Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
aside from Super Smash Everything, I'm holdin out for EarthBound Trilogy Remastered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm not sure the Star Fox game is going to be shown on the Direct actually, they did say Miyamato would present his new projects during the treehouse segments.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
I just want an NA release for Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS. That's literally all I want. C'mon Nintendo, I know you can do it.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

I'm not sure the Star Fox game is going to be shown on the Direct actually, they did say Miyamato would present his new projects during the treehouse segments.
Not even Nintendo would be THAT stupid as regards their marketing strategy, would they? :ohdear:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

All we need is a close release date schedule of X, Bayonetta, and Smash and they've nailed this poo poo. With almost everything else not coming til 2015 this could be a huge coup.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PrBacterio posted:

Not even Nintendo would be THAT stupid as regards their marketing strategy, would they? :ohdear:

Well, we already know that one new Wii U game will be unveiled after the Direct exclusively to IGN so...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Star Fox 64 is unironically one of my favorite games of all times and this owns. Fuckin' finally.

gently caress yeah :hfive:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Well, we already know that one new Wii U game will be unveiled after the Direct exclusively to IGN so...
I think they meant "a game exclusively for Wii U", but who knows.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Come onnnnn let's go new IPs.

psychoJ posted:

I just want an NA release for Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS. That's literally all I want. C'mon Nintendo, I know you can do it.

WHAT UP MY BROTHER!

ladyboy pancake posted:

when do we get Super Smash Kart.

Aw yea look at this realtalk right here. After playing Sonic Transformed I'm just really bored with straight up vanilla Mario Kart and I want to see that new blood injected.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Link ride Epona or a train-car

Samus cruises around in a mini-gunship

Lucas rides on Mr Saturns Coffee Table.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ladyboy pancake posted:

Link ride Epona or a train-car

Ahaha I'm just imagining going airborn with Epona and her legs folding back into jet engines.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

PrBacterio posted:

Did you see the article? They have barely started development on it.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I said come in! posted:

It was Time magazine, they don't focus on games so they don't know better. They were probably told to just publish the article today, but not at a certain time. In fact the article was probably uploaded into their database with a set time to automatically go up on their website and that's what happened. That's been my experience when writing for gaming sites.

Oh yeah, I'm sure of it. I write for an r/c e-zine and when I submit a piece it goes "into the hopper" with a set publish date and time....but seeing as sites are now reporting the "leak", yeah I bet Nintendo isn't the happiest. Oh well though. Hey, at least it sounds interesting.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

psychoJ posted:

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ike and Marth don't get karts because they live in the past like little bitches.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

ladyboy pancake posted:

aside from Super Smash Everything, I'm holdin out for EarthBound Trilogy Remastered.

Well considering we literally just (barely) got a re-release for the one Mother game that did come to NA I wouldn't hold your breath.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Maybe we'll get a new Advanced Wars, Nintendo will buy the rights to Castlevania, replace the boring Bayonetta 2 with Metal Gear Rising 2 and announce a new IP!

If even one of those things happen it'll still probably end up being better then the rest of e3.

ladyboy pancake posted:

Ike and Marth don't get karts because they live in the past like little bitches.

SMTxFE is a leadup to Fire Emblem 15, featuring guns and steam powered horses.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope that Konami announces a Castlevania Judgment 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

I hope that Konami announces a Castlevania Judgment 2.

Why would you say such hurtful things? :(

Come home, Castlevania. We miss you.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
At least it'd have good music.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

Why would you say such hurtful things? :(

Come home, Castlevania. We miss you.

Castlevania Judgment is my favorite lovely fighting game ever made and I laugh every time I play it. Everything about it is so terrible aside from the music, even the voice acting is bad. I honestly want them to take another serious shot at it, not because I want it to be better, but because I want to see if they can make it worse.

Anatharon posted:

At least it'd have good music.

Yo Bloody Tears will forever own and I will live to hear all of its remixes and arranges.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Beef Waifu posted:

Castlevania Judgment is my favorite lovely fighting game ever made and I laugh every time I play it. Everything about it is so terrible aside from the music, even the voice acting is bad. I honestly want them to take another serious shot at it, not because I want it to be better, but because I want to see if they can make it worse.

Castlevania's grave is already so deep, something good has to happen first. This depresses me to no end

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Alright guys, here we go, time to see:

Gritty Mach Rider Reboot
New Nazo no Murasame by Platinum
Mole Mania 2: Can U Dig It
Pokemon Snap 2

And of course, a new Punch-Out, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Mother, Startropics, Lolo, and F-Zero.

Also, yay for Star Fox leak :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Castlevania's grave is already so deep, something good has to happen first. This depresses me to no end

Things will be just fine (when Igarashi announces his inevitable Transylvania kickstarter)

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Miyamoto's projects, Starfox included, will all be tiny lovely minigames. The patron saint of gaming has finally lost his mind and we are a people without hope. Calling it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'd actually be okay with seeing someone other then Itoi make a mother game even if it'd probably suck.

Policenaut posted:

Things will be just fine (when Igarashi announces his inevitable Transylvania kickstarter)

It won't be the same without the Belmonts though. :(

Hobo Siege posted:

Miyamoto's projects, Starfox included, will all be tiny lovely minigames. The patron saint of gaming has finally lost his mind and we are a people without hope. Calling it.

Miyamoto's presentation will be Games as Toys.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait to be mildly disappointed and seek solace in one, maybe two new announcements and whisper to myself that "there's surely something else in the works, they're just not ready to show it yet, not yet"

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Anatharon posted:

I'd actually be okay with seeing someone other then Itoi make a mother game even if it'd probably suck.

It won't be the same without the Belmonts though. :(

Miyamoto's presentation will be Games as Toys.

Yeah, it'll be free to break out of that old poo poo and do its own thing.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i am so excited

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Well the theme this year has been "reboots nobody has asked for" so maybe will we get that new Ice Climbers game! Instead of a new F-Zero even though GX is the greatest racing game to come out in the last 15 years!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Direct will be 47 minutes long, as indicated by the Nintend Digital Event youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeBmaBBQqvM

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hobo Siege posted:

It's all part of the Year of Waluigi, where micro-microgames are all the rage. Remember that part on Corneria in Star Fox 64 where you fly under the stones jutting out of the water? Hah, that was great! Now available for 99 cents. Wah.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Weird to see Nintendo hop on this model but if it gets us more star fox I'll be so pleased.

This was always what I thought they could do with Star Fox in the Wii salad days, even though the internal memory to download stuff to was poo poo for poo poo. If it wasn't worth it to make a full game, just make short e-shop episodes.

But in my version it was about Star Wolf and they never actually accomplished anything of note.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Funny how the critic-doomed WiiU already has a much better library than any of the "next-gen" boxes.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

What does that even mean

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crimson Harvest posted:

What does that even mean

PS4 and Xbone has no gaems. And the few they do have play cheaper and better on a PC.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Funny how the critic-doomed WiiU already has a much better library than any of the "next-gen" boxes.

More people have PS4's than Wii U's and wii u had a pretty long head start.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well after reading complaints in the other event threads about how long and drawn out they were and how they could have summed it up like Nintendo in a 30 minute video.... lets see the complaints roll in about how Nintendo should have done a live press event!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hint it doesn't or else it would be selling better.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't be so quick to get excited, the Star Fox sequel is supposedly just some small $15 - $20 game.

The best thing about the Wii U so far has been its overpriced virtual console library. Otherwise its just been overdone sequels that top even Call of Duty in numbers. 110+ Mario games and counting.

• Locked thread