Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Except for some reason women really like it.

"Go get me a popsicle- it might be the last thing you do :D" *Guy going to get popsicle smiles, goes to get popsicle, GETS KILLED*

Plus there's a lot of rape by characters that you're supposed to like. Rapists are the ones you're supposed to pity and root for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i dunno it's nice to see white people in prison for once

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's like minority and lgbt hullabalooza. You don't need to look at anything beyond the surface.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

It's like minority and lgbt hullabalooza. You don't need to look at anything beyond the surface.

I think the writers think they're writing something more grandiose than they actually are. The characters are bad, the writing is worse.

Tamburlaine
Mar 16, 2014
i haven't seen this show what is it about

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Tamburlaine posted:

i haven't seen this show what is it about

Halloween

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I made it through a few episodes before I realized the great truth of the thread title. Glad someone made this thread so no one else has to suffer the way I did.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Oz was better

way more dicks

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
im engaged

by this show

but alone irl

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is it about oompaloompas

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

theres a lot of dumb things us dudes like too but it doesnt get criticised along the same gendered lines. check your priv

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

VikingSkull posted:

Oz was better

way more dicks

'McManus comes up with a way to improve the prison that ends up making the prison worse' will never not be funny to me. Seriously, man, if someone got their Achilles' tendon sliced open during prison basketball, what makes you think someone won't die horrifically during prison boxing?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I liked the first season, the first half was good. Then it became boring and I don't know about season two.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Naerasa posted:

'McManus comes up with a way to improve the prison that ends up making the prison worse' will never not be funny to me. Seriously, man, if someone got their Achilles' tendon sliced open during prison basketball, what makes you think someone won't die horrifically during prison boxing?

is that show still good or has it dated?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

It looks a little dated visually, but it's still fun.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Not enough fantasy politics for me

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
not enough Adibisi's hat

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
voice of Patti Mayonnaise from DOUG stars as a yogi/former alcoholic who shoots a kid that runs into her marijuana field because he's running away from home since his parents took his nintendo whats not to like

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
agreed op

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

are any of the netflix series except lilyhammer actually good?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Grin and Tonic posted:

voice of Patti Mayonnaise from DOUG stars as a yogi/former alcoholic who shoots a kid that runs into her marijuana field because he's running away from home since his parents took his nintendo whats not to like

Does Jenji No Laughs just use mad libs to write scripts

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Not mutually exclusive. It's pretty dated but the actors are still great and the script is still ridiculous.

Combat Scarf
Jun 21, 2006

INTERVENTION! INTERVENTION!

Bastastic posted:

House of Cards is awesome.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC
House of Cards is terrible. Kevin Spacey steamrolling a bunch of cardboard cutout people. I don't understand how it gets so much acclaim. The only good thing about the show is the production and cinematography.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Bastastic posted:

Arrested Development was pretty good, IMO.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Bastastic posted:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
i just imagine it all takes place within the doug* universe

*disney's doug

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
jerkoff authoritarians can now see what happens to the Bad Guys after the heroic cops on all the other shows put them away!

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
OitNB is like a sitcom but none of the characters are likeable and the laugh track is removed. Same goes for Suits, gently caress that show is bad.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Prallax Litovsk posted:

OitNB is like a sitcom but none of the characters are likeable and the laugh track is removed. Same goes for Suits, gently caress that show is bad.

Seriously i want every character to die, but i kinda like it for that reason.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
90% of tv is utter garbage

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
People keep telling me to watch Oitnb but I'm abstaining because I don't like being told what to do.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This is a rare show in that none of the characters are either interesting or sympathetic. It's just dumb people doing dumb poo poo and loving themselves over further.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Now that I've heard it's bad I might try an episode or two.

e: lol no I won't

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Blue Steel posted:

House of Cards is terrible. Kevin Spacey steamrolling a bunch of cardboard cutout people. I don't understand how it gets so much acclaim. The only good thing about the show is the production and cinematography.

realtalk right here. and kevin spacey's character isn't likeable in any way whatsoever, he's just a machiavellian rear end in a top hat with ill-defined motivations. even walter white was more relatable. i mean i did stop watching after six episodes, but i think i gave it a reasonable chance

also the politics are so unrealistic. and not even in a lol cartoony over-the-top way. you can tell the people who write the show really think politics is that simple and stupid. like the creator of the show was even on colbert once and he blamed the most recent government shutdown on the fact that the democrats didn't compromise

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
MENDEZ IS BACK, BITCHES

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Benedick Cuckold posted:

realtalk right here. and kevin spacey's character isn't likeable in any way whatsoever, he's just a machiavellian rear end in a top hat with ill-defined motivations. even walter white was more relatable. i mean i did stop watching after six episodes, but i think i gave it a reasonable chance

also the politics are so unrealistic. and not even in a lol cartoony over-the-top way. you can tell the people who write the show really think politics is that simple and stupid. like the creator of the show was even on colbert once and he blamed the most recent government shutdown on the fact that the democrats didn't compromise

Isn't House of Cards like literally Richard III though?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

yeah but they reference a bunch of modern american events and political situations and try to make those parts realistic but utterly fail at it

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

That's an apt comparison I think. And it's really good but not as some accurate depiction of politics, especially the second season which jumps a couple sharks.

Blue Steel posted:

Yeah that's about right, except for the terrible part.

OitnB is pretty loving bad but I could see how it could be a guilty pleasure show to watch. I made it through like 5 episodes I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Benedick Cuckold posted:

yeah but they reference a bunch of modern american events and political situations and try to make those parts realistic but utterly fail at it

Yeah! Plus I think that maybe John Cena and Randy Orton don't actually hate each other. I think the matches are fixed and they aren't really trying to hurt one another!

• Locked thread