Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I dunno, but the experience is kind of like someone doing an audio book, except the book is a comic book and instead of voice acting they are using their very natural squaky voice, read very slowly and stutter a lot, often times not even getting the words/names right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lps are good at night because with the right voice they make me veyr sleepy

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
I only watch day9 now to see him ramble off topic for ten minutes at a time. I could more or less skip the gameplay bits. My friend, on the other hand, can't stand the rambling, and skips to the gameplay.

It's ok to like what you like. Unless, of course, you are posting on the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

i cante read. an autistic child reads the forums to me and transcribes my posts

steph3n hawking reads pos5 to me, its very very disconcertingg . i'm rich ad fuvk. i'm not sure im using words anymore he is not knod and press submit

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Considering 99% of LPs are trash I don't know why anyone would defend them. I like watching some too when I'm stuck at work or dozing off at night but otherwise gently caress listening to some unfunny twat be worse at me at a game.

Maybe that's the problem, a lot of you are really bad at games. Suck less

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I am OK posted:

Many things are actually meaningful and good.

many things are good

nothing is meaningful

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Considering 99% of LPs are trash I don't know why anyone would defend them.

but X and Y are the good ones

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Droid posted:

but X and Y are the good ones

Finding some gold in a pile of poo poo doesn't really make it feel better to be buried in poo poo

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

27 million people subscribe to Pewdiepie to listen to him talk in a little witty baby voice during gaming.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My reasoning for watching streams is because sometimes I don't feel like actually focusing on something like a movie. Streams require less focus. Playing games at the same time I might not be able to pay attention to a movie. And I just like the people I'm watching so it's just guaranteed entertainment without having to search for a movie I may end up not enjoying.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Bacon Drew posted:

My reasoning for watching streams is because sometimes I don't feel like actually focusing on something like a movie. Streams require less focus. Playing games at the same time I might not be able to pay attention to a movie. And I just like the people I'm watching so it's just guaranteed entertainment without having to search for a movie I may end up not enjoying.

You can do other things aside from watch movies.

Tom Foolery
Jul 9, 2011

no seriously
Same reason why people watch other people playing sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Good background noise while working. Entertaining chatter that I can usually follow along with without watching the screen. Same reason I enjoy listening to commentary tracks.

• Locked thread