Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

A more complicated dodging system would be nice.

Out of curiosity, how would you make it more complicated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I dunno, add more than just a roll, like a sidestep to get around to their back if you time it right, maybe make it so enemies would stumble a bit or fall down if you had frame perfect dodge timing or something.

So sort of like a parry equivalent for dodging? Maybe it's just because I'm an Arkham fanatic but I'd love the option for more acrobatic dodges with investment in certain stats. I'd love to be able to bust out goofy cartwheels over charging enemies, stuff like that.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Do remember that that's likely not intentional. True Allant, sure, although it's pretty clear False Allant is the de facto final boss. But Gwyn was very much meant to be a challenging boss and they did not realize they had designed him pretty poorly.

Nashandra is likely meant to be challenging too, given that she does a lot of damage when she hits; it more that she almost never does hit. There's also no real narrative reason for her to be weak, it's just bad boss design.

Ehhh I don't get the hate for Gwyn. He gave me way more trouble than Ornstein and Smough, and one of my favorite moments out of my playthrough of DS1 is when I walked through the fog gate, saw him do his crazy jump attack and somehow parried the dude.

I didn't beat him until I cheesed him with those pillars in the middle of the Kiln though, so maybe you have a point. :v:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

:siren: Since it's March it's probably okay to start collecting PSN IDs, so post em if you got em. :siren:

HaitianDivorce94 here.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I have 5 cases of Mountain Dew and quit my job.

I am prepared

Where are your cheetos mister?

• Locked thread