Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I am thinking it is all private viewings for the press. So far I know Kotaku and Fextralife are both getting an hour.
But I am looking for any other signs that they might let us plebs take a peek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm kinda hoping that the dude took the dog corpse to augment special dog powers to his body. I'd love a souls type game where you could switch out your own parts and have an array of abilities to get past a barrier.

Like you turn into a wererhino and charge past a bunch of dudes giving no fucks but you have to remember to at least give one gently caress or the giant spider that's hiding in the cavern is gonna pop up at the end and eat you.

also weretyrannosaurusrex is DLC

He can actually smell crime.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

Is this going to be something we can stream or are we just going to get some press blurbs about it? I wanna see gameplay!

Quote from the CGI trailer's description on YouTube (official Sony YouTube channel, of course):

quote:

We know that PlayStation fans have a ton of questions — I sure do! We hope to have some answers for you later this week as more of the game is shown, so stay tuned to PlayStation Blog.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
2/4chan translations of Famitsu stuff (consider this about as valid as the reddit rumor):

quote:

>・基本的にはソウルシリーズの外伝、パラレルワールド的な世界の話だと思っていい
Game is basically a side story to the Souls series. Think of it as a parallel world
>・銃や弓、ボウガンなどの遠距離攻撃にも日を当てたい、もちろん剣やハンマーの類も登場する
Guns, bows, bowguns, and all sorts of other long range weapons will be in the game, and of course close ranged weapons like hammers and swords.
>・ソウルシリーズはハイファンタジーの世界だったが、今作はロウファンタジーを基盤にしている
Souls series was a world of high fantasy. This game is a setting of low fantasy
>・ソウルシリーズで好評だった白協力や侵入は続投、しかし全く異なるプレイ感覚となる
The white phantom co-op and invasions that the souls series is known for is thrown away, however there will be a completely different play sensation (with the new online system they are implementing)

quote:

>>247524374
>>・ソウルシリーズで好評だった白協力や侵入は続投、しかし全く異なるプレイ感覚となる
>The white phantom co-op and invasions that the souls series is known for is thrown away, however there will be a completely different play sensation (with the new online system they are implementing)

But that's wrong. It's saying that the coop and invasions are still there.

quote:

>>247524858
Yeah you are completely right, I misread the 続投 completely. Thanks for correcting. I should probably go to sleep

Some other really interesting stuff if you want to translate.
>・基本的には銃がメインウェポンとなるが、モノによっては扱いずらいものが多いため「いかに近接武器で牽制し、銃弾を放つか」が重要になる
>・ただ近接武器もメインウェポンとなりうる性能を持つものもある
>・リアル感を向上させるために、魔法などのファンタジー要素は極力薄くした。しかしそれに代わる小型兵器を多く登場させる
(投げると光を放つ閃光弾や、軽く爆発して四方にダメージを与える炸裂弾などを考えている)
>・主人公は血を求め各地を彷徨うので、HPが減る=血を多く流すと能力が落ちたりアクションが変化したりする
>・アイテムや死体からの吸血でHP回復など様々な効果を得られるが、吸いすぎるとやがて獣化し、アクションが大きく変化する。しかし基本的には人間時よりも扱いづらく、この状態が実質ハードモード的な扱いになるかもしれない
>・獣化を元に戻すためには人間の血液が必要となる。ここらへんがオンライン要素の要になるが、今は詳しく言えない

This basically talks about weapons and the blood mechanics. In short:
>your abilities will go down if you lose a lot of blood
>you can recover HP by sucking blood (from items or corpses)
>however sucking too much blood turns you into a beast
>when you became a beast the way you play changes, however playing becomes a lot harder and you could even call it hard mode
>to return back to human you will need human blood, and this is where the online component comes into play

interesting stuff. Basically beast mode is now hollow/soul form

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

He can actually smell crime.

Looking forward to a large nose shaped helm item.

edit: I like the sound of that healing change, having actual use of healing items affect your status like that seems like a nice progression from what they've been working through on the Souls series.

As well as it sounding like becoming human again requires you to do/is easier/more plentiful in pvp.

Stux fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 10, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That whole blood system reminds me of Shadow Tower Abyss's durability system, where you can sacrifice HP to repair items, or break down items to restore HP, as well as selling them to buy potions and poo poo. Love that kind of stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hm, sounds like the online has a big focus on hunting other players. Maybe this means the PvP will actually be balan- hahahaha no.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Screenshots from the PS@E3 app.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't think those are screenshots, looks like artwork to me.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Those are just the opening shots from the cinematic trailer we saw yesterday.

Octo1
May 7, 2009
I hope Marvelous Chester shows up in this.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Octo1 posted:

I hope Marvelous Chester shows up in this.

This game exists only to explain his character, no other relation to Dark Souls is at all included, and no mysteries are ultimately explained.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Here's hoping for trusting Patches being the only way to finish the game after he actually helps you this time. :shepface:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

ps people who don't tag their twitter posts should be fired

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

turtlecrunch posted:

I am thinking it is all private viewings for the press. So far I know Kotaku and Fextralife are both getting an hour.
But I am looking for any other signs that they might let us plebs take a peek.
Fextralife is a press site? What the gently caress?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
New Playstation Blog entry about Bloodborne

quote:

Bloodborne takes place in an ancient, forgotten city called Yharnam, known for an old medical remedy. Over the years, many hopeless and afflicted people have made long pilgrimages to Yharnam in search of help. As the main character, you are one of these travelers. However, you find that Yharnam is also cursed with a horrible endemic illness. You must navigate the perilous streets of this city, fighting off nightmarish creatures, malformed beasts and deranged mobs stricken with this horrific illness. Face your fears as you discover the secrets and mysteries of this dark and horrific world where danger, death and madness lurk around every corner.

In Bloodborne, the combat is based on intense life-threatening battles. One of the ways we are bringing that sense of danger to life is by keeping the deep strategic elements from Demon’s Souls, while also transitioning from the passive and block-and-attack style of Demon’s Souls to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns.

From the beautiful and melancholic architecture to the debris lining the street, Bloodborne will deliver an extremely rich and detailed world, all thanks to the power of the PlayStation 4 system. In addition, the PS4 system has allowed us to have an expanded draw distance, so we can show more of the world at any one time. New lighting effects allow us to add more atmosphere and tension to the game, making the horrifyingly detailed beasts and giant boss enemies you’ll be facing even more frightening.

I hope to be able to share more about our online features later this year, but I can say that we are developing new kinds of online experiences that allow users to share their adventures. We also look forward to giving fans new ways of playing and sharing thanks via the PS4 system’s Share capabilities.

Special message from Director Hidetaka Miyazaki:
“Creating Bloodborne as a completely new game on the new PlayStation 4 hardware has allowed us to really push the envelope in myriad ways. That being said, in more ways than one, it also very much retains our distinct, signature style. As has been at the core of our development philosophy since Demon’s Souls, we make true games for people who love games. Please watch for more to come on Bloodborne, and thank you very much for your support.”

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
pics from blog and twitter

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 10, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dear lord I need this game now!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
a quicker, more offensive and active combat style is everything I've ever wanted out souls

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

EU blog has a few additional shots:

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I hope Sony is going to sell a not unhealthy number of PS4's because of this.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

Dear lord I need this game now!

You also need a shave.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This is the Nightmare Creatures sequel I always wanted!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Updated OP with the blog post and new pics.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I hope there are some brighter areas as well. The contrast between places like Blighttown and Anor Londo and Majula and Rat kingdom etc were cool.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The real beast souls starts here :getin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

pics from blog and twitter

Oh my drat, that crucified burning werewolf...

This is going to be amazing.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
nm

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 10, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

You got my hopes up :(

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

That's um... the DS rip off. Lord of the Fallen I believe it's called.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

This is Lords of the Fallen or Evil Within, one of those

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's another Namco game that's aiming to be the next Dark Souls. I forget it's name, though.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Sorry, twitter tricked me. :(

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 10, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jerkface posted:

Lords of the Fallen

That's the one, I'm pretty sure. Evil Within is the new Resident Evil from Bethesda.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Are all the bonfires going to have giant loving werewolfs on them then :aaa:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

turtlecrunch posted:

Sorry, twitter tricked me. :(
It looked like a really casul version of a Souls game; then again, I may eat my words when I rent it or something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Well I guess I'm buying a PS4 at some point.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I try to pay back with a few more tidbits about the real demo, though the person he chose to answer asked a dumb question.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Gazaar posted:

I hope Sony is going to sell a not unhealthy number of PS4's because of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

I'm planning on keeping mine in a closet so nobody knows I have been ruthlessly manipulated away from the True and Glorious Path of the PC Master Race.

TerminalBlue fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I wonder if it's gonna have items in it like dark souls or if it'll use a system more like darksiders where you're stuck as the same dude with set other items.

• Locked thread