Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Can you guys put tits in the OP and mark the thread NSFW? Your ads are worth clicking on but I'm usually disappointed when I get here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Then they are working as intended.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Hajj Podge posted:

Yep, though I may be banned soon! So there's that.

Getting "almost banned" is so however long ago when a bunch of people (myself included) almost got banned for notorious goon and ban evader Hurricane.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Hurricane is a j4g moron from 4chan, though.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
Is this that game where goons trolled Turkish nationalists until they cried to the admins that they'd get the site blacklisted in Turkey for insulting Dear Leader, so they ended up wordfiltering "Atajerk" etc?

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
Nope. The game you're thinking of is erepublik.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Yeah they lifted their "investigation" so I'm definitely not being banned.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well, I just set up a nation, registered on the forum

What do I have to do now to get hatemail?

e:

CNS posted:

Purple Beer is a tiny, under developed, and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Jewish ethnicity whose religion is Voodoo. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'.

Seems about right.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 26, 2014

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

When your application is processed you'll be herded into Goon Camp where you'll learn what to do in order to attack nerds. The academy is very easy and most of it has to do with fighting anyway. Ask for money on IRC and in your training thread. People will give it to you.

emmie
Jan 13, 2014

Signed up on forums and for the game

this looks okay

wow people are actively recruiting i just got some spam telling me to join atlas

edit: I have two million dongs this is my dream

emmie fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 26, 2014

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Please share any interesting (and by interesting I mean horrible) recruitment messages you get from other alliances so we can laugh at them together.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Want dongs? I've got dongs. Dongs by the truckload. Dongs by the millionful. DONGS EVERYWHERE

Post your link and i'll make it rain (2 slots open)

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I've forgotten (as I hardly engage in CN politics) but where do you guys stand in CN politics right now? Friends, enemies, all that sort of stuff.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hajj Podge posted:

Please share any interesting (and by interesting I mean horrible) recruitment messages you get from other alliances so we can laugh at them together.

quote:

To: Randalor From: Malkavian Date: 6/20/2014 1:15:40 PM

Subject: Hello

Message: I'm a representative from Team Fancy, a new and hip Cyber Nations alliance of entrepreneurial spirited folks who come together to make something special! Please consider joining Team Fancy!

What you'll get in return:

a) Protection from our friends, GOONS.

b) An application to the ASN program to grow your small nation within a respectable amount of time.

c) An introduction to the OWF (the community forum).

d) Guides and trades guilds to help your nation maximize profits and make you a learned nation.

The alliance theme is everything pop-culture and funky fresh! If you have any questions or concerns, or if you'd simply like chatting, please return this message!

XOXO,
Malkavian,
Fancy Feast

P.S. If you'd like to discuss this live, please head over to our IRC channel, #cnfancy!

Who is this strange man, why is he kissing me, and why do I have the urge to implement a scorched earth policy with him? This is the only really notable message I've gotten, the others are mostly just boilerplate "Hey join X group. We can help you out" messages.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Hazdoc posted:

I've forgotten (as I hardly engage in CN politics) but where do you guys stand in CN politics right now? Friends, enemies, all that sort of stuff.

Currently we're allied to Umbrella, The Order of the Paradox, Viridian Entente and Sparta. We have some pissant protectorate too. Mushroom Kingdom disbanded last summer. Complaints and Grievances, the bloc of four alliances we used to be allied to, has gone completely mentally retarded and has split off to align themselves with the New Pacific Order, R&R and NATO. The International left C&G because of that horrible decision making in the bloc and is currently tied to our side of the web but also holds onto their ODN treaty, hence tying them to C&G and they have a treaty with The Phoenix Federation (which still exists yeah I know it's loving sad and as much of a shell as you'd expect TPF to be) which ties them into NPO's sphere as well. Our friends in Umbrella are allied to a couple of AZTEC alliances. AZTEC is one of the new, emerging power brokers in the game.

IRON, currently the largest alliance in the game, tried loving over both coalitions for both sides during the last war and is being protected by AZTEC while people behind the scenes are trying to frame the war IRON organized, planned and subsequently did gently caress over both sides by doing really dumb poo poo, on TOP. Valhalla reformed and during the last war signed an agreement with the New Pacific Order to not actually fight them so Valhalla and the New Pacific Order could spare themselves from taking too much damage. Valhalla basically hosed everyone on the Pacific front on IRON's behalf. And yet somehow Valhalla and IRON still exist as anything other than rubble today. The New Pacific Order is rumored to be making a play against the New Polar Order due to a very lame rivalry between the two alliances. Also probably because Polar and their friends beat the poo poo out of Pacific and their friends.

I'm not sure what our plan is for the future since I quit doing government poo poo about two or three months ago. You'll just have to take it on faith that Milton and Sardonic aren't going to put us in a really lovely position where we have to choose between two sides.

Baron of Bad News fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 28, 2014

MSPaintClock
Dec 30, 2006

FF7 rules.
I remember somehow starting a whole fiasco involving the Turkish player base and trolling them with "Atajerk"

Blue Rupie
Mar 25, 2013

MSPaintClock posted:

I remember somehow starting a whole fiasco involving the Turkish player base and trolling them with "Atajerk"

Romeo Charlie posted:

Nope. The game you're thinking of is erepublik.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Randalor posted:

Who is this strange man, why is he kissing me, and why do I have the urge to implement a scorched earth policy with him? This is the only really notable message I've gotten, the others are mostly just boilerplate "Hey join X group. We can help you out" messages.

He is rank two in his AA with a strength of 9000.

You can smack this bitch around in...a week? Tops?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm in the New Polar Order (been with them just before we got hit by IRON/TOP a while back), I'm just terribly out of touch with politics nowadays though I'm well aware of the mutual tension with us and Pacifica. The only time I cared about politics was... I want to say 6+ years ago, I used to be a council member in ACDC before the unjust war, on black team. I think we were allied (in some way) to goons back then (but I remember things being a hell of a lot different with goons then).

I used to be on a side that hated polaris to being IN polaris. This game is very strange sometimes. And its actually alive again! Admin making things happen sure is a nice thing to see. I hope this game really picks back up, I might start paying attention again.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Why the gently caress does this thread still exist holy poo poo. gently caress you.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hajj Podge posted:

Currently we're allied to Umbrella, The Order of the Paradox, Viridian Entente and Sparta. We have some pissant protectorate too. Mushroom Kingdom disbanded last summer. Complaints and Grievances, the bloc of four alliances we used to be allied to, has gone completely mentally retarded and has split off to align themselves with the New Pacific Order, R&R and NATO. The International left C&G because of that horrible decision making in the bloc and is currently tied to our side of the web but also holds onto their ODN treaty, hence tying them to C&G and they have a treaty with The Phoenix Federation (which still exists yeah I know it's loving sad and as much of a shell as you'd expect TPF to be) which ties them into NPO's sphere as well. Our friends in Umbrella are allied to a couple of AZTEC alliances. AZTEC is one of the new, emerging power brokers in the game.

IRON, currently the largest alliance in the game, tried loving over both coalitions for both sides during the last war and is being protected by AZTEC while people behind the scenes are trying to frame the war IRON organized, planned and subsequently did gently caress over both sides by doing really dumb poo poo, on TOP. Valhalla reformed and during the last war signed an agreement with the New Pacific Order to not actually fight them so Valhalla and the New Pacific Order could spare themselves from taking too much damage. Valhalla basically hosed everyone on the Pacific front on IRON's behalf. And yet somehow Valhalla and IRON still exist as anything other than rubble today. The New Pacific Order is rumored to be making a play against the New Polar Order due to a very lame rivalry between the two alliances. Also probably because Polar and their friends beat the poo poo out of Pacific and their friends.

I'm not sure what our plan is for the future since I quit doing government poo poo about two or three months ago. You'll just have to take it on faith that Milton and Sardonic aren't going to put us in a really lovely position where we have to choose between two sides.

Most of this makes sense, but who is NpO allied to on either of the large sides? Or are they more of a separate faction entirely?

EDIT2: I suck at reading wikis.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 30, 2014

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Mark Brouhard posted:

Why the gently caress does this thread still exist holy poo poo. gently caress you.

Well, this game is still a game, so...
I guess it is because sometimes people like to talk about games they play on the internet.

The Shortest Path posted:

Most of this makes sense, but who is NpO allied to on either of the large sides? Or are they more of a separate faction entirely?

Sparta, Fark, CCC, TOP, MCXA, and a couple others. If Goons are buddies with Sparta, it could be amusing to see you guys join in on our side if a war with NPO comes to be.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 30, 2014

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Mark Brouhard posted:

Get bent, nerd.

Edit:

The Shortest Path posted:

NpO has their own power sphere. They're in a bloc with Sparta, Fark and the Mostly Harmless Alliance. They have treaties with a bunch of other alliances like NADC, Legion, CCC (spreadsheet christians), MCXA, etc. Basically a bunch of alliances that have never been anything on their own either since the early days of the game or ever in their entire existence. Their only significant ally outside of their bloc is one that essentially saved Polar from being the alliance being beaten down last war to the alliance who performed the beat down, is The Order of the Paradox. The TOP-NpO treaty changed the political dynamic following the Pacific Order and IRON's victory over Doom House (MK, Umbrella, GOONS et al.) back in early 2013. Pacific's former leader, a loud mouthed, ego maniacal, sociopathic autist made it very easy for the coalition he built to attack us back in 2013 to walk sideways from him and his lovely alliance due to trampling all over the various desires of his coalition. So that led to NpO signing with TOP and then TOP-NpO beating the gently caress out of NPO, which leads us to today where AZTEC is protecting a backstabbing, garbage alliance like IRON from being put in their place while a bunch of other nerds play the blame game like school children.

Baron of Bad News fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 30, 2014

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Hajj Podge posted:

NpO has their own power sphere. They're in a bloc with Sparta, Fark and the Mostly Harmless Alliance. They have treaties with a bunch of other alliances like NADC, Legion, CCC (spreadsheet christians), MCXA, etc. Basically a bunch of alliances that have never been anything on their own either since the early days of the game or ever in their entire existence. Their only significant ally outside of their bloc is one that essentially saved Polar from being the alliance being beaten down last war to the alliance who performed the beat down, is The Order of the Paradox. The TOP-NpO treaty changed the political dynamic following the Pacific Order and IRON's victory over Doom House (MK, Umbrella, GOONS et al.) back in early 2013. Pacific's former leader, a loud mouthed, ego maniacal, sociopathic autist made it very easy for the coalition he built to attack us back in 2013 to walk sideways from him and his lovely alliance due to trampling all over the various desires of his coalition. So that led to NpO signing with TOP and then TOP-NpO beating the gently caress out of NPO, which leads us to today where AZTEC is protecting a backstabbing, garbage alliance like IRON from being put in their place while a bunch of other nerds play the blame game like school children.

Yeah sure, but why is GOONS allied to Sparta? They are literally poo poo.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Because due to MK disbanding and changes in the political dynamics over the last 18 months, the bloc Sparta is in is important to our long term interests just as having ties to us is important for them. Basically C&G and XX have switched places. Quite literally.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Sparta, specifically, proved their fighting capability in the previous conflict, they have come a long way.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I played with some people in college back in 2006, never did much. I went to play with you guys about a year ago maybe two, and kept rolling lovely rear end resources and stopped trying after a month or so of rerolling. With resource rerolling built into the game sounds like fun. Apping as pixaal. I haven't played with that name, so you don't have to worry about any bad blood from college if you actually cared about stuff 8 years ago from an account long gone.

I'm pretty sure my current resources are lemons but gently caress it I'll worry about trade later since its now fixable.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pixaal posted:

I'm pretty sure my current resources are lemons but gently caress it I'll worry about trade later since its now fixable.

That's exactly the right attitude to have. Resources can now be changed once a month. If you change before getting into a trade circle, you're SOL, but if you wait till you're in one you can just freely switch to whatever that circle needs.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Applied as The Glimmer Man. Long live Seagalistan

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You guys should watch out for the Phoenix Federation. I hear they're going to make a big comeback soon.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Applied as Literally Shaking, because I need something else to do at work besides work.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

You guys should watch out for the Phoenix Federation. I hear they're going to make a big comeback soon.

Are they going to harass people in the real world about poo poo that is none of their business or right to know again? Or are they going to betray the NPO in their hour of need? (comedy option)

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
yeah the number of people who play this game is nowhere near 10k, this is basically one big medium-sized circle jerk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hajj Podge posted:

Are they going to harass people in the real world about poo poo that is none of their business or right to know again? Or are they going to betray the NPO in their hour of need? (comedy option)
I have no idea what any of this means. It was a joke about their name.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Ajaxify posted:

Want dongs? I've got dongs. Dongs by the truckload. Dongs by the millionful. DONGS EVERYWHERE

Post your link and i'll make it rain (2 slots open)

I'd love dongs please, some dude (apparently a career goon harasser) has smashed me down to 870 nation strength :argh:

e: nation link might be handy: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=555619

PTizzle fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 6, 2014

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PTizzle posted:

I'd love dongs please, some dude (apparently a career goon harasser) has smashed me down to 870 nation strength :argh:

If he's giving you problems get on IRC and or post on the AA forums. Goons should give you enough dong to take a bath in them.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

pixaal posted:

If he's giving you problems get on IRC and or post on the AA forums. Goons should give you enough dong to take a bath in them.

I think they're sorting him out at the moment, he's getting pummelled judging by his nation strength going down rapidly. I did sign up for the ASN thing on the forums but I'm waiting for someone to accept.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hajj Podge posted:

Goddamn, I remember all that garbage about Norden Verein (or however the gently caress their name was spelled). I'm pretty sure that's what drove me out of the game the first time, actually, was my complete disgust at most of the people who just kind of rolled with that.

I mean, even if Kaiser Martens really was the most abominable piece of human poo poo on the face of the planet, there are lines that really just shouldn't be crossed, and that event set a lot of precedence for just ignoring those lines.

EngineerSean posted:

yeah the number of people who play this game is nowhere near 10k, this is basically one big medium-sized circle jerk

There are definitely 10k+ players, most of them just don't log on more than once every 20 days.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 7, 2014

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

PTizzle posted:

e: nation link might be handy: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=555619

Dongs sent! If you still need more when that aid expires, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Ajaxify posted:

Dongs sent! If you still need more when that aid expires, let me know.

Thanks mate! Do you need any tech?

• Locked thread