Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes
Jun 18, 2003

InFlames235 posted:

Going where no goon has gone before: away from my couch.

Eh, I went skydiving last year =D... Tell me you're doing the Accelerated Free Fall (AFF)??? You take a 6 hour training course before you jump, then you get to jump out on your own the first time. I did this and highly recommend it. Either way it's awesome and something I'd recommend to anyone. You'll love it. Have fun.

E: When you get there either way you have to fill out this huge packet and on every page it says "You can literally die from this, and you can't sue us..." and you have to sign every page lol. Don't worry though, you get 2 shoots, each independently packed at separate locations with a 99%+ success rate. Thus, the odds of both of them failing are VERY slim. If you die, it won't be from your shoots failing, it'll be from you being a retard, which is natural selection anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

InFlames235 posted:

Glad to hear you had a good time and didn't die i hope to have a similar experience

You're not going to die... Especially if you go tandem. One thing I learned doing the 6 hour course before hand was that plane after plane of at least 15-20 ppl were going up ALL day, like every 20 minutes, and NO ONE died, etc. ONE person ALL day had to simply pull their reserve and it was a tandem instructor, which landed just fine. I literally saw hundreds of people jump without issue before I even went up on the plane, and that was just from the one day I was there (and they do it every drat day).

Like I said earlier, the odds of both of your independently packed shoots failing is like winning the lotto, in which case it's just your time to die. If you're going tandem you don't even have to worry about checking the shoot for issues, he'll do it for you.

• Locked thread