Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Thus far the available evidence suggests that nobody in any country gives a poo poo about flyweights, regardless of their nationality.

That sucks, I'm a pretty casual fan and I love flyweight fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

fatherdog posted:

Thus far the available evidence suggests that nobody in any country gives a poo poo about flyweights, regardless of their nationality.

I wonder if they could get Mighty Mouse a shine if they booked a double main event with someone people actually cared about. What if they did Mighty Mouse vs. anyone as co-main on a Ronda card?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1st AD posted:

I wonder if they could get Mighty Mouse a shine if they booked a double main event with someone people actually cared about. What if they did Mighty Mouse vs. anyone as co-main on a Ronda card?

What if they just did Mighty Mouse vs. Ronda instead :getin:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

colonel_korn posted:

What if they just did Mighty Mouse vs. Ronda instead :getin:

I would pay so much money for that to happen.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Arguably every MM card has had somebody casual fans care about more in the co-main; this is the first time he'll be carrying a ppv on his own. I really hope it does well because flyweights own and MM owns, but based on prior experience and general levels of "star power" I'm not optimistic.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

MacDougall posted:

You think Phillips is a lock against Valerie?

I thought Valerie was good? Then again she lost to The Happy Warrior on Tuf right?

Yeah for some dumb reason she let Roxy take her down, and Roxy is actually a good grappler. Her only strength.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Interesting how in that embedded schaub talks bout how arlovski has never been submitted. Interestingly also that schaub thinks he will win anything in this life.

Why the hell is rener gracie his coach didn't he see Metamoris? I mean anyone who was in a BJJ camp should have disowned the man.

I really like how Ali carries himself. I don't know how this fight will go honesty because MM is on another level but I Really like Ali's personality and the way he carries himself. I hope it is a fun fight and I don't doubt that will happen.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 14, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Meowbot posted:

Why the hell is rener gracie his coach didn't he see Metamoris? I mean anyone who was in a BJJ camp should have disowned the man.

He's been training with Rener ever since he left Grudge, which has been a while.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Hoping for Woodley to knock some sense into MacDonald, then bash it out

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Arguably every MM card has had somebody casual fans care about more in the co-main; this is the first time he'll be carrying a ppv on his own. I really hope it does well because flyweights own and MM owns, but based on prior experience and general levels of "star power" I'm not optimistic.

Was Arlovski ever a PPV mover?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ninja PD posted:

Was Arlovski ever a PPV mover?

Arlovski's PPV fights were so long ago that they're not really relevant info in that regard.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Szymanski posted:

Hoping for Woodley to knock some sense into MacDonald, then bash it out

how long into the fight until Rogan starts grandstanding about how dudes with big muscles have diminishing returns?

two minutes? three?

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
30 seconds after calling Woodley explosive

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

-Atom- posted:

how long into the fight until Rogan starts grandstanding about how dudes with big muscles have diminishing returns?

two minutes? three?

It will happen in the walkout.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

fatherdog posted:

I think it has a better chance than BW/FW has had since they were being ruled by non-english speaking champions and a non-fighting champion (Cruz). I think it would've been a world of a difference if Urijah had gotten the UFC title in either division.

Since getting the FOX spotlight MM has been reliable for sick fights, finishes, charismatic mic work and lots of media. A huge difference from what Barao and Aldo have been providing. It won't happen overnight, but I like MM's chances of converting FOX viewers to PPV buyers if he can keep his streak going regardless of how interesting his opponent is.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
MMMMMDJ is a really awesome guy in every way. I don't know what more he could do, people just don't respect lighter weight MMA fighters. I don't think he has it in him to play a role the way Chael can, he's too nice and too calm and collected.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
theoretically if he ices Bagautinov the way he did Benavidez then they can try pitching him as a knockout artist but what they should really do is just make a video of Rogan saying "holy poo poo. he's so fast. he's so loving fast." for 30 seconds and put it on tv

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Finally, I can post this picture in a UFC thread

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
THIS. GUY. IS. SPEEDY.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

These new countdown videos full of goony mma "journalists" talking about the fighters are terrible. Please UFC, have mercy. I want to get hyped and I absolutely do not want to watch a series of morbidly obese men talk about cardio. I mean why do you think I watch this sport, come on. The old little mini-documentaries were so loving awesome and they are still partly mini-documentaries but so much fat guy talk time, so much.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Psyched to watch my homeboy Roland Delorme own a japaner today

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
this guy looks like he means business

mewse
May 2, 2006

Shockley looks like a homeless person

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Guy is fighting out of Prince Edward Island? Don't they have a population of like 10 people? How the gently caress can they have a fight gym?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mewse posted:

And not a threatening one.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
How is Saggo fighting with no tattoos?

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Why are people STILL getting tribal tats?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

mewse posted:

spent more money on tattoos than housing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Boston Pizza sounds terrible.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that was cool

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

This is a neat little grapple fest so far.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I'm imagining the crowd chanting "Sega! Sega! Sega!" and it makes me happy

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Tribal tattoos are actually kinda expensive too because of how stupidly long they take. Good life decision by this dude.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pretty classic grappler vs hobo match so far

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Good BJJ positional battle going on here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was a great round.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm imagining the crowd chanting "Sega! Sega! Sega!" and it makes me happy

The Dreamcast is making a comeback. Life is good.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that felt like a fight to get into the TUF house

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
You can buy this fight on Bum Fights Volume 4 coming to you soon on VHS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dana give this man a bonus for getting those dreadlocks off my television

• Locked thread