Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Can anyone who got this yet play and confirm is worth 600$ + investment in a ps4? Is it Demons Souls level of game of the decade/half decade or is it Dark Souls 2?

I'm loving it and I bought a PS4 a long time ago for this game. The interconnectedness of the world is really Dark Souls 1 like, opening shortcuts back and to new areas all the loving time, it's great. Its loving hard too, I've been fighting the 3rd boss for like 2 hours now, still getting wrecked :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My only concern is the central hub. Does going back to that disturb the flow of the game or does it feel fairly seamless? I never played Demon's Souls so I don't have a point of comparison.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

poptart_fairy posted:

My only concern is the central hub. Does going back to that disturb the flow of the game or does it feel fairly seamless? I never played Demon's Souls so I don't have a point of comparison.

It seems pretty similar to Demons' Souls from what I gather, where you only really started in it, then after you killed a boss, that would open a landmark in their arena where you could warp back to the Nexus if you were in need of supplies, etc. or just continue on.

Demons' Souls was paced pretty well, all things considered.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

poptart_fairy posted:

I dont think so. Aside from the loading times which are kind of annoying. I don't head there too much unless I need to level up, since getting around is pretty quick now. And the hub is a nice little reprieve from all the screaming and blood and poo poo.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Looks to be a mixture. The hub lets you transport to checkpoints of a sort, but the areas you visit are wide and full of shortcuts and hidden paths. There's a couple of streams happening on twitch and hitbox which seem to have just started so if you don't mind spoiling yourself a little you can get an idea on what you'll be looking at.

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
All downloaded, updated and ready to go. Commmmmmme on midnight.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
OK, that sounds reassuring then, thanks guys. :)

And goddammit, I can see a stack of BB in my local store but the guy just keeps repeating his standard sales line of it being released on the 27th. :argh:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Think its possible I can grab this from a place like Walmart today with some bullshit lie? "Oh I called Customer Service earlier and they said they had a copy for me to pick up"

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Fat_Cow posted:

Think its possible I can grab this from a place like Walmart today with some bullshit lie? "Oh I called Customer Service earlier and they said they had a copy for me to pick up"

No, the register won't allow the item to be purchased and there's no override.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

poptart_fairy posted:

OK, that sounds reassuring then, thanks guys. :)

And goddammit, I can see a stack of BB in my local store but the guy just keeps repeating his standard sales line of it being released on the 27th. :argh:

Yeah I went buy Best Buy last night and they already had them all, sitting there, mocking me.

drat, I can't wait til tomorrow morning.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the one hand, I'm kind of regretting ordering a physical copy from Amazon because, even though I'll get it on release day, I won't get to play until it gets delivered.

On the other hand, that's probably for the best, because it'll be delivered by the time I'm home from work, and now I'm not tempted to call in sick to play all day.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So which weapon most crushes noobs in invasions? Tell me it's the giant hammer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guys is bloodborne worth 400 dollars? What about 600 or 1000? Can i get pc load times and framerates if i glue my titan card to the ps4 and name my psn account gaben rulez? Normally i dont lower myself to filthy sexhaver games and platforms.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do the disk and digital versions both total up to the same 27 gig install size that the PSN store shows the digital version download as being?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aurain posted:

Do the disk and digital versions both total up to the same 27 gig install size that the PSN store shows the digital version download as being?

Yes there is no difference

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Aurain posted:

Everyone is playing the same game here - I guess I don't understand what you're looking for? Difference in disk space isn't gonna change. My NA PSN Bloodborne install will use the same amount of disk space as your NA Bluray Bloodborne install. PS4 games don't stream from discs; it's simply used as an install source and a form of DRM when starting a disc-based game, nothing more.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Can anyone who got this yet play and confirm is worth 600$ + investment in a ps4? Is it Demons Souls level of game of the decade/half decade or is it Dark Souls 2?
Why do people say this like DS2 wasn't loving awesome

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gimp Fack posted:

Everyone is playing the same game here - I guess I don't understand what you're looking for? Difference in disk space isn't gonna change. My NA PSN Bloodborne install will use the same amount of disk space as your NA Bluray Bloodborne install. PS4 games don't stream from discs; it's simply used as an install source and a form of DRM when starting a disc-based game, nothing more.

Yeah, I thought as much but it wasn't an answer I could give someone 100% definitively but it's an answer someone wanted. Thanks to you and Real hurthling! for answering.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Has anyone found the Stake Driver weapon yet? I'm curious what the move set is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Move to the release day thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708107

• Locked thread