Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Lets not give it more credit than it deserves. "God's Country" implies there is some scenic or cultural value beyond sand and oil wells.

God bless Texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
What irks me the most about all this is the media teaching everyone it's called ISIS. That's from Archer. A girl in the post coffee shop looked at me stupidly when I was talking to my friend and goes "Uhhh, you mean ISIS?" They call themselves and they're known as ISIL, I just hate that the media decided the public wouldn't know Syria is the Levant and figured it'd be easier to make up a new name for them that's easier to digest than just to tell the public one easy fact.

It's going to make it confusing for everyone when ISIL announces that Syria and Northwest Iraq is now "The Islamic State of the Levant" and everyone is scratching their heads at what happened to Syria.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Calling it ISIS sounds cooler than some twerp on BBC going "EYE ESS EYE ELL"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Also levant in Arabic is "al-Sham" so suck it

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I thought the al-Sham was when you came home and have it real good to your ungrateful fat red headed wife after a hard day selling shoes at the mall, while your teenage daughter gets bred by miles of BBC and your son is clearly a power bottom in the league of extraordinarily gay gentlemen.

Huh. Learning every day.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Obama Africanus posted:

I thought the al-Sham was when you came home and have it real good to your ungrateful fat red headed wife after a hard day selling shoes at the mall, while your teenage daughter gets bred by miles of BBC and your son is clearly a power bottom in the league of extraordinarily gay gentlemen.

Huh. Learning every day.

You're thinking of shebshebah, when you gently caress your wife with her slipper without spitting on it first.

what a wonderful and illustrious culture

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
The Canadians have Nickelback and Poutine. I'm not sure anyone not American isn't a loving savage.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Outside of that gay fishing song and Ikea, the Swedes aren't a bad group. And they are Himmler approved for the master race.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Obama Africanus posted:

I'm not sure anyone not American isn't a loving savage.

England gave the world Chumbawamba, I think you're onto something.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Iceland gave us Sigur Ros. Which is the lifetime soundtrack of every pretentious human being to ever hold up a white posterboard sign talking about privilege.

You are goddamned right I'm onto something.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hey now. After all the awesome they gave us like Zeppelin, Floyd, Sabbath.. There is bound to be one gently caress up in the group.

They also shipped over Kate Beckinsale and Emma Watson.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I always thought they were Australian for some reason. Learn something new everyday.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Booblord Zagats posted:

If your God doesn't require constant and ritual sacrifices of oil for his war machine, chances are you're some kind of wiccan human being

My god specifically makes oil sacrifices last a couple days longer, how's that fit into the heirarchy

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowdens Secret posted:

My god specifically makes oil sacrifices last a couple days longer, how's that fit into the heirarchy

So Iraq really was part of the jew conspiracy

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Genocide Tendency posted:

They also shipped over Kate Beckinsale and Emma Watson.

And Piers Morgan :unsmigghh:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

And Piers Morgan :unsmigghh:

Didn't we give him back though:page3:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Analogical posted:

What irks me the most about all this is the media teaching everyone it's called ISIS. That's from Archer. A girl in the post coffee shop looked at me stupidly when I was talking to my friend and goes "Uhhh, you mean ISIS?" They call themselves and they're known as ISIL, I just hate that the media decided the public wouldn't know Syria is the Levant and figured it'd be easier to make up a new name for them that's easier to digest than just to tell the public one easy fact.

It's going to make it confusing for everyone when ISIL announces that Syria and Northwest Iraq is now "The Islamic State of the Levant" and everyone is scratching their heads at what happened to Syria.

Isis the dog's name in Downton Abbey, which is what the freedom fighters based their name on. This is because the British were the cause of much of the current issues with how they drew up the borders in the middle east.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

Sorcery. You'll be burnt at the stake.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Sorcery. You'll be burnt at the stake.

Yes but I'll provide pleasing light for over a week

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Your god's Jewish so it makes sense he'd be frugal on his gas budget, but I can appreciate that so he gets hisself a seat at the cool gods table

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Cool gods table:
Greek/Roman
Egyptian
Yahweh (especially when he's fuckin with Abraham and giving Moses lovely directions)
Black Metal Odin
Black Jesus
(not brown Jesus, but the Black as gently caress one who deep-dicked a whore so good she went legit to follow him)
Al Bundy
William Tecumseh Sherman
Whichever one is responsible for Katy Perry

poo poo tier gods:
Anything that didn't wholesale massacre lesser beings
Native American gods who just lived in trees and watched red-people get rolled while crying about pollution & buffalo
Any gods who tell naked fat girls to dance at solstice
Any god who gives a gently caress about solstice, really
Whatever god let Russel Brand go unwrapped on Katy Perry instead of me

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 18, 2014

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Look at all you inbreds that don't realize that wogs begin at the Rockies. (going east)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Black Jesus
(not brown Jesus, but the Black as gently caress one who deep-dicked a whore so good she went legit to follow him)

http://youtu.be/79fzeNUqQbQ

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Whatever god let Russel Brand go unwrapped on Katy Perry instead of me

Is this really what you meant to say

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Prop Wash posted:

His accent is so dreamy! :wink:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Black Metal Odin

Any god who gives an eye and gets speared to a tree for ultimate knowledge is metal as hell. Odin loving laughs at Jesus for whining about his little incident with the Jews and Romans.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Any god who gives an eye and gets speared to a tree for ultimate knowledge is metal as hell. Odin loving laughs at Jesus for whining about his little incident with the Jews and Romans.

He (and his two brothers because everyone needs a couple chumps to do their leg work) also turned a frost giant's skull into the sky, used the brains inside that skull to make clouds, and turned the rest of the dude into the Earth. Which is way more awesome than anything Jesus's dad came up with.

:black101:

Also rides an 8 legged horse called Sleipnir.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

And the way he punishes Loki:

"Loki being captured, they took him to a certain cavern, and they took three rocks, through each of which they bored a hole. Then they took Loki's sons Vali and Nari, and having changed Vali into a wolf, he tore his brother Nari into pieces. Then the gods took his intestines and bound Loki with them to the three stones, and they changed the cord into bands of iron. Skadi then took a serpent and suspended it over Loki's head so that the venom drops from it on to his face. Siguna, Loki's wife, stands near him, and holds a dish receiving the venom as it falls, and when the dish is full she goes out and pours its contents away. While she is doing this, however, the venom falls on Loki, and causes him such intense pain that he writhes so that the earth is shaken as if by an earthquake."

Plus the Ragnarok is about the coolest armageddon prophecy ever.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
The highlight for all of this is the embarrassing amount of people who are blubbering about :qq: THIS ISN'T WHAT WHY WE WERE OVER THERE.

Of course not. The same people pissing and moaning about fraud, waste, and abuse from everything bolted or not bolted down in that country when we were burning gobs of money should have been their biggest tip off. It's especially hilarious to hear from people not directly attributed as any position on a chain of command, because every single one of those inbred non-commanding fucks were the first to (correctly) bitch about pointless missions and highly unnecessary risks. Bitching about pointless area beautification on a JSS that will be transitioned over in two days and then complaining about Iraq getting demolished is rich. At least commanders had the excuse of OER/career progression while deployed to give a semblance of care about Iraq's stability post-invasion. "This OPORDER might dictate that our overexerted platoons push out full 24-hour presence patrols so the prim assholes in the nearby airbase can watch Toby Keith suck a bald eagle's dick for an hour and not worry about IDF, but god drat if that won't look like a nice bullet point on a quarterly eval."

If there exists letterhead somewhere with your name and "L3 Communications Director of Operations" between 2003 and today, than Iraq was the greatest move by a sitting president since Andrew Jackson. This also mostly applies to anyone with blood ties to Maliki.

Every time I recollect the times I had tears of exhaustion from expelling the previous night's quzi and tabbouleh over a squat hole or over a freshly burned half of a 55-gallon drum, I'm just happy that I haven't been minced by an EFP. Those who spent their deployment by gorging on salsa nights and poetry slams between their long 9-5 workday on FOBs everywhere can at least take solace in the fact that the only thing wasted in Iraq for them is the amount of money spent on bootleg anime.

So yes, absolutely yes, the people bitching about Iraq crumbling should be grateful that they have functioning limbs and a dick, and they should be especially grateful that they managed to bump into their future third wife at a biker bar in between year-long trips to another failed experiment in American democracy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Prop Wash posted:

Hahaha

bloops fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 18, 2014

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

these guys are serious

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So what would a three-state solution accomplish other than creating a state for dudes like ISIS which looks like the scene where they review the ship logs in Event Horizon

Like who the gently caress would want to live next to that

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Nuke every Islam.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Like who the gently caress would want to live next to that

Israel. :getin:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Anyone willing to lay odds on Iran -> ISIS and ISIS -> Iran conflict keeping these Jamokes killing eachother all locally and only spilling their retard blood anyway?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm pulling for the Kurds. They seem to be the straight man caught between a comic book supervillain force and counterstrike bots set on easy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
kurds seem ok, they actually let their women do things and not have to cover up and they seem like they can kick the poo poo out of rabs but im sure they smell terrible like all muzzies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

kurds seem ok, they actually let their women do things and not have to cover up and they seem like they can kick the poo poo out of rabs but im sure they smell terrible like all muzzies

If Turkey says the Kurdish state is cool, I bet the Israelis will train them just for fuckin' funsies

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm pulling for the Kurds. They seem to be the straight man caught between a comic book supervillain force and counterstrike bots set on easy.

I watched some vice vid about the Kurds and they had a woman manning a checkpoint. Then some text said she got iced a week later. She seemed nice :(

They seemed pretty chill and cool in general though. Like it goes to show that groups like ISIS and DnD don't get to use oppression as an excuse for bombing cafés and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I watched some vice vid about the Kurds and they had a woman manning a checkpoint. Then some text said she got iced a week later. She seemed nice :(

They seemed pretty chill and cool in general though. Like it goes to show that groups like ISIS and DnD don't get to use oppression as an excuse for bombing cafés and poo poo.

drat i just watched the same thing the other day. kinda bummed the kurdish commanders kept kicking them out right as they were gonna go ham on some rabs

• Locked thread