Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
CNN mock thread goes less than a page before fixating on and debating a female anchor's attractiveness.

Hello goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

CNN mock thread goes less than a page before fixating on and debating a female anchor's attractiveness.

Hello goons!

CNN was good at the beginning, now is longs for the day of another lost aircraft for ratings.

It's like fox news but depressing.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Wayside Bazaar posted:

that show sucked and her calves have gotten a little chubby (but no cankles or anything like that) since she squeezed one out but shes still super adorable!

^ this is peak Erin

:swoon:

Your a weird guy, wayside.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
But if I didn't have CNN, how would I know what people on Twitter think?!?!

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
oj's wilde ride is on cnn right now

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 11, 2014

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTUVc5wD8I

lol

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

What did Keith do?

he was pretty much becoming the glenn beck of the left except he somehow managed to be even more vitriolic before he was canned. now he's back to being a gay baby sportscaster lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

pelicans are intense

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Just posting to remind you guys that Al Jazeera America is doing pretty drat good at humiliating American cable television and if you have Direct TV you can probably find it on the channel Current TV used to be on.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Hobohemian posted:

Just posting to remind you guys that Al Jazeera America is doing pretty drat good at humiliating American cable television and if you have Direct TV you can probably find it on the channel Current TV used to be on.

on verizon they caved and got hd channel 614

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobohemian posted:

Look if I want the BBC, I'll watch the BBC, not Qatari BBC imitation.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

if I was in prison and couldn't get Hustler I'd just watch Fox News and pretend one of the anchors was on the other side of the glory hole
:foxnews: :fap:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

if I was in prison and couldn't get Hustler I'd just watch Fox News and pretend one of the anchors was on the other side of the glory hole
:foxnews: :fap:

In fairness Shepherd Smith is unironically awesome. I loved when he called people buying iodine tablets after Fukishima a bunch of idiots on air. I have no clue how he would up with Fox...besides money.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

gfanikf posted:

In fairness Shepherd Smith is unironically awesome. I loved when he called people buying iodine tablets after Fukishima a bunch of idiots on air. I have no clue how he would up with Fox...besides money.

Shepard smith is the AI constuct in a pillow women squirt over, and as a man, well I haven't been this hard in years.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hi

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XbukdoGmM

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
glad we had some real detectives on the case to tell us that those two women are both in phoenix by looking at the bus in the background instead of the top left and right corners where it says "phoenix" for both of them

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zycSqINXe4

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
have they found the plane yet

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

FordPRefectLL posted:

glad we had some real detectives on the case to tell us that those two women are both in phoenix by looking at the bus in the background instead of the top left and right corners where it says "phoenix" for both of them

Unrelated but hey ford i went to LL too. i'd tell you my username, but i took a bunch of money from a bunch of people.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
i get all my news from jon stewart hth

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

killyoureparents posted:

Unrelated but hey ford i went to LL too. i'd tell you my username, but i took a bunch of money from a bunch of people.

good gently caress whoever you took money from that site is full of idiots

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

FordPRefectLL posted:

good gently caress whoever you took money from that site is full of idiots

i'm permabanned poster used pokeball. i showered in their drug money.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i got banned for a joke post on complaints department enough of this derail though

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wayside Bazaar posted:

yeah totally right but shes gotta be the biggest hate gently caress ive ever come across on tv news IMO (sorry i know thats a pretty problematic statement, but its true). In case u didnt already know, she was a Goldman Sachs girl prior to embarking on a career in broadcast journalism. :toot:

I loved her clever OWS disguise.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
get a room you two
and gently caress in it, like animals

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

drilldo squirt posted:

Your a weird guy, wayside.

yeah guess so, but i'm not being 100% serious 100% of the time

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Is Anderson Cooper still on CNN? I stopped watching CNN a long time ago but I always watched for Cooper because he's drat good looking

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Luneshot posted:

Is Anderson Cooper still on CNN? I stopped watching CNN a long time ago but I always watched for Cooper because he's drat good looking

yep he's still "keeping them honest".

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Luneshot posted:

Similar to Shep Smith he's on the few redeeming things about the horrible news channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRG2WHFFm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXcrn-kq2x0

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
Lol I wonder if someone started a channel called "BORING rear end NEWS" and it was just fat people reading google news headlines all day if that would be popular. probably

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

SpazmasterX posted:

i get all my news from jon stewart hth

:hfive:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ignoarints posted:

Lol I wonder if someone started a channel called "BORING rear end NEWS" and it was just fat people reading google news headlines all day if that would be popular. probably

This was headline news circa 2004, and then the CNN acquisition.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVC28oemocA

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I went to a friend's house and he had CNN on. I'd say in 30 minutes of watching they talked about 2 main stories. The soldier swap which had just happened. So to help everyone understand the soldier they went to his home town to dig up dirt on his childhood. Soldier Man had a very unusual childhood! Could this have anything to do with the taliban taking him hostage?!

The other story was even better. Someone recorded a video of the President working out in the hotel gym. CNN was so appalled that someone would violate the President in this way. How could someone do this?!!!! This video is in really bad taste! All the while they're playing the video and saying all of this over it. over and over. We think this is the guy filming! You can see his leg!! Then an anchor said we asked the Secret Service for comment and they said 'it was no big deal, this happens all the time, what do you want us to do? Take everyone's phone as if we don't stand for freedom' (paraphrased) That wasn't enough though, they still thought the secret service should have taken over the whole gym or confiscated phones.

I wonder if they're still talking about that?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Resdfru posted:

I went to a friend's house and he had CNN on. I'd say in 30 minutes of watching they talked about 2 main stories. The soldier swap which had just happened. So to help everyone understand the soldier they went to his home town to dig up dirt on his childhood. Soldier Man had a very unusual childhood! Could this have anything to do with the taliban taking him hostage?!

The other story was even better. Someone recorded a video of the President working out in the hotel gym. CNN was so appalled that someone would violate the President in this way. How could someone do this?!!!! This video is in really bad taste! All the while they're playing the video and saying all of this over it. over and over. We think this is the guy filming! You can see his leg!! Then an anchor said we asked the Secret Service for comment and they said 'it was no big deal, this happens all the time, what do you want us to do? Take everyone's phone as if we don't stand for freedom' (paraphrased) That wasn't enough though, they still thought the secret service should have taken over the whole gym or confiscated phones.

I wonder if they're still talking about that?

cool i was in the hospital about a year ago and was all groggy and poo poo just coming out of anesthesia and i could hear someone babbling on about obamacare and there was another guy trying to interrupt him saying like "sir? sir. SIR? SIR! SIR... sir SIR. sir?" and the other guy kept just going on and on. all i could think was oh goddamnit someone put cnn on this is worse than the searing pain in my leg from surgery

thats my cnn story i guess i dont watch it much because it sucks and is horrible

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
24 hour news is trash. It belongs in the trash can (bin for brits).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

burritolingus posted:

24 hour news is trash. It belongs in the trash can (bin for brits).

piers morgan exiled to failed colony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Wayside Bazaar posted:

yeah totally right but shes gotta be the biggest hate gently caress ive ever come across on tv news IMO (sorry i know thats a pretty problematic statement, but its true). In case u didnt already know, she was a Goldman Sachs girl prior to embarking on a career in broadcast journalism. :toot:

drat she's fine as hell.

• Locked thread