Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
When I was really little we had this TV that had the brand name and model number on a little panel beside all the buttons. I, like all children confronted with TVs, pushed all the buttons to see what they did. When I pushed on the panel thing that was shaped like a bigger button a commercial came on. I did it again later and a commercial came on. For like a month I believed that the button made commercials come on but only worked sometimes.

Granted later I realized I just happened to push on it twice right as a commercial was coming on and it wasn't actually a button and did nothing but, whatever, I was a rather stupid four year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I remember when blindness was explained to me it was partly through a book that had a picture of a blind guy with a cane and sunglasses and the only blind guy I knew looking almost exactly like the guy in the book. He wore different sunglasses. Anyway, for whatever reason I figured that people chose to be blind and get around with the cane tapping and what have you. The sunglasses were just really, really dark and they could see if they took them off.

It made sense to me because I'm quite near-sighted and never relied on vision as much as most people. I didn't get my eyes tested or get glasses until I was like 9 so I had no idea what a normal vision range was. I figured some people just didn't like seeing or needed it less than I did.

Imagine my surprise when I finally realized that blind people were literally incapable of seeing. Granted my young mind was even further blown when I got my first pair of glasses and could actually see a normal distance.

• Locked thread