Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stream: Nintendo || Twitch || Gamespot

Schedule:

12:00 PM ET (9:00 AM PT)

Nintendo E3 Digital Event

Following the Event
The Nintendo Minute @ E3

2:35 PM ET - 7:00 PM ET (11:35 AM PT - 4:00 PM PT)
Nintendo Treehouse: Live Gameplay Demos & Interviews from the Nintendo Booth

7:00 PM ET (4:00 PM PT)
Super Smash Bros U Invitational Tournament

Pictured here: Reggie Fils-Aime asked if Nintendo will ever register downloads to accounts rather than device

Rundown: E3's equivalent of a tree falling in the middle of the forest, Nintendo's digital event will be pre-prepared, it may or may not star Satoru Iwata (who was not healthy enough to attend E3 this year), and its contents are incredibly mysterious. Not mysterious in a good way, because last year Nintendo brought table scraps to E3 and got mad that people weren't impressed. It's more mysterious in a "oh boy, do they have 3 games in development or 4? Which of those is being wasted on a Skylanders ripoff?" sort of way.

Unlike last year, when Nintendo poked their head out of their hole, whispered "mario 3d world" and then disappeared for the rest of the convention, Nintendo is actually making themselves accessible to the public in a much larger way this year, as they're streaming all 3 days that the show floor is open, from open until close, a combined 24 live hours of streaming across 3 days. They claim to be streaming gameplay demos and interviews with developers. Siliconera reported Miyamoto will bring two unannounced projects to the Treehouse stream (although they may only be unannounced until the Digital Event).

Most Nintendo fans and consumers on the fence are waiting to see more of Smash Bros: a release date, the characters and stages, and we will probably get more info today, but the Smash Bros Tournament will be our first real exposure to how the game plays. It is Nintendo's olive branch to the competitive gaming community (snort), although if the pro gamers start making rape jokes and shouting gently caress a lot, Nintendo will likely impale the community on that branch. By the way? Geoff Keighley is hosting the tournament. You can't escape him.

What We Know: Pushmo World on June 19th, Smash Bros 3DS was on track for "Summer" and Wii U for "Winter", Pokemon iterations were set for late fall, Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton is "2014", Hyrule Warriors is a Zelda/Dynasty Warriors mashup releasing in Japan in late Summer. Release dates unknown: X, Bayonetta 2, SMT vs Fire Emblem. Nintendo DS and N64 are coming to Wii U Virtual Console at some point, and Capcom announced yesterday that a bunch of Mega Man games are coming to VC including Megaman Zero, Megaman 7, and Megaman X3. DLC for Mario Kart seems likely. Nintendo is planning something with NFC toys. The possibility of a 2015 Zelda reveal has been teased, as well as a new project from the Mario Galaxy team.

Rumors: Two photos leaked, one of which was a highly dubious hand holding a printout showing games like "Zelda: Unbound King", another of which seemed to come from inside the Nintendo booth and showed a "Mario Maker" app for designing Mario levels, which has now run on enough sites to at least qualify as a non-zero percent chance of being real.

NOTE: If you think you're the first person to come up with the amazing idea that Nintendo needs to make a cell phone with a Pokemon MMO and make Mario for Xbox, we've got just the thread for you and you can read that exact argument 2,000 times. That said, no holding back, rip the poo poo out of Nintendo in this thread (I do it all the time), hug the poo poo out of Nintendo in this thread (I do it all the time in secret), I don't care, but try to stick to what Nintendo is and isn't showing at E3.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't have high hopes for this event. I think this is Nintendo's last chance to sell people on the Wii U and it simply isn't going to happen. Nintendo doesn't have the means to pull out big surprises like Microsoft and Sony do and supposedly their Digital Event is only 30 minutes long, so i'm not expecting anything we haven't already heard about.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nintendo is going to win E3.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All I want is Metroid Other M 2, Nintendo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I don't have high hopes for this event. I think this is Nintendo's last chance to sell people on the Wii U and it simply isn't going to happen. Nintendo doesn't have the means to pull out big surprises like Microsoft and Sony do and supposedly their Digital Event is only 30 minutes long, so i'm not expecting anything we haven't already heard about.
I'm not expecting anything new because they have yet to reveal release dates for Bayonetta 2, X, and Hyrule Warriors, and they'll want to talk about each of those games. Add in Zelda 2015 and that's already like 15 minutes right there. 30 minutes is really really short for a presentation unless they're going to going for a speedrun and only showing 10 seconds of each game.

But Nintendo has sometimes spent Directs talking about games that ALREADY CAME OUT, so I'm not optimistic. Last year most of their E3 presentation was spent on projects we already knew about but just not in full detail.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I just one one thing I'm not expecting. One Pilotwings, Metroid or F-Zero.

Please.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I don't know what I want from Nintendo but I will probably like it anyway.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Beef Waifu posted:

All I want is Metroid Other M 2, Nintendo.

Please dont say things you cant take back.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is the year Waluigi gets his own game, have faith.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Star Fox leaked by TIME hahaha

http://time.com/2850146/shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-interview/

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Nintendo has a lot of problems but they still kinda own and Mario Kart is really fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neat

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

In recent years Nintendo's been stretching for more distant titles to announce so I'll say that there's going to be one big game announced, probably from Retro studios, that won't be released until late 2015. That and Mario Maker are going to be it for new things from Nintendo in the direct.

Edit: Is Retro developing Star Fox? If so, I totally called it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm gonna be honest, as long as I see a new Zelda I'm gonna be hyped as gently caress. I know it's sad but I can't help it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this a whole new Star Fox game?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
New Star Fox?!? they aregoing to win E3.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It will really be something if they spend the entire time giving updates on X, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, and Smash and don't announce anything new. I have strong suspicions that they're doing the Hyrule Warriors thing because they have nothing else to show on the Zelda front - otherwise it feels weird / bad for marketing to have two 3D Zeldas in development?

edit: ah whoops apparently a new star fox leaked at the same time I pressed 'Post' haha

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 10, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Exclusive Wii U game shown after Digital Event ends, on IGN stream

quote:

Watch Nintendo's E3 Digital Event on IGN. Stay for the post show, where Nintendo will show an exclusive Wii U game. http://www.ign.com/events/e3

https://twitter.com/jose_otero/status/476358200975835136

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

New Star Fox?!? they aregoing to win E3.

I skimmed the article before it was removed, and yeah it sounds pretty clear to me anyways that this is an entirely new Star Fox game.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm gonna be honest, as long as I see a new Zelda I'm gonna be hyped as gently caress. I know it's sad but I can't help it.

If they come out with Metroid Prime 2, new Zelda, and that new Star Fox from earlier, then yeah, I'd say they won E3, and the WiiU will be worth it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Troy Baker is going to be the special guest for the post Nintendo IGN stream. SO I think we can safely say Joel is a lock for Smash.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm positive a new Zelda will be announced and probably a remaster of Majora as well (and my 3DS just got stolen :negative: )

Buzzman
Feb 21, 2011

Rookersh posted:

If they come out with Metroid Prime 2, new Zelda, and that new Star Fox from earlier, then yeah, I'd say they won E3, and the WiiU will be worth it.

Oh boy do I have something for you!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

New :worship: advance wars :worship: :pray:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Ha, I bet someone got a major rear end chewing for putting that article up early. The new Star Fox does sound neat, though.

I've been sick of nintendo's schtick for years but I feel if they are ever going to make a splash it would be this year. They have to find a way to generate some buzz for the Wii U.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Buzzman posted:

Oh boy do I have something for you!

Echoes was loving terrible and had nothing to do with the MP1/3 plot. So far we only have Metroid Prime 1, and Metroid Prime 3. They need to make a 2nd game. :colbert:

Also you know what I meant.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
when do we get Super Smash Kart.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Davincie posted:

New :worship: advance wars :worship: :pray:

Sorry for doubleposting but I didn't see this. If they announce a new Advance Wars I'd buy the system tomorrow.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

God I hope they do a new Metroid, but not by team ninja and Sakamoto.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Also Super Smash Party and Super Smash Golf.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Whole Nintendo schedule for E3, including the digital event, the treehouse livestreams (developer's interviews and demos), smash invitationals and Press Meets.

From Neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115418665&postcount=269

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Ha, I bet someone got a major rear end chewing for putting that article up early. The new Star Fox does sound neat, though.

I've been sick of nintendo's schtick for years but I feel if they are ever going to make a splash it would be this year. They have to find a way to generate some buzz for the Wii U.

It was Time magazine, they don't focus on games so they don't know better. They were probably told to just publish the article today, but not at a certain time. In fact the article was probably uploaded into their database with a set time to automatically go up on their website and that's what happened. That's been my experience when writing for gaming sites.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Please, Nintendo, please open your presser with "They see me rollin...."

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ladyboy pancake posted:

Also Super Smash Party and Super Smash Golf.

Dont forget Smashemon where you capture and battle with your favorite gaming stars!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Team Ninja should probably get a second chance at a Metroid game, because let's be honest that last one was not even remotely their fault.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

You said at the event that all of these games might be related. In what way? As part of a single Star Fox game? Or as something more multiform and arcade-like, like Nintendo Land?

Honestly I don’t have a clear idea myself yet, but one thing I’m thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess I’d describe this new approach as something that’s more like a TV series for Star Fox.

Weird to see Nintendo hop on this model but if it gets us more star fox I'll be so pleased.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Super Smashimal Crossing.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

PantsBandit posted:

Please, Nintendo, please open your presser with "They see me rollin...."
They probably had the entire presentation shot, edited and finished up before the whole Luigi death stare thing started to blow up so I'd say that chances are low on that.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Star Fox 64 is unironically one of my favorite games of all times and this owns. Fuckin' finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I said come in! posted:

It was Time magazine, they don't focus on games so they don't know better. They were probably told to just publish the article today, but not at a certain time. In fact the article was probably uploaded into their database with a set time to automatically go up on their website and that's what happened. That's been my experience when writing for gaming sites.

Yeah, The time said 10:00, they probably set it for EST, when they should have set it for 10:00 PST

• Locked thread