Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ralp
y
n
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You can vote yes or no. You can also post reasons as to why you do or dont want him to have authority over you in this thread. Thread rule: you cant say hes a dirty stinky friend of the family or a horrible little jewish gremlin or anything like that. You have to post that kind of thing in FYAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I think getting rid of him would be even worse, ceteris paribus. You have to get rid of what turned him from ralp 2 years ago to ralp today.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 13, 2014

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012

Jeffrey posted:

You have to get rid of what turned him from ralp 2 years to ralp today.

Well uhh... <pulls on collar> I think uhh... you might have hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
posting in a honeypot

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Just so everyone knows: I voted no. if you think thats biased or indicative of this thread being part of some sort of anti-ralp agenda, then u may subtract one "no" from the total number of votes/.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i voted no because i dont think that toilets should have authority over anyone

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like Ralp has made choices in his career as an administrator that have not resulted in a better forums experience, and furthermore, that he carries a negative image that reflects on the forum moderation poorly.

I do not believe, necessarily, that the only way to fix this would be his removal as an administrator, as I believe that all people can change, for the better.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Jeffrey posted:

I think getting rid of him would be even worse, ceteris parabis. You have to get rid of what turned him from ralp 2 years ago to ralp today.

unfortunately, i dont think anyones ever going to "get rid of him". this survey isnt really going to change anything but you can use the results for it as a referenece when making various arguments for or against ralp in other threads. U can also PM the thread link to hjim and call him a gay gently caress tard with terminal soul AIDS, although u do so at your own risk.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ralp posted:

Any of the gray forums really. Like, the GUNS forum is where you can post about guns. Posting about posts is fundamentally different from posting about guns, even if you're posting about POSTS about guns. Posts about guns are probably interesting to people who care about guns, but posts about posts aren't going to be interesting to anyone who doesn't already care about those posts, so those conversations just become rapidly completely insular and self-centered and unwelcoming. (This very thread is already very insular by its nature so it gets some leeway on that stuff, but maybe that is why it seems like a huge kneejerk crackdown when someone does step over the ill-defined line..?) I actually do like posts about posts which is why I like QCS and FYAD but please, I beg of all 186523 goons, don't metapost in the gray forums.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I voted "Yes".

Michael Arlowe
Feb 19, 2011

and your a little faggot that has no friends , you retarded mushroom
Ralp is my friend.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I used my rights to vote.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I reserve the right not to incriminate myself, op.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
forming the moveonralp superpac, please send me your anonymous donations via steam, tia

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I reserve the right not to incriminate myself, op.

thats perfectly understandable due to the fact that admins can presumably see who voted in a poll and what they voted for.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

thats perfectly understandable due to the fact that admins can presumably see who voted in a poll and what they voted for.

they cant ban all of us... can they? *camera cuts to ralp clicking on this thread and slowly scrolling it down*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ralp is out of control

also he may be dirty or friend of the family

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Can Ralp please step down while this thread is up, so people can vote without being harassed?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

ralp is out of control

also he may be dirty or friend of the family

I understand that u may feel this way but I have to stress once again that this is not the thread to call ralp a dirty friend of the family in. Im sorry, but I dont want to encourage the kind of discussion thaat will lead to this thread being locked and the vote stopped before a big enough sample is acquired.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Don't worry Ralp, I voted [b]Yes[/b[

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

every vote makes a difference

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I encourage posters to vote Yes.

Nog
May 15, 2006

ralp irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I encourage posters to vote Yes.

its up to the individual.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ralp

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I don't care for his dismissive attitude. Frankly, it pisses me off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

he should go to a place where he would be more welcomed, that is, the madhouse, because he is mentally ill

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
I feel like I don't have sufficient information to vote. Could someone give me a summary of the bad or good things Ralp has done?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
So far I don't feel like I have enough information to call Ralp a dirty friend of the family but rest assured if I did, I would do it in FYAD, where it's OK to do that sort of thing.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Can Ralp please step down while this thread is up, so people can vote without being harassed?

Yes, but don't worry Ralp, only for the duration of this vote. Once the polls are closed you can resume your seat of power and then ban all dissenters. I think we can all agree that is fair and just.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

If Ralp's duty to the forums is to be like a vacuum for the general dislike the userbase feels towards the admins, in other words to be hated by everyone, then he is doing admirably.

If it is anything else, such as deciding who is probated or banned, I don't think he should be the one doing it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

he should go to a place where he would be more welcomed, that is, byob, because he is mentally ill

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

hes a dirty stinky friend of the family and a horrible little jewish gremlin

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

in case someone tries to fix the voting process by switching the names of the options as of right now there are 15 yes and 50 no

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

You are part of the problem.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This thread makes me kind of depressed. There was a time when ralp was actually a good contributor to this site, why do people instantly making rash moderating decisions when put in power? Was the desire to ban people who made fun of him in the wrong forum always there, or is there something else going on? I feel like this is a portal into the future where everyone wants Koos to be de-adminned because he bans people for liking baseball or something.

EDIT: To be clear, I still think he is better than average at the task.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 13, 2014

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ralp I said again

Ralp
Ralp
ralp ralp

a desert stretches to the horizon in all directions, sand tanned by the sun, dunes pitted like beaten copper
the sky is electric blue, matte, and featureless, like a tv tuned to no signal
a prairie dog peeks over the rim of its barrow
a girl cries softly

r a l p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think Ralp has made quite a few bad bans since becoming an admin and I'd like it if he took QCS a little more seriously, but in a website that has modded and/or adminned the likes of Abe, Toby, Brother Jonathan, Eggplant Wizard, et cetera and so forth, I can't really work up a whole lot of negative feelings towards him. I just wish he'd be a little less ban-happy and a little more serious about the role of QCS (not too serious though because then you end up like the aforementioned bad mods).

So I'm not voting because while I don't really like the guy I don't really dislike him either.

• Locked thread