Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I dont know they always say the same each time opening game and im remembering Cameroon vs Argentina and when France got thrashed too. Croatia have always been pretty good.

To be fair that France team sucked rear end, and Brazil are very very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Fucker posted:

cristiano ronaldo is the best.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

classic

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
http://www.theonion.com/articles/world-cup-teams-to-watch,36253/#1

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
is a whole new north korean team going to get tortured to death please let me know

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

To be fair that France team sucked rear end, and Brazil are very very good

This is all true however Brazil could either be complacent since they're expected to demolish Croatia or because of the consequences if they dont, (media and fan expectations etc) nerves may get the better of them. Croatia on the other hand can just go in and play a relaxed, solid game with no pressure or expectation. Even though Brazil 'should' win I really think anything could happen here.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Total Meatlove posted:

yer lets play every world cup game in a soulless concrete bowl with fake grass instead of the Maracana or Wembley or the Lusail Iconic Stadium

exactly who gives a gently caress

have the whole thing held at a bunch of texas high school football stadiums which hold twice the average capacity of the quarter billion dollar boondoggles soon to kill dozens of spectators in brazil

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

This is all true however Brazil could either be complacent since they're expected to demolish Croatia or because of the consequences if they dont, (media and fan expectations etc) nerves may get the better of them. Croatia on the other hand can just go in and play a relaxed, solid game with no pressure or expectation. Even though Brazil 'should' win I really think anything could happen here.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CROATIA.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The Continental Soccer Association is coming to Springfield! It's all here—fast-kickin’, low scorin’. And ties? You bet! You’ll see all your favorite soccer stars. Like Ariaga! Ariaga II! Bariaga! Aruglia! And Pizzoza!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

The Continental Soccer Association is coming to Springfield! It's all here—fast-kickin’, low scorin’. And ties? You bet! You’ll see all your favorite soccer stars. Like Ariaga! Ariaga II! Bariaga! Aruglia! And Pizzoza!

counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgBGw4dN8w

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

yup, fair call. Brazil are one of those teams that on any given night could go something like 5-1 or be made to look silly by a dark horse

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Who cares about the game, I just like it when countries fight.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
normal football and american football show off each country's mindset perfectly. normal football is about teamwork, respect and individual flair where as american football is about one smart old white guy telling a bunch of fat roided up goons exactly what to do and they blindly follow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

He's pretty good

he should kick field goals for America

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
lol just been trollin some soccer nerds in the World Cup thread about their garbage rear end England team, it went about as well as you'd expect (me getting piled upon)

redshirt posted:

Who cares about the game, I just like it when countries fight.

drat straight

Zinedine Zidane was a true pioneer

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

He's pretty good

he should kick field goals for America

He's already making nearly $20,000,000 more than the highest paid player in the NFL. Too bad he can't swing a baseball bat though there's like 30 baseball contracts bigger than his

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Homestar Runner posted:

lol just been trollin some soccer nerds in the World Cup thread about their garbage rear end England team, it went about as well as you'd expect (me getting piled upon)

loving epic puppetmastering goonsire

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Homestar Runner posted:

drat straight

Zinedine Zidane was a true pioneer

reported, injoy you're ban

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
America is just too homophobic to accept soccer as a major sport

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nothing but respect for Zidane. I mean you do what you gotta do when your mother's honor is on the line. Solid headbutt from a solid head.

Also brought the world together with that photoshop thread

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

concerned mom posted:

normal football and american football show off each country's mindset perfectly. normal football is about teamwork, respect and individual flair where as american football is about one smart old white guy telling a bunch of fat roided up goons exactly what to do and they blindly follow

so that's why the us team got themselves a german coach

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Luvcow posted:

America is just too homophobic to accept soccer as a major sport

It takes a manly loving man to take a punch and then wait til the ref is watching

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Greyhawk posted:

Prussian generals gotta drill them american boys, that's how you win a revolution

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Greyhawk posted:

keep in mind that this German Coach never won the World Cup
much like the last Führer

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

concerned mom posted:

RESPECT

INDIVIDUAL FLAIR

Joga Bonita The Beautiful Game

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
At the end of the day its a game of two halves and a funny old game at that. Hopefully we should see some end to end stuff, because you have to be in it to win it and if you dont get the ball to the other end and in the back of the net you won't finish on top.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Frostwerks posted:

is a whole new north korean team going to get tortured to death please let me know

Didn' t qualify so they will be getting tortured to death at home.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

At the end of the day its a game of two halves and a funny old game at that. Hopefully we should see some end to end stuff, because you have to be in it to win it and if you dont get the ball to the other end and in the back of the net you won't finish on top.

Or you could just, you know, tie 0-0 and everyone wins

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I like how no one knows how much time is left at the end of the game.

Go ahead and bet on it!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

redshirt posted:

I like how no one knows how much time is left at the end of the game.

Go ahead and bet on it!

Stoppage time = however long it takes for the team refs have money on to win

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Real talk for a moment: Americans have been widely playing soccer for over a generation now. Given the size and resources of the country, it's shameful we don't dominate this sport, and if I am elected Leader, I vow to insist on American soccer global dominance. None would challenge our "footy".

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the world cup is cool because everyone is drunk at 10pm on a weekday instead of just me

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

well your womens team is doing much better than your mens team so maybe hire their coaches

but lol womens football amirite guys

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I want us to dominate so that we can be like "polls show that 80% of Americans don't even care that they won the world cup".

And then the other 20% fires guns into the air which kills people on the way down

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Teron D Amun posted:

well your womens team is doing much better than your mens team so maybe hire their coaches

but lol womens football amirite guys

lol women's "sport".

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Foxy boxing?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Foxy boxing?

"Jello Wrestling", "Roller Derby", and "Cheering" were also acceptable answers.

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
The England team visited an orphanage in Manaus today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,” said Rodrigo, aged six.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
I like the World Cup, op. It has a lot of people excited for it worldwide.

Re: American Football
Why the gently caress would you want to watch someone else play a turn-based strategy game. That's like the most boring game streams ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Rude
Aug 21, 2009

Greed is eternal posted:

The England team visited an orphanage in Manaus today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,” said Rodrigo, aged six.

lol

• Locked thread