Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Oh hey, a thread for The Forest! Or as I call it, "Tree Chopping Simulator." I've sunk about 40 hours into the game over the past couple months. The most recent 0.40 update broke the save I had been playing for a while - had built a nice custom cabin on an island in a lake, and upon loading after the update all the doors to the cabin had disappeared. Of course I had saved from my bed inside the cabin so I had no way to get out. Luckily I was planning to start a new game anyway. Now I've been building a base on that peninsula with the big tree near the yacht.

This game has so much potential. I'd really like to see a more robust farming system. And real guns because it would be very satisfying the headshot the mutants.

Anyone played with VR? I've gotten genuinely scared a couple times and can imagine that VR would be a perfect fit.

Another question - is there any easy way to connect different constructions than trial and error? Trying to connect stairs to a platform, for example, always takes me a few tries to line up the elevation properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread