Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not too worried about it, but the only thing I'm dying to know is that it will have the same level of (or more!) exploration than Souls. I'm guessing it will. The reveal was so cinematic it almost feels like it could be more of an action game, but I really doubt it will stray too far from Souls considering the leaked gameplay.

Either way. it's my most anticipated game despite the tiny amount of info we currently have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

The reddit thing is almost certainly fake. I can't seem to find the original source for it. Here.

It also doesn't really match gothic survival/fight for your life themes, imo. But not enough is really known about the gameplay yet.

Why do you say that there is a fight for your life theme when the dude in the trailer seems full on badass and he's loving everyone up?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is this going to be something we can stream or are we just going to get some press blurbs about it? I wanna see gameplay!

E:

turtlecrunch posted:

Based on the translation of highlights of Famitsu coverage and the cramped space implied by it being set in a city. It's just a feeling, not a fact.

Ah. I see what your saying.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 10, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

pics from blog and twitter

Oh my drat, that crucified burning werewolf...

This is going to be amazing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love how ecstatic the press seems to be about this. There seems to be this level of excitement that's pretty out of the ordinary.

I know we know barely know anything about the game, but I am already 5 times more pumped than this than I was for Dark Souls 2 and I love DS2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I lock on 80% of the time because I find DS lock on system really comfortable. I frequently turn it off when I think it will be more effective though.

In actual BloodBorne related chat, I am really digging that it looks like they panned the camera in a little closer to the player character. I've always been a fan of a closer up view. It looks cool and creates for a more claustrophobic atmosphere. Another thing about this game that reminds me of RE4 (in a good way).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know if they would necessarily like it. I loved AC on PSX too, but For Answer's gameplay seemed really dated. personally I thought the game kind of sucked. From may have struck gold with the Souls formula but they also recently made that Kinect Steel Battalion game amongst some other questionable titles. It's not like everything they do is amazingly good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bovineicide posted:

What's the timestamp for this? Also, which day?

Yeah if someone could link this I'd like to watch it too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

It's great to see creative Fromsoft monsters again after some of the poo poo that was in Dark Souls II.

Whatever man. Dark Souls 2 has some really cool monsters. Demon of Song was awesome.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Probably because the trailer isn't representative of the current state of the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

randombattle posted:

Like this has ever stopped anyone ever?

I meant in a bad way. Don't get me wrong the trailer is great, but the tiny bit we got to see of the current build shows that the game will probably look quite a bit better than that trailer graphically. Why would they want to show off an inferior build?

Edit:Obviously aside from the frame rate which I'm not worried about at all personally. You can see in that 50 second gameplay demo that they have implemented a more modern lighting system amongst other things that aren't represented in the leaked trailer. I think they were trying to pull it down because they want to showcase the game to the public at it's best and that trailer is a year old.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 14, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stux posted:

I think you're probably misremembering, because DS1 is full of a poo poo ton of humanoid enemies that fight like humanoids. Every single area is full of them, even the weirder areas like painted world. If anything I felt that DS2 avoided repeating identical enemies in areas compared to DS1, because they would make new humanoids for the areas rather than just using generic ones like in DS1.

This is true. I'd argue that Dark Souls was a better game than it's sequel because it felt more inspired, the world was more coherent, and the lore was more interesting. But people seem to put the first game on a pedestal so much that I don't even know if they are remembering the right game.

Despite it's faults DS2 actually seemed to have more variety gameplay wise. I don't know how anyone forgot that most of the enemies were copy/paste angry villagers or menacing knights in the first game. more so than DS2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm glad they removed the lightning engine before release. Turning every dark area into Tomb of the Giants would have just added an extra layer of tedious bullshit, plus torches weren't exactly abundant at the beginning of the game. I think Huntsman's Copse was much better in the full game than it was in the network test.

You might be disappointed with Bloodborne then because the press has been saying it's loaded with pitch black areas that you need a torch to light up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never thought the Anor Londo Demons were out of place. They are living gargoyles in a place that would be full of gargoyles. They are even placed on the edges of roofs like real gargoyles would be, except that they are alive and can kill you. They fit perfectly in that area.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

prepew di pie

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Isn't beast mode supposed to be a bad thing though?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The enemies turn into the Seattle Seahawks defense.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

Added the last part of the translated interview to this post - some discussion of B Team, From Software as a whole, and how SCE wanted Demon's Souls to be like Oblivion. :D

My favorite thing is that he talks about why the difficulty is necessary and focuses on why making it better instead of harder is important. Every interview I have seen with him would indicate that he doesn't get off on the "It's so hard prepare to die!" marketing gimmick the Souls series has been using and that he just wants to make good games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah let's talk about soul memory! I'm sure this great conversation will get even better if we talk about that!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If the previous games are any indication I don't think we have to worry about environmental variety.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People talking about fps in video games is seriously the most endless and insufferable thing ever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry that wasn't meant to call you or anything, it's just crazy how much people constantly flip out about fps and resolution etc. Souls has always been wonky as hell but it's still the funnest series out there despite whatever technological short comings it has. Crappy frame rate never ruined it for me personally. Personally Idgaf if bloodborne comes out and it's not silky smooth. I'd rather just play a fun game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

e2: lol Maiden in Black VA

Haha. Yeah that kind of surprised me.

Looks like it's had a decent graphical upgrade since the leaked trailer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

That's... some gameplay I guess.

Kills one villager enemy and goes up a ladder. You saw it here first people!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fargin Icehole posted:

Bring back sheaths. There, i said it.

Hell yeah. There is something weirdly awesome about loading your dude up with custom stuff and being able to see it. I ran around demons and dark souls with arrows and bolts equipped for no reason other than my enjoyment of having crap hanging off my belt.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not sure why that "hands on" video says it looks about as good as any other Souls game. Everything I've seen looks like a massive graphical improvement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Souls game aren't like Castlevania or Zelda games. Those comparisons have always seemed pretty knee jerk to me. I can see loads of Castlevania influence but I would never think "hey you liked order of ecclesia? Try this".

I think the Castlevania comparison is fair. It's not the same game but the series delivers a lot of things that people would have wanted out of a 3D castlevania if Capcom ever tried to do it right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

P.S. : Bloodborne has the worst Japanese cover of all the Souls series. :smith:

It sucks that Souls related covers are devolving into COD territory at this point. Go re-hire the guy who made the original Demon's Souls cover.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beard Yawn posted:

The steelbook for DS2 was nice. :shobon:

Meh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

neetengie posted:

It's mirrored Elite Knight Armor.

I was just about to call you crazy and then I looked at it again and you are totally right. I literally never realized that because it looks so beefed up and stylized in this way that looks nothing like anything from the game.

Anyways. Terrible cover that was probably whipped up by some marketing firm that had minimal knowledge of the game. Seems like the case with most games. Movies are just as bad. They always seem to ditch really cool promo poster designs in favor of letting some guy who is using photoshop for the first time design the DVD cover because "this is what sells" or whatever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really, why would you want to gently caress with perfection though?

USA game covers forever! Why would anyone buy a game that doesn't have some beefy looking dingleberry looking tough on the cover?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo that's amazing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also it seems that people will go through hoops these days to play demos and play them 50 times over if you call them "alpha or beta". It makes people feel special.

Edit: there probably is actually some level of testing though. I think the DaS 2 beta was mostly testing network stuff. The game seemed pretty finished.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 16, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I have alpha demo codes. Send me ur dick pics and I'll think about giving you them.

If you actually have codes I'll send you a pic a dick much nicer than mine for one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is this whole stream just the demo content again? Just tuned in about 5 minutes ago and it seems like the same thing.

Edit: Holy gently caress that girls anime voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are playing with plague doctor right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok, that rules.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I watching the trailer wrong or do they blow the bosses head off into a disgusting pile of gore just to piss it off more because holy poo poo that's amazingly gross and awesome looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nope it's $79.99. Kind of a rip off but I'll probably buy it cause I love giving From money and I've got every special edition since Demon's on my shelf next to each other (except that one with the ugly statue).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/bloodbornes-western-release-date-confirmed-special-edition-revealed

quote:

The Collector’s Edition is admittedly modest compared to many of Sony’s triple-A, first party special editions. The Bloodborne Collector’s Edition includes a steelbook game case, an art book, and a digital soundtrack. It’ll cost $79.99, and can be pre-ordered now.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 18, 2014

• Locked thread