Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ralp
y
n
View Results

• Locked thread
Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

jackyl posted:

I'm still trying to work out why I should be angry at the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
There's a lot of anger and bad attitudes in QCS, and I hope we may one day go back to having positive vibes.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

There's a lot of anger and bad attitudes in QCS, and I hope we may one day go back to having positive vibes.

i appreciate this post

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

There's a forum specifically designed for this mindset. You should check it out.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

There's a forum specifically designed for this mindset. You should check it out.

It does not do a good job.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Ralp gay

Also Twee is like the worst poster for years

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Ralp Gay

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Doing real-deal bans over jokes is no good. I can elaborate on this idea.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol that ralp has been so retarded about pedos he's now been made to look like a defender of them by lowtax

KewlBiens
Nov 21, 2007

by Lowtax
Somebody explain why they like Ralp.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
hello i think ralp is bad and gay like most of the admins/mods okay thanks

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
what did ralp do tho??

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

KewlBiens posted:

Somebody explain why they like Ralp.

Ralp sends me the good lolicon pics via pm, the ones in which he can actually tell its a child portrayed.

The Carbon Tax
Sep 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Ralp waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were pedos in the forums. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Lowtax were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway. Ralp was a mod for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the somethingawful and he said to dad “I want to be on the forums daddy.”Dad said “No! You will BE STALKED BY PEDO!”

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the anime zone he knew there were pedos.

“This is Lowtax” the radio crackered. “You must fight the pedos!”
So Ralp gotted his probation button and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO BAN US” said the trolls
“I will shoot at him” said the shitposter and he fired the rocket missiles. Ralp plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the pedos” he shouted
The radio said “No, Ralp. You are the pedos”
And then Ralp was a Badmin.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Jose posted:

lol that ralp has been so retarded about pedos he's now been made to look like a defender of them by lowtax

No way, Jose! He was always against them, just look back 4 months and you'll see how preferred to just let the admin Zorak handle those kind of decisions.

Nog
May 15, 2006

ralp's finger hovers indecisively over the "ban" button for a moment, weighing the fate of a "serious norman" in the balance. with a smirk, he shakes his head and scrolls further down the page.

"not today serious norman," he mumbles to himself as he scrawls the name down on his list.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

ripped0ff posted:

ralp's finger hovers indecisively over the "ban" button for a moment, weighing the fate of a "serious norman" in the balance. with a smirk, he shakes his head and scrolls further down the page.

"not today serious norman," he mumbles to himself as he scrawls the name down on his list.

Ralp is on a list of mine: My buddy list! :)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I IMed Ralp to get his side of the story, and the results are fairly condemning:

quote:

(16:35:29) Lowtax: explain yourself NOW
(16:37:29) Lowtax: your silence is incriminating
(16:38:31) Lowtax: wait until the public reads this damning evidence against you

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lowtax posted:

I IMed Ralp to get his side of the story, and the results are fairly condemning:

It took you 3 minutes to type out those 3 messages? All those let's plays must have hosed up your hands really badly or something. :shrug:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It took you 3 minutes to type out those 3 messages? All those let's plays must have hosed up your hands really badly or something. :shrug:
In the interest of fairness I was giving him time to respond.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Make Ralp do a lets play, if he refuses change my vote in the poll to 'no'

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lowtax posted:

This jonaug issue came up like 5 months ago, Ralp's slow rear end response time is the reason we had to get you to come in and clean house.

Nog
May 15, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

This jonaug issue came up like 5 months ago, Ralp's slow rear end response time is the reason we had to get you to come in and clean house.

well, in fairness it isn't like we spent 200 posts trying to convince ralp to ban a pretty obvious pedo which he ignored while continuing to ban people instantly for hurting his feelings

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Lowtax posted:

the prosecution rests

Angstrom
Nov 4, 2011

Lowtax posted:

It doesn't seem like many people like Ralp, what is the reason for keeping him on the staff? Actually, why keep anyone on staff that the majority of forum users (apparently, nearly 3/4) do not like?

I think a big problem with SA is keeping moderators and administrators on staff for far too long, especially the bad ones over the years. Maybe you could have some sort of periodic forum elections or something?

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
I reserve judgement and thus won't vote, I am just disheartened to see a man walk this path.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It would be great if people could vote on if they wanted a man to be the mod, and then if he was winning the vote he would get to do it.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
that's a bad idea instead we should bring back garbage day from helldump where every friday you get to vote on someone to get banned and you can make posts like "heh can't wait until this friday chump"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The admins seem scared of making a decision about punishing people if it wasn't from a report despite the fact they seem to be in charge of the forums. Unless somebody insulted them anyway

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet

g0lbez posted:

that's a bad idea instead we should bring back garbage day from helldump where every friday you get to vote on someone to get banned and you can make posts like "heh can't wait until this friday chump"

I want to read that post. Please bring back Helldump

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

g0lbez posted:

imo thats a bad idea

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Forum elections are always ridiculous. Just rotate mods out every 6 months.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Angstrom posted:

It doesn't seem like many people like Ralp, what is the reason for keeping him on the staff? Actually, why keep anyone on staff that the majority of forum users (apparently, nearly 3/4) do not like?

please tell me you don't seriously think a qcs poll represents a majority of the forums
There's 500 votes after over a week, this place is loving empty. The majority of forums users probably don't have any opinion on ralp.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gils posted:

please tell me you don't seriously think a qcs poll represents a majority of the forums
There's 500 votes after over a week, this place is loving empty. The majority of forums users probably don't have any opinion on ralp.

500 is a hell of a lot more than I expected for a QCS poll.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Breadallelogram posted:

500 is a hell of a lot more than I expected for a QCS poll.

The majority of which are probably the underclasses that have been allowed to vote. Generally speaking, only the wealthy should have been allowed to vote, that is: Those with platinum.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

So out of the 180000 people registered, why the gently caress would anyone care about what less than 1% of the forums is bitching about. If the forums are so awful now, maybe the people complaining would find something sensitive more to their liking

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Lowtax posted:

Give me my plat and archives back because you banned me accidbndly and never unbanned me, despite a twitter promise

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

Booourns posted:

So out of the 180000 people registered, why the gently caress would anyone care about what less than 1% of the forums is bitching about. If the forums are so awful now, maybe the people complaining would find something sensitive more to their liking

gently caress u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Booourns posted:

spoiler that poo poo man what if a mod reads this

• Locked thread