Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Polo-Rican posted:

car people that claim to ~Really Hate Bikers~ are very sad and depressing

This, pretty much.

Also :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Uncle Salty posted:

It bothers me that men are supposed to feel bad about their height. Who cares, bitches? It's not like you can control it. I think I read a study that short men get paid less over a lifetime of doing the same job with the same education/background as taller men. That's so dumb! As a (gay) woman, I don't get it.

azreal sounds like kinda a doofus, but his perfect girl size is probably the least of his worries.

If we only gave people poo poo for things they could control it would wipe out half the threads on this forum overnight.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I do agree it sucks though. I've dated guys with dwarfism to guys that were over a foot taller than me & it does seem like there's a size range somewhere between 5'4" & 5'10" where you become an insufferable overcompensating shithead. I guess that's the range where people stop telling you to love yourself & instead are like "be taller you loser" and it certainly seems to gently caress guys up. Like if you're 4'11" you can just embrace who you are but if you're 5'5" you've clearly hosed something up yourself. It's super unfair.

But seriously guys, bulking up does not fill that hole in your heart.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
yeah but he's just the right size for me to fill the hole in his rear end :pedo:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I do agree it sucks though. I've dated guys with dwarfism to guys that were over a foot taller than me & it does seem like there's a size range somewhere between 5'4" & 5'10" where you become an insufferable overcompensating shithead. I guess that's the range where people stop telling you to love yourself & instead are like "be taller you loser" and it certainly seems to gently caress guys up. Like if you're 4'11" you can just embrace who you are but if you're 5'5" you've clearly hosed something up yourself. It's super unfair.

But seriously guys, bulking up does not fill that hole in your heart.

this seems almost as mean-spirited. i'm not trying to "bulk up" to compensate for some perceived deficiency, i just like to work out because it's good for me. for most women i think a fit man is more attractive than the alternative regardless of height. and it also sucks to have people assuming you have some sort of personality defect as a natural result of some uncontrollable physical characteristic. luckily i don't think most people irl actually think the way you say they do.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Benedick Cuckold posted:

this seems almost as mean-spirited. i'm not trying to bulk up to compensate for some perceived deficiency, i just like to work out because it's good for me. for most women i think a fit man is more attractive than the alternative regardless of height. and it also sucks to have people assuming you have some sort of personality defect as a natural result of some uncontrollable physical characteristic. luckily i don't think most people irl actually think the way you say they do.

Well yeah obviously #notallshortmen, I was being a tad hyperbolic & pulling from my experiences with irl men not hypothetical men everywhere. I know not every man below 5'10" is hosed up in the head. However, literally every man I have known who is between 5'4" & 5'10" that has bulked to the point where they can't put their arms at their sides properly is a seething cauldron of resentment about his place in the world & I think it may have quite a lot to do with how society treats short men like their height is a failing of their masculinity & no amount of lifting is going to fix that. Also, there's a big difference between working out to be fit & working out to the point where you look like a 1980s He-Man action figure.

I'm sure my post came off mean-spirited because I am in fact very mean.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Benedick Cuckold posted:

this seems almost as mean-spirited. i'm not trying to "bulk up" to compensate for some perceived deficiency, i just like to work out because it's good for me. for most women i think a fit man is more attractive than the alternative regardless of height. and it also sucks to have people assuming you have some sort of personality defect as a natural result of some uncontrollable physical characteristic. luckily i don't think most people irl actually think the way you say they do.

If you could choose your height how tall would you be?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Bicycle commuting is the ultimate sign of self-height acceptance.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mookface posted:

20 feet because then I could pick people up in my hands like they were Barbie dolls.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
25 feet so Trixie couldn't pick me up

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would add an inch or two maybe but this is the standard male response for normal people. I imagine 5'5 guys would want to be like 7' tall so they can exact revenge on the normies who have scorned them their whole lives

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

BigFactory posted:

It should be legal to accidentally hit bicyclists with your car. You should just have to say sorry or something. Or to his family or whatever

This 100%. If a biker hits me, he'll probably flip me the bird, scream at me, and pedal off. If i hit him, my rear end goes to jail. Where's the logic here?

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Sell a large Handle for the back of smartcars and you can use your little car to pull five of your freinds on bikes down the highway at 55 mph.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sammus posted:

This 100%. If a biker hits me, he'll probably flip me the bird, scream at me, and pedal off. If i hit him, my rear end goes to jail. Where's the logic here?

Lol you don't go to jail for killing a biker. Judge probably hit and ran two earlier in the week.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dusseldorf posted:

Lol you don't go to jail for killing a biker. Judge probably hit and ran two earlier in the week.

My dad hit a woman on a bike but apparently if you come flying out of the bushes and ride on to a bypass at 90° to the road its your fault so he didn't get stuck for anything

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Well yeah obviously #notallshortmen, I was being a tad hyperbolic & pulling from my experiences with irl men not hypothetical men everywhere. I know not every man below 5'10" is hosed up in the head. However, literally every man I have known who is between 5'4" & 5'10" that has bulked to the point where they can't put their arms at their sides properly is a seething cauldron of resentment about his place in the world & I think it may have quite a lot to do with how society treats short men like their height is a failing of their masculinity & no amount of lifting is going to fix that. Also, there's a big difference between working out to be fit & working out to the point where you look like a 1980s He-Man action figure.

I'm sure my post came off mean-spirited because I am in fact very mean.

oh well duh short guys like that look weird. i thought you meant like all short guys who worked out to the point where you could tell they worked out. my bad. for what it's worth you don't actually seem that mean (sorry if that's what you were going for, i don't mean to be cramping your posting style)

mookface posted:

honestly? probably just like 5'10''. i don't want to be super tall. there are things i like about being on the shorter side (i'm 5'8''). but it would be nice to have a couple extra inches so taller women would have less of an issue wearing heels around me.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Benedick Cuckold posted:

oh well duh short guys like that look weird. i thought you meant like all short guys who worked out to the point where you could tell they worked out. my bad. for what it's worth you don't actually seem that mean (sorry if that's what you were going for, i don't mean to be cramping your posting style)

honestly? probably just like 5'10''. i don't want to be super tall. there are things i like about being on the shorter side (i'm 5'8''). but it would be nice to have a couple extra inches so taller women would have less of an issue wearing heels around me.

5'8 isn't that small man, I mean its kind of little but you're still taller than the average girl

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mookface posted:

5'8 isn't that small man, I mean its kind of little but you're still taller than the average girl

yeah but it doesn't change the fact that azreal is a 5'5" manlet!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

yeah but it doesn't change the fact that azreal is a 5'5" manlet!

Yeah if I was working with someone that small I'd call them little buddy

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

mookface posted:

yes all that is true, and me and my 5'9'' and 5'10'' manlet brethren have to endure all manner of accusations of "not being real manlets" at every closed door meeting. but at the same time the 5'9''- and 5'10''-ers often view me as being more akin to our diminutive accusers than i am to them. it is an unenviable position to be in.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Azerban posted:

imagine being a 5'5" man

is that even a man

I am 6'5" and 210#. I would be content being a bit more short. Hate trying to find clothes that fit my orangutang physique.
Having a high center of balance is not all it's cracked up to be.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
Why didn't you just eat your loving vegetables?

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

why is there a self-imposed derogatory term for men who are slightly shorter than average now?
is this some 4chan inferiority complex thing like "incel"

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Benedick Cuckold posted:

yes all that is true, and me and my 5'9'' and 5'10'' manlet brethren have to endure all manner of accusations of "not being real manlets" at every closed door meeting. but at the same time the 5'9''- and 5'10''-ers often view me as being more akin to our diminutive accusers than i am to them. it is an unenviable position to be in.

This must be tough for you, forever being a child of two worlds. Never truly accepted by the littles, forever shunned by the bigs.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lol man this is some gud stuf

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

as a pedestrian I used to sympathize with cyclists until experience taught me that they have the same arrogant douchebag attitude towards me that they complain about car drivers having towards them

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

untilted posted:

why is there a self-imposed derogatory term for men who are slightly shorter than average now?

short people are barstards

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

untilted posted:

manlet spotted

anyway i'm 5'10 1/2" so whew i guess

naem
May 29, 2011

I have a 9 inch long penis

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i really couldn't imagine being that tiny as a man. 5'5" sub-150lbs? you're a little girl, bro

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

naem posted:

I have a 9 inch long penis

same but millimeters

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im 5'11", which is the perfect height. the entire world is designed for me, a white man who is 5'11"

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

THS posted:

im 5'11", which is the perfect height. the entire world is designed for me, a white man who is 5'11"

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
6'2" to 6'5" is the perfect height. It's hot when you know a guy could murder you with his brute strength instead of having to use a gun or garrote or something less manly.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

Waist size 30-32 depending on the brand and shirt size almost exclusively medium with the odd small. 5'11 180 is the best

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Trixie Hardcore posted:

6'2" to 6'5" is the perfect height. It's hot when you know a guy could murder you with his brute strength instead of having to use a gun or garrote or something less manly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXKYdqIUHQI

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Trixie Hardcore posted:

being taller would be cool but counterpoint: airplanes, public transit, cars, more back problems. not worth it imho

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Out here there's a yearly bike race to the top of a 10000 ft mountain from sea level, you're not allowed to bring recumbent bicycles but since it's an open course I just show up in a recumbent bicycle and ride anyway. I love seeing the looks on the faces of all of the douchebags in their full lycra suits trying to squeeze out that extra 0.0000001% of efficiency by having their balls tucked in just the right way while I just go zooming by in normal workout shorts on a recumbent bicycle.

Sometimes I also like to pretend that my recumbent is a spy car, since it goes so much faster than normal bikes, so I'll pull in front of another bicyclist and then drop a bunch of tacks and poo poo and listen for the "OH NOOOOOOOO" as they go flying into a fruit stand (or off a cliff, whatever)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I like how people keep coming into this thread to talk about bikes & cars instead of how short the OP is, you guys keep us honest.

That is really sexy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Trixie Hardcore posted:

woah I thought I was the only one who thought like this

• Locked thread