Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Great, now I just got to get up and dance. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

quote:

No wonder they called her 'sigh'.

I'm laughing so hard I startled my son.

edit: even though technically it's more like 'sigh-uh'.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 31, 2014

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

quote:

watching the rioters dancing in front of the burning Inn of the Cod and Cot.

Best night ever.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teonis posted:

Best night ever.
:drat: Project X, Codcliffe

So...this escalated quickly. :black101:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Error 404 posted:

:drat: Project X, Codcliffe

So...this escalated quickly. :black101:

I escalated it further. :getin:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Arashiofordo3 posted:

I escalated it further. :getin:

That's awesome, but I'm pretty sure I killed him with that 11 damage. :smaug: (NPCs don't/shouldn't have the kind of HP that PCs have, hell the toughest monster in DW core only has 26 hp.)

That said, taking advantage of the commotion to steal the book is a great idea and I think we should do it, you're faster and can get there soonest, but once I stow away the loot I nabbed from the Senator, I'm right behind you.

I also wonder how much commotion Rory's party is causing. I'd imagine the town's guard and the Senator's retainers are going insane just trying to figure out 'what in the actual gently caress' is going on.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I imagine a town block being on fire would be large concern for them, several soldiers are probably staying at the inn, not to mention how many showed up to drink that night. I'll make a post about it soon.

PS: drat, that was awesome, Error. Way to rip the rear end in a top hat a new one.

Teonis fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 4, 2014

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Taking bets on how much of Codcliffe is going to be standing by the time you guys leave.

Zero's already spoken for, sorry

:supaburn::munch:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Well, we like Icarus, so whatever percent of the town his house is, that's how much will be standing. :v:

seriously though, I'm not planning on slaughtering every innocent in town, just the rear end in a top hat former senator and his goons who've personally wronged us.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Also I responded to Rags.
Looks like the current episode of 'Sia makes things worse!' is a two-parter! :v: Fuckin Orokos.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Feel like I should warn you Error 404. You might have all the guards who aren't dealing with the burning inn chasing after you will Rags waltzes through the front door and takes the book. :D

Episode 1 of Rags Can Also Be A Dick - that song about being chased from Aladdin.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Feel like I should warn you Error 404. You might have all the guards who aren't dealing with the burning inn chasing after you will Rags waltzes through the front door and takes the book. :D

Episode 1 of Rags Can Also Be A Dick - that song about being chased from Aladdin.

Well that's just good strategic thinking. Rags is just a dick on general principle. :D

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
sorry about no reply yet, my phone is being an rear end in a top hat. I write a good portion of my post on it, then loose signal or it goes to sleep and I lose the whole thing. I'm just going to have to find a computer...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teonis posted:

sorry about no reply yet, my phone is being an rear end in a top hat. I write a good portion of my post on it, then loose signal or it goes to sleep and I lose the whole thing. I'm just going to have to find a computer...

I feel you, which is why I never update via phone. That said, one cool trick is, if you have a writer or notepad app, to write your post in that and then copy paste into a post.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have scratch docs for all my games in Google Docs. Probably still susceptible to losing all or part of it, but I feel like maybe... less so?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Something Else posted:

I have scratch docs for all my games in Google Docs. Probably still susceptible to losing all or part of it, but I feel like maybe... less so?

also a good option, but less so if your wifi signal is dodgy.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Any idea of when we are next going to see a post from ether Megane or Baby? I'm getting twitchy waiting to post more. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't enjoying this game so much.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Sorry, I've been super busy this weekend. I'll post tomorrow.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Wow, happy monday, everyone. It seems like we were all on at the same time. We got a lot out of the way, but I nearly missed Arashi's post and subsequent edit of the earlier post.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Slow day at work/I'm a terrible employee means lots of attention to the forums, haha. Happy Monday!!

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'm sorry guys, I think I'm going to have to bow out. Work has been kicking my rear end lately and I just don't have the creativity left over to write. It's been a fantastic game but I'm just not able to give it the attention it deserves right now.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Sorry to see you go. I guess Icarus is staying behind in Codcliff to fight fires and rebuild the town-hall and Inn

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Really sorry to hear that Baby Babbeh. I was rather enjoying Icarus, shame I'll never get to see him grow into a fully fledged adventurer.

Is it still possible to drag him along with us as some kinda special hireling or something? Icarus brough some pretty good problem solving skills to the party, and I feel that we might have use of those if we need to do something that doesn't involve kicking its head in.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Sorry to hear it, Baby, we'll miss you! These things happen though; Real Life is the nemesis of every good game. You're always welcome back if you ever feel like it.

I'll think about how Icarus can be involved in the plot (if nothing else, he's a contact for you guys to call on). My vote would be to reopen recruitment like I suggested before and see if we can't get one or two more players involved.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Bye bye Baby Babbeh!! I guess we'll never know what all those other inventions do... And Sammi will have to find a new crush :v: I'm pro-recruitment, and making Icarus an NPC or just staying disappeared for now both make sense.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Bummer dude, but thanks for keeping the game alive with us.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

megane posted:

My vote would be to reopen recruitment like I suggested before and see if we can't get one or two more players involved.

I'm down with this idea.
The game must go on! :v:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Yes, please let the game continue. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! :v:

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I play from work, since I have a LOT of spare time between audit requests, so I check the forum constantly, waiting for someone to update. I realize, even if I check every 15 minutes, it isn't going to help, but I really want to continue, so I am impatient for other players to post.
lol

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
You aren't the only one. Part of me worries that I'm enjoying this game too much and am getting kinda pushy to continue. The rest of me is like 'gently caress that POST MORE!'

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'm sorry guys, I'm such a loser :negative:

Writing a post right now.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
You're not a loser, I'm just terribly selfish.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Well you'll like this post's picture then!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

megane posted:

Oh thank god, now I'm only partally terrified. I was worried it would be one of these bastards but giant. The Peacock Mantis Shrimp

If it was one of those I'd have to start rolling up a new character. As it is, we might stand a chance. :allears:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teonis posted:

You're not a loser, I'm just terribly selfish.

This.

Also, I started a new job, posting will slow just a bit.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 24, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

megane posted:

I get it!!

shellfish

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I have an idea for a small magic item if the GM thinks it'd be cool for us to have, and finding a few right now in the treasure would make sense.

Fire Marble
This small glassy stone emits a steady light, slightly dimmer than a torch, but cool to the touch and everlasting.
Fire Marbles can be found in varying sizes and colors, they're pretty obscure, and nobody knows for sure where they come from.

Maybe the guards were playing cards for ownership of a few marbles?

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Did we lose our GM? Again? We were at a really good spot, I'd like to keep it going

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I think Megane's been having fun too, they'd tell us otherwise.

Probably just life stuff happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Hey guys, just letting you know I'm out of town today so I'll post when I get back tonight.

And yeah, of course I'm having fun; you guys are hilarious.

• Locked thread