Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Hooray we managed to win this stupid game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
No doubt about it. Now win the series.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Orioles outscore red sox 10-1 in series, only win 2/3 games.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
WERTH QUAKE!!!

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Ah good, a patented Matt Cain "Slider Down the Middle to the Wrong Man"

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Whats more surprising: Albert Pujols going for a triple or Cespedes throwing his dumb rear end out again?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

We won 2 out of 3, good enough for me. Don't need to watch anymore of the 3rd game.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Cespedes just loving with the Angels now

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Why are the Angels continuing to try to take extra bases on Cespedes? ESPECIALLY Pujols.

It's getting to the point where the Angels coaching staff should be sued for negligence or something.

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe
:laffo: The Angels all need to buy "Don't Run on Cespedes" bracelets or something.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
At some point, much like touching a hot stove and losing a layer of skin to burns, one would think eventually the Angels would stop going "oooh, he bobbled the ball, must try for another base!"

Currently trying to remember how to say "LOL I can't believe they fell for that poo poo again!" in Spanish.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
How much luck have the Nationals had against Hudson? I want to know if I should prepare myself for a sweep when I go to the game tomorrow

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

How much luck have the Nationals had against Hudson? I want to know if I should prepare myself for a sweep when I go to the game tomorrow

Hudson is something crazy like 16-5 vs the Nats. In his time with the Braves, he pretty much owned them. If the Braves were slumping going into a series that Hudson was starting, you could take it to the bank that the Braves were winning that game.

So pretty bad luck I'd say.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
What a catch by Zimm in LF, glad to see that experiment is working out so far.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Ishin posted:

What a catch by Zimm in LF, glad to see that experiment is working out so far.

As long as he doesn't have to throw

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

TenaciousJ posted:

As long as he doesn't have to throw

Hey come on, he made the only throw he's ever had to make to second on that Morse double! But yeah... please don't try to throw home Zimm.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Ishin posted:

Hey come on, he made the only throw he's ever had to make to second on that Morse double! But yeah... please don't try to throw home Zimm.

I'm just being realistic. I fear what they will do to keep his bat in the lineup when Harper comes back.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

This game was worth it for the Hicks bunt single.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Joaquin Arias is garbage.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

coronaball posted:

Joaquin Arias is garbage.

But think about all his 15 OPS+ brings to the table! :v:

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

TenaciousJ posted:

I'm just being realistic. I fear what they will do to keep his bat in the lineup when Harper comes back.

I think they'll have to give Zim another shot at 3B, see if he can play there for a couple months to end the season. I just can't see them looking at Danny Espinosa and Denard Span and say that out of those two, Span is the one that has to sit to get Harper back in the lineup. But if all else fails and Zim absolutely cannot play 3B competently then obviously Span will have to sit and that will be a shame, he's a fine CF'er.

Uh oh. The Goggled One is warming up for the 8th.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Clippard didn't frighten me as badly tonight. Can Soriano keep his poo poo together?

fluffer muffle
Oct 15, 2010

RE: RUN SUPPORT
Blow this roster up, start making trades. We're never going to win again.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Ray Knight is funny as poo poo. It might be because he looks like a giant next to Johnny Holliday combined with the thick southern accent but I enjoy the Nats post game show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Santheb posted:

Ray Knight is funny as poo poo. It might be because he looks like a giant next to Johnny Holliday combined with the thick southern accent but I enjoy the Nats post game show.

Watch a nats postgame when the Nats lose by going 0-10 with RISP or on a blown save, he cant even talk he gets so fustrated. I envision him taking swigs of Woodford Reserve from a flask for 3 hours before hand.

• Locked thread