Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Random Stranger posted:

Microsoft's conference was a dull, flat trip of boredom. You couldn't cringe because you were sleeping.

I'm hoping that EA manages to bring the awfulness.

Morrigan cosplayers on stage to lead into the DA3 trailer. You can make it happen EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Orv posted:

All I need to know is who they transplanted Jennifer Hale's voicebox in.

ME4 just needs to be like Alien: Resurrection, two hundred years later they clone Commander Shepard to tear the galaxy a new rear end in a top hat all over again.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mass Effect: The New Republic Citadel. Choose your favorite race in this story driven MMO.

Features
  • Player Ships - they double as housing!
  • Companion Romance (Gay/Straight/Bi/Technophilia)
  • Choices that matter. Player choices from level 1 carry over through the exciting end game.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

It's going to be really strange if we don't see at least something of Mirror's Edge 2. They announced it last year to great fanfare so not showing it would be a huge mistake on their part. I don't want it to end up being EA's The Last Guardian.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Mirrors Edge 2

Do not betray me Electronic Arts.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be so bad, you guys

So bad

Felicia Day says it's going to be good though?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Mass Effect 4 will be fun if they let me be a vanguard and charge nova mindlessly through the whole thing like Mass Effect 3

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mirror's Edge 2 is about all I need and if DICE is done putting out the fires at Battlefield it would be cool to know they are working on Mirror's Edge.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Can people tell me what was so great about Mirror's Edge? I thought it was a mildly entertaining albeit buggy experience that I don't totally regret spending $5 on during a Steam sale.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

1stGear posted:

I don't want to be excited for Mass Effect 4, but goddammit I am. :negative:

I'm excited as well.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Im literally loving laughing at you if you are in any way excited for a bioware game, whether that game is dragon age or mass effect

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

Can people tell me what was so great about Mirror's Edge? I thought it was a mildly entertaining albeit buggy experience that I don't totally regret spending $5 on during a Steam sale.

It was very pretty, the gameplay was interesting and new, and it started the trend of fuckloads of games having parkour which is way better than lovely crouch jumping from 1995.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Im literally loving laughing at you if you are in any way excited for a bioware game, whether that game is dragon age or mass effect

Kamiya-san is very disappointed in you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm really just here for Sims 4.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I am so excited for the new bioware C&C.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Come on EA, I don't expect poo poo out of you

Just do Mass Effect 4, Mirror's Edge 2, or Star Wars Battlefront, and I won't hate you for another year

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I still remember Good Decent Sorta Okay Bioware and hope that those days will someday return.

I mean, they won't, but here's hoping.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Gamespot stream just showed a shot of the inside of the EA conference hall and they got like circular lunch tables set up and poo poo.

Also he's claiming Mirror's Edge 2 is actually just a Mirror's Edge reboot.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's not a grey first person shooter with a voiceles military white man protagonist.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm really just here for Sims 4.

Please confirm that Create a Style is coming back, EA.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

They're rebooting Mirror's Edge

After 1 loving game

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
In my mind Mirror's Edge was a decent game with some really great ideas that just wasn't taken far enough and in enough interesting directions. It could have an incredible sequel but it will also be extremely easy to gently caress up. It's hard for me to get excited till I see a gameplay demo.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Suspicious Cook posted:

It is a cool game to run through maps as fast as you can in time trials and it had a nice stark aesthetic and it was cool to play a first person game where you don't have to shoot someone you can do like slide kicks and takedowns and stuff.

Mirror's Edge was not a perfect game it had issues but it was still good and interesting mechanically and visually

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So apparently Mirror's Edge 2 is actually just Mirror's Edge and is a reboot of the game after one game. :wtc:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mass Effect that's all I care about. Get the gently caress out of my face if there is no Mass Effect.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be so bad, you guys

So bad
Hoping for a glorious trainwreck, because it would be hilarious.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

SunAndSpring posted:

So apparently Mirror's Edge 2 is actually just Mirror's Edge and is a reboot of the game after one game. :wtc:

What the gently caress

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Policenaut posted:

Mirror's Edge 2: Starring a white guy with a shaved head named Dogma who must use all his brawn and deadly gun precision to defeat a corrupt future Nazi dictatorship with the help of his paraplegic operator Faith. Play online deathmatch with up to 16 players in stunning 792p in up to 6 maps, Capture the Package, Team Deathmatch, and our new DLC mode "Parkour Run" (exclusive on Xbox One)

Don't get cut by the Edge.

You talk about white people a lot

Orv
May 4, 2011

Davincie posted:

I am so excited for the new bioware C&C.

Already canceled.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You talk about white people a lot

It's the baseline these days in games and E3 is when I really start to notice it :(

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
40 minutes of sports, three minutes of Mirrors Edge 2 and Mass Effect 4/Prequel. two minutes of Star Wars, 8 minutes of Dragon Age.

Orv posted:

Already canceled.

Yep, they may re-package what they had as a game but C&C stuff will always be shown at Gamescom due to crazy german fans of the franchise.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 9, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I remember going as fast as I could through a time trial in Mirror's Edge and I hit all the right jumps and wall jumps and I still had a lovely time so I loaded a ghost up and saw how he played it and he was taking crazy shortcuts I didn't even think about that's when I knew that I was looking at the game all wrong and it actually owned.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Mirror's Edge was not a perfect game it had issues but it was still good and interesting mechanically and visually

That's true. I have to admit I am interested in seeing if the sequel can polish up what they started in the first one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

It's the baseline these days and E3 is when I really start to notice it :(

You actually bring up good points. Macho white dude with guns and swords is beyond old at this point. Infamous Second Son gets massive bonus points for its main character being a native american based on a real tribe in Washington state.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
mass effect a new trilogy!!

:suicide:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

You guys don't realize this is the year for nostalgia.

EA's Lineup:

Command and Conquer MOBA
A new Ultima MMO
Sim World
Army of Two remake
Spore crowdfunded with super-massive spaceships planned for 2015 (will launch 2023)
Crysis RPG, maybe some Battlefield DLC.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

mass effect a new trilogy!!

:suicide:

Nevermind this is my new prediction.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Amy Hennig went to EA to write the story for... Battlefront?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

oh cool the new Battlefront is, get this, a remake of Battlefront

marg bar amrika gently caress these remakes and reboots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Atoramos posted:

A new Ultima MMO

EA surprise announcement: we're publishing that Lord British MMO kickstarter game thing.

• Locked thread