Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

Slingshot Braves is a free to play single player and co-op RPG on iOS and Android which uses a battle system that's a combination of Pool and Puzzle Bobble and a little Quest 64. Its upgrading system is pretty deep, and the battles can be challenging at times making for a great mobile RPG.

You can get it here in iTunes App Store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slingshot-braves/id857514427?mt=8

Google Play link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.enslingshot

Gameplay

The game is built into two sections; single player questing, and online and local co-op. Playing a match consumes energy from your energy bar, but leveling your account refills your energy and increases its maximum capacity.

As you can see, running out of energy is almost impossible unless you lose a lot of matches. When you lose, all energy spent on the quest will be lost and no experience or items will be aquired.

Coins and gems are the in game Currency. If you save up 5 gems you can spend them on a random item drop that has a chance of giving you rare item. Gems can be purchased for $1 a piece or earned by login bonuses or completing the story mode.

During battle you earn coins which are used to pay for the cost of upgrading your equipment. You also get random drops of materials which are used for actually upgrading your gear. There are five types of materials: bone, wood, iron, fragment, and crystal.

When you wear items that are the same material you get a synergy boost which boosts your overall stats:

In later stages of the game the synergy boost becomes too good to ignore.

Battle

The objective of Slingshot is to build your combo by hitting enemies and also hitting your other character in the same turn. By hitting the other player you pass the combo on and even keep it through rounds. Failure to keep a combo will result in a combo loss and rage quitting! Combos add a lot of damage to your attacks!

Weapons

There are five types of weapons so try them all out to see what you like most. The Lance does a piercing attack that causes no threat, staff is a large AOE attack in a cone area, hammer is the same in a circular area, fists attack twice per bounce, swords attack once per bounce but combo easily.

How to play with Goons?

When at the main screen hit the friend button. Once in the friend sub menu you should be able to edit your profile and invite code. In your profile you should put something goon related so people will know when choosing a co-op partner as that and your gear is all they can see. I would also suggest posting your invite code in this thread to get more followers which you can message to start co-op matches privately. Additionally, you can invite someone to play with you which only costs the host of the gam energy (the person sending the invite is always host). This requires them to either be on the same wi-fi, on twitter, kik, or email. If you feel comfortable using those feel free to post them here as well.

My invite code is GOONSHOT

First OP in a while so please let me know if I left out anything important.

INSERT COIN fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
In as Potator. Invite code is LPOTATOR

Started main as spear, but will probably change weapons if I find enough equipment of another element.

One of my support characters has fists and she goes nuts when trapped between some enemies.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Meh, I'm not playing a F2P currently so I'll give it a shot. How does this compare to that D&D (shooter?) game that came out a while back?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
This is pretty fun, is there a big incentive to IAP here or is it chill as a F2P game?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

FrickenMoron posted:

This is pretty fun, is there a big incentive to IAP here or is it chill as a F2P game?

There doesn't seem to be much to do with the IAP and it looks incredibly expensive.

The Gacha chest costs 5 gem and I've only gotten B class items in the few times I've used it with free gems.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ive managed to get an A class bone helm out of it. So, how do these map pieces work, are they random drops?

Btw more goons should play this, it's quite fun.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

I'm sad that this game went under my radar when it released a month ago.

My ID is Rem and friend code is ALPACAS, I think.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Is there any equipment that is Fragment type? I've only seen Horn, Metal, Wood, and Ore equipment so far.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ive found some random crystal equips so far. The gacha just gave me an A rank claw thats featured, so I feel pretty lucky! So far: Claws and Swords are really good, as are lances. Hammers and staff seem to suck hard.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

FrickenMoron posted:

Ive found some random crystal equips so far. The gacha just gave me an A rank claw thats featured, so I feel pretty lucky! So far: Claws and Swords are really good, as are lances. Hammers and staff seem to suck hard.

The crystal type is ore. :iiam:

I find hammer is good against plants, but completely sucks against the charging bulls.

Fists are nuts if you can get it bouncing.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
When does an invite code give you a stone? I was just curious if you can quickly get the 20 stones by making bluestacks clone accounts.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

in as Drmaniac invite code is /85ljgtjl

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

FrickenMoron posted:

When does an invite code give you a stone? I was just curious if you can quickly get the 20 stones by making bluestacks clone accounts.

Think the gem I got from Insert Coin's code was waiting in the presents once the tutorial stopped forcing things.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Whats this about facebook linking? I think I said no when it first came up, but it gives you rewards, right?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

FrickenMoron posted:

Whats this about facebook linking? I think I said no when it first came up, but it gives you rewards, right?

Not sure about facebook, but in Menu>Result I had the option to link to google+ on android. This allowed achievements that gave me a heap of free gems.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah I've already done that. I guess A rank is the best stuff you can roll?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

FrickenMoron posted:

Yeah I've already done that. I guess A rank is the best stuff you can roll?

B rank for me. :smith:

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

FrickenMoron posted:

Hammers and Staves are AoE. One swing hits twice and if you swing once before you bounce off a teammate you can swing again for 4 times your AoE targets. I can get 100 combo and clear the entire room in one turn sometimes.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
But a hammer cant swing more than once. Once you attack your round is over.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

FrickenMoron posted:

I haven't tried hammer, but it works with staves. If your teammate has a combo counter up you can swing at a monster, bounce to him and and back for a second swing.

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

For the hammer to hit twice you need to hit the enemy then bounce to your other hero that is currently holding the combo or else it won't proc twice.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Name: Rather
Invite Code: RATHERWT

I'm using a hammer right now, but I drew a Grand Wing for my free draw, so once I get some A equips I'll be looking at that.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
OK I'm in as SANink, invite code is the same I think. What is the best way to spend Gems anyway? Should I be saving them for anything?

Might want to add the google play version to the OP https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.enslingshot

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

Ninkobei posted:

OK I'm in as SANink, invite code is the same I think. What is the best way to spend Gems anyway? Should I be saving them for anything?

Might want to add the google play version to the OP https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.enslingshot

Save gems for the gatcha system. I will add that link now, thanks!

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I love the F2P game of the month and my invite code is Asssssss

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Someone used my friend code to sign up and it gave me 5 gems.

Used the Gacha and got A rank Brave Armor. That triggered the artifact achievement and gave me another gem. Brought me up to 5, so I used the Gacha again and got A rank Temple Garments.

Only problem is both are metal, so can only use the Brave Armor at the moment.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Potator i was your friend in PAD and Dragon Pusher so I used your code. Anyway coop is free for the weekend (?) so everybody do that until it isn't anymore! Also if anyone figures out how to play with other specific people let me know please.

e: it's frozen on me twice in 20 minutes yikes!

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 14, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there any effective way to farm those exp items? Im currently doing that money coop dungeon.

Edit: Just got a B rank metal armor from the gacha thats literally useless because my starter one was better, thanks!

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 14, 2014

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Is there any effective way to farm those exp items? Im currently doing that money coop dungeon.

What items? The best way to farm exp is by doing solo missions on the world map. Find one you're comfortable with and farm it. Most co-op quests only reward 20-25 exp per round. The solo missions grant around 90 exp per run.

Another thing worth noting is the equipment cost. Each item has a value and your account has an item cost limit attached to it. This means that if you are a low level you won't be able to wear a lot of your equipment on all your characters without leveling. Each time you level you earn 2 points towards your overall equipment load. Which is shared between all three characters.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The materials to level up weapons. Im doing quite well on everything else pretty much.

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

The materials to level up weapons. Im doing quite well on everything else pretty much.

Oh! Each day of the week they have a daily quest that only drop a specific material. E.g. Thursdays are bone day so the daily quest will have bone drop rate bonuses. They are only available mon-fri and are accessible on the quest button from the world map.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
In as DontMind, with invite code DONTMM

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Stopped playing a few weeks ago because no one I knew was playing. Time to start again I guess!

In as Raglush, invite code is RAGLUSH as well.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is it normal to die a lot in the first area? I'm on the 8th stage and I can't go a single mission without dying. But I dont have enough materials to upgrade my stuff to max yet. For my first 4 pulls I managed an A Lance, which is cool, but then I get two B staves and a B helmet. Gotta say, for a pull that is supposed to be worth $5, that is pretty underwhelming. I wish there was a way to tell it what type of gear I wanted too, because nothing sucks more than getting the wrong synergy type.

e: I guess my beginner thing wore off so I'm pretty sure I cant proceed with these quests and will probably have to go back a few stages to survive. Is there a good farming area for lowbies?

Setset fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 15, 2014

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Might need to coop for more mats mate this "game" is grindy AF!!! *bows* I'm ASSSSSSS

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Just started the game. What does sing friends get you? Names goontune id goon1234

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The special material farming quests have reopened.

Today is fragments and they seem to only be useful for evolving. Use them to upgrade any equipment.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I cant do any coop anymore! Every time I try to connect with another player I just get a black screen and the game locks up.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I started playing this and the co-op is quite fun. My invite code is GOONSJOIN! Username is SAzeesik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Farmed the fragments event quest and upgraded my equipment, but now I'm out of gold. :smith:

e: The easiest quest can drop A rank materials and they sell for 2k, but only give 300 exp. Sell the extra A rank mats instead of using them for upgrading.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 16, 2014

• Locked thread