Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neal McDonough was a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Poor Louis, rattled and trolled by Mike, and then eviscerated by Harvey :smith:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Mike is terrible, and I want him to die.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Mike is terrible, and I want him to die.

Mike has a point though, nobody else actually cares about what's going on other than just numbers to tick up.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mike is really not cut out to be an investment banker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harvey, you said you were done with Louis before.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

This scene is literally heart breaking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That end of that preview with Harvey almost made it look like he injured Rachel.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I hope the writers stop loving around and drive Louis to a breaking point so that he finally gets his act together and curb-stomps everyone

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Peta posted:

I hope the writers stop loving around and drive Louis to a breaking point so that he finally gets his act together and curb-stomps everyone

I repeat a previous post that the episode in two weeks is titled "Litt the Hell Up". :black101:

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I hope Louis curb-stomps Harvey for being the smug little poo poo he is. Long live Louis!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Louis is a pathetic man child that needs to lose the feelings. He's a corporate lawyer. Man up.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Now Rachel is in love with a person who she changed into being good.

And Louis is retiring. Haha. I wonder what out of context conversation that was taken from to put into the 'next week' teaser.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Peta posted:

I want Louis to see a shrink, realize he's out of his element and start hanging out with low-income D&D nerds so that he has a stable, fulfilling personal life and gets his mojo and emotional stability back.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

AshB posted:

I hope Louis curb-stomps Harvey for being the smug little poo poo he is. Long live Louis!

:golfclap:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Peta posted:

We've sen Louis do his thing for three seasons now...How much more breaking point does he need?

I mean, unless his house burns down killing his newly purchased Arabian long haired show kitten and ashing his designer mud, and Harvard Law revokes his degree for reasons, I really don't see what else there is.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
The thought that Louis might get his day to one-up pretty much everyone on the show is the only reason I watch Suits anymore. Goodness knows that all the other characters in the show are pretty insufferable. Harvey is obnoxiously cocky and almost never gets truly humbled by anyone other than Donna, who is more deus ex machina than character. Mike was never interesting to begin with. The female characters are all very weakly written and Suits probably won't ever pass the Bechdel test. Even Katrina snatched defeat from the jaws of victory once they 180'd her personality into Louis' oddball sidekick. Really, all this has going for it is that almost everyone is incredibly good looking. In conclusion, I hope Louis takes a fat dump on Harvey and Jessica's desks and starts a new firm with Harold completing his Harvey-Mike duo in a legitimately better spinoff series.

AshB fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 11, 2014

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Drifter posted:

We've sen Louis do his thing for three seasons now...How much more breaking point does he need?

I mean, unless his house burns down killing his newly purchased Arabian long haired show kitten and ashing his designer mud, and Harvard Law revokes his degree for reasons, I really don't see what else there is.

I mean I want him to get to the point where he puts his foot down and does something about it and somehow styles on Harvey and/or Mike in a way that actually has consequences for them instead of in a way that's quickly patched up within two episodes

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Peta posted:

I mean I want him to get to the point where he puts his foot down and does something about it and somehow styles on Harvey and/or Mike in a way that actually has consequences for them instead of in a way that's quickly patched up within two episodes

This is a show on USA.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah but the whole investment banker thing, which on other shows would have been resolved already, is sticking around and doesn't look like they're ditching it any time soon to have Mike just rejoin P-S.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
This season is my favorite of them all so far. I'm loving how everyone is slowly realizing that Mike is a worthy opponent. The only thing I'm waiting for is somebody to point out that Harvey and Louis are getting their asses kicked because Harvey mentored Mike so well.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah but the whole investment banker thing, which on other shows would have been resolved already, is sticking around and doesn't look like they're ditching it any time soon to have Mike just rejoin P-S.

Well it seems like he's about to be fired.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Well it seems like he's about to be fired.

Yeah they put a clock on that arc with the deal he just struck. Question is why would P-S want Mike back?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Yeah they put a clock on that arc with the deal he just struck. Question is why would P-S want Mike back?

They'd probably rather have him working for them than against them. He readily handed Harvey and Louis their asses and they're two of the top three lawyers in the firm. The only one he hasn't beaten was Jessica and she's not involved in the case. Every time Harvey tried to get the upper hand, Mike flipped the script and beat him. It really looks like Harvey has no other way of beating him without resorting to something like hurting or threatening Rachel to get Mike to give up.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HonorableTB posted:

They'd probably rather have him working for them than against them. He readily handed Harvey and Louis their asses and they're two of the top three lawyers in the firm. The only one he hasn't beaten was Jessica and she's not involved in the case. Every time Harvey tried to get the upper hand, Mike flipped the script and beat him. It really looks like Harvey has no other way of beating him without resorting to something like hurting or threatening Rachel to get Mike to give up.

I think he made it slightly harder for Harvey, but in the end he shot himself in the head.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

but in the end he shot himself in the head.

his one weakness

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

his one weakness

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Did Litt's actor get fatter since last season or something? It seems like there was more neckpouching going on. Or maybe that was his angry and aggressive pouch display, in order to scare off other, more dominant males?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

GaussianCopula posted:

It's not like he can't just come up with some magic solution that will let him keep his job if that's the direction the show wants to go. Hell, they can even get lazy with it and just have Mike's weirdo boss decide that screwing him over was some badass investment move and give him a promotion. It would be just as goofy as the way they've portrayed the whole company Mike works for.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

It's not like he can't just come up with some magic solution that will let him keep his job if that's the direction the show wants to go. Hell, they can even get lazy with it and just have Mike's weirdo boss decide that screwing him over was some badass investment move and give him a promotion.

You just lost me 100 million dollars!

I like it. You're now a true investment banker.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

VDay posted:

It's not like he can't just come up with some magic solution that will let him keep his job if that's the direction the show wants to go. Hell, they can even get lazy with it and just have Mike's weirdo boss decide that screwing him over was some badass investment move and give him a promotion. It would be just as goofy as the way they've portrayed the whole company Mike works for.

Painting investment bankers as absolute lunatics might be the only accurate characterization in the entire show.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Colonial Air Force posted:

This is a show on USA.

Look dude I don't give a gently caress

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Peta posted:

Look dude I don't give a gently caress

You don't give a poo poo. This is still a show on basic cable.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Drifter posted:

Did Litt's actor get fatter since last season or something? It seems like there was more neckpouching going on. Or maybe that was his angry and aggressive pouch display, in order to scare off other, more dominant males?

Take a look at him in the pilot and now. He was pretty skinny in the beginning of the show, and looked kinda lovely. He needs the fat reserves to litt people up, duh.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Schiavona posted:

Take a look at him in the pilot and now. He was pretty skinny in the beginning of the show, and looked kinda lovely. He needs the fat reserves to litt people up, duh.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I need this as an avatar.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I've been marathoning this and am now into the middle of season 2 (and I've watched all of season 4 so far on OnDemand -- I don't care about spoilers), and the thing that I'm most surprised to find I enjoy is how....like....law-centric this show is. I feel like I'm actually learning a lot about civil law, especially what it's like, day-to-day, to be a civil lawyer. None of the other courtroom dramas I've seen (which, okay, is not many) have covered the actual nitty-gritty logistics of what it's like to work in a law office in so much detail, and I appreciate that about Suits.

Are there any sites that talk about how accurate the legal stuff on this show is?

I'm also really enjoying the power dyamics in season 2 with Harvey acting as Jessica's rottweiler on a leash relating to Daniel, given how iffy his deference to her has always been. He makes a point of being subservient to her in front of Daniel because he's mostly loyal to her and he hates Daniel that much that he'd never help him, but at the same time Jessica doesn't trust him 100% to remain her #2 and neither can the audience because we know he always has to come out on top. It's such a tense setup and the show-runner was really smart to take the characters in that direction.

Also, anyone who doesn't love Louis has a wind-up clock for a heart.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

You just lost me the people of America a 100 million dollars!

I like it. You're now a true investment banker.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rabbit Hill posted:

...the thing that I'm most surprised to find I enjoy is how....like....law-centric this show is. I feel like I'm actually learning a lot about civil law, especially what it's like, day-to-day, to be a civil lawyer. None of the other courtroom dramas I've seen (which, okay, is not many) have covered the actual nitty-gritty logistics of what it's like to work in a law office in so much detail, and I appreciate that about Suits.

Hahahahaha WHAT???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Heh, I mean you get to see people doing the boring poo poo like filling out paperwork and moving through the steps of a lawsuit, as opposed to L&O-style "lawyers live in a courthouse and single-handedly try every case in the county" glossing over stuff, plus you actually see the staff and associates doing their jobs. I don't know, I like seeing it, don't harsh my mellow. :colbert:

• Locked thread