No, I don't know why that is and it's stupid.

Points updates seem really shakey and I presume they're going to do a big update before closing time on this round. I have jordi alba in who hasn't lost any points for conceding goals even though he should have.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Regretting some of my choices right now guys

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Captain Ronaldo ended up being less valuable than Leighton Baines

Mehrdad Pooladi owns

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, it's a pretty stupid site. I wanted to see my ranking in the Parmos league, but it's just a list of players. Spread out over 3 pages, each numbered 1-20. Weird.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

beedeebee posted:

Yeah, it's a pretty stupid site. I wanted to see my ranking in the Parmos league, but it's just a list of players. Spread out over 3 pages, each numbered 1-20. Weird.

I also think its the same list of players in a different order every time?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah there is no way I am third with 51 points

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Most of the issues with the site appear to have now been fixed although it's still not displaying points in each league yet.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I'm officially retiring from this fantasy game as I believe the substitution rules are silly and the website is amateur hour. I have now unbookmarked this thread. Goodbye.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Duncan Sperguson posted:

I'm officially retiring from this fantasy game as I believe the substitution rules are silly and the website is amateur hour. I have now unbookmarked this thread. Goodbye.
The substitution rules are pretty much the same as the previous Fantasy games - they're just poorly worded and the (admittedly poor) way formations are implemented means you need a little bit more thinking ahead (i.e. you put the players who are going to play first on the left hand side of the screen to enable you to be able to change formation without losing them).

By the way, due to the weird order of the games, we are now in simultaneous Phase 1 and Phase 2 (Bra-Mex counts as the first phase 2 game despite RUS-ROK tonight. If you go to "my team" you can click the link at the top to change between the two and change your phase 2 squad while also keeping your phase 1 squad.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

loving...3 players from Spain...

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Site seems to be up-n-running
Here are the standings as of a few seconds before this post

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
I'm never letting go of top spot sorry you may as well all quit tia

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Manolas 26 points as my captain for Greece :getin:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

This has been a disaster imo.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You can't select new players for the round of 16? Half my defense is already knocked out :confused:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

beedeebee posted:

You can't select new players for the round of 16? Half my defense is already knocked out :confused:

Of course you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

beedeebee posted:

You can select new players up until the next game kicks off, then you can't do it again for the round.

• Locked thread