Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

dogstile posted:

I wonder if they have anything planned to mark the second year of early access.

I want options to become even more of a crazed savage. I already don't build big bases, instead opting to move between several camps I've built across the map. I build a hunting shelter, stone fire, two basins, two gardens, and a meat rack at like four locations and move from one to another when things get too hot.

With bone armor I can easily take on larger patrols, who I then butcher and hang their meat on a rack, burning some to replace my armor, and slapping the rest on an effigy at the site of the kills. If I've got extra bones I've been building bone fences around my various camps. On my current run only a small handful of cannibals have made it away from me alive.

I guess what I want is for them to seem more...aware when a player is being just as scary a monster as them? Like when there's only 3-4 of them they should seem a lot more terrified when patrols of that size have been coming after you and never coming home. I know the player is supposed to be the prey here but I just wish scare tactics against them worked better. Like they'd stop engaging with small groups constantly and instead drag a pack of mutants up from down below and come at you with a mob.

I've seen some pretty big attacks before but I just don't feel like they escalate like they should when the player is actively hostile and every bit as savage as they are. The AI in this game is overall pretty great but it seems like it's all built around the player living in fear and turtling up, which isn't always the player's response.

Also I'd love to see the sanity system go in and watch my current guy go completely batshit from all the long pork he's been chowing down on lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

dogstile posted:

I want them to keep going with the "who is the monster here" goal that they initially wanted to do. They wanted the player to think that maybe the island residents weren't all that bad, but its kind of hard for me to feel sympathy for butchering them since upon meeting you they do the following:

1. Stare
2. Run away if alone, bring back group. If in group they advance
3. Try to surround you
4. If they surround you, proceed with murder. If they don't, proceed with murder.

Every goddamn time.

Yeah I'm with you there. I go to great lengths to be the scariest thing in these here woods, drat it. :colbert:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Oh hey new update. Weapon customizing is pretty sweet but now suddenly cannibals aren't dropping teeth. I started a new game: four days and close to two dozen kills later and I haven't got a single tooth.

• Locked thread