Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Good luck. It's a hard road you've set for yourself, but I also think it'd be rad to see the Norse in WW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Definitely see him. Why wouldn't you want to put a face to all of that hatred you have?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Rubix Squid posted:

The Gods of Milzas, the clan of the Romuva are surely friends of the Aesir, for did they not send him to us to aid in our battles against the tyrannic and envious god of the cross-men? Even though they are not the gods of our people they saw fit to send us a mighty warrior to aid us in our struggle. We would disgrace the All-Father if we did not honor their favor.

Mechanically speaking, modding in some syncretism decisions to allow pagan faiths to merge would be awesome.

This is an interesting idea. Co-opting other gods is a nice way to merge foreigners into your faith. Does it mesh with the catholic-model you're basing the reformed faith on though?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Dırlingur recognition and the matter of Milzas

Option 3: Milzas deserves the praise for what he did for all of us! (Allow Dırlingur veneration and make Milzas a saint)

The Holy Lands problem

Option 1: The land belongs to the Vogelius family and we do as we wish with it!(Nothing changes)

The Prussian Ireland

Option 3: We should take the remaining land of Ireland by force! (Try and create a Norse realm in Ireland)

Dissidents in Sweden

Option 3: Let them have their faith but do not tolerate uprisings! (Will try and slowly convert them with the Court Seer)

With the last one, if they rebel, definitely sacrifice them. Also, if any of them like you enough, ask them to convert.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Oh man. I've stopped the crusade by having a ship of raiders close by Rome and capturing the Pope, but that was luck.

Can you see any way of actually winning this?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Wow. Well fought!

Code wise there's no way besides modding to have the Mongols convert to Germanic, correct? Even if they take lands that have converted?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
drat. That new empire is scary.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
There is a bunch of Skåne-dinavia that needs to be taken! That is, if you ever get a break from constant attempts to destroy the true faith.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Are the patches of blue-grey in the religious map a catholic heresy?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

mcclay posted:

Yup, Cathar I think.

Groogy posted:

Yeah, when they lost both holy wars and crusades against me their morale authority got a big dip and some heresies popped up.

Nice! I tend to play CK2 now as a game of: try and see how many heresies I can get to replace the main religions. Which is tough and pretty rewarding.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Option 2: Commander Vilfred

He's married to our daughter, after all.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I like the idea of having the Jomsvikings as vassals, but that blocks other of the faithful from calling on them when they need them, I believe. Which may not be a problem is the only ruler of the true faith is their overlord.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I do love the Necronomicon event chain.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Also! Good job on role-playing a non-martial king who still was able to do cool things.

Crazy kings can be fun kings. We can also hope for the devil-child event chain.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Ha! Everyone is going to be PISSED at the Vogelius!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Huh. Too bad that catholic Egypt fell. That would have been interesting.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Ha! I do that sometimes for really talented younger children who aren't going to get any land.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Option 1: We are no reason to take the land of another faith

I really, really want to. However, I would much rather strengthen ourselves at home first. To support such a state would limit and divide our strength.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I think the flag depends on what tack you plan on taking. Is it going to be more of you imposing Norse values, or more of a syncretism? If the latter, perhaps a crossed axe and scimitar. If the former, the hammer of Thor, for it was under his auspices the war was called.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Could this be the start of a new Norse holy order? Like the binding of Loki, we are trapping the holy lands of the book-worshipers.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
If a holy order is established, being done so by a madman, I mean the Sword of Odin solely to gently caress with the other religions is an interesting starting point.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I like the idea of naming them after the bonds that keep Loki imprisoned. Weren't they made from the guts of Loki's son?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
They could be light cavalry/dragoons. Influenced by the fighting styles of the surrounding peoples, they include horses, but mostly as a means to get to somewhere quickly so that they can fight on the ground. That may change as time goes on, but it may be a fun starting point.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
What an interesting world indeed! I can't wait to see what changes EU4 brings.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
What a cool world. You going to release your mod when you've finished EU4? It's a fun alternate universe that you've created here.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Norse Musketdraki. I love this idea.

You have the Welsh lands as well, correct? I'm sure there would be some supporting longbowmen, but the heavy infantry would be dominant. Same with light horsemen and infantry from the Levant. From the military tech, it seems like the Norse lands and the Skot lands are considered 'home territories' and the rest are colonies, or outposts?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Grenadiers? They were the strongest men, so as to get a good distance. Combined with axes, perhaps?

Wild speculation, obviously.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Some ideas:

Vaccination, 1796
The steam engine, 1712
The sextant, 1757
The Gregorian calendar, 1582
The germ theory of disease 1859
Bayonet 1671
Magnifying Lenses 16-17 depending on uses.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
That's a lot of people wanting to be separate.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Awesome!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Option 1

I would be more sympathetic if they didn't weaken the realm when we need warriors. If there can be a deal where they provide warriors for the realm, then I would vote for the assembly.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Of the stated, I would vote for Option 2..

However, I would prefer to examine the best practices and tactics in each of our far flung enclaves and create a universal training program that integrates the best of each into a united whole, rather than the stated Military Service Reformation Policy. (Quality)

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Ugh. Looks like a lost cause. What would happen if you released that as a vassal state? Is that possible when it is occupied?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Option 1

This will never go wrong.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Man, a hard fought war for white peace.

How do Lietuva feel about Skane now that the war is over?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

skipThings posted:

Her gods are just as right and real as ours, don't be such a contrarian like the Christians

Exactly.

Groogy posted:

Well gotta show the Cross-worshipers who is boss. Well immediately after the war a Royal Marriage is arranged between a Romuvan princess and Eskild's son Prince Thorvald to formalize the alliance... For some reason the Romuvan uprisings also quickly dissipated after that.

Just goes to show they are shrewd. A good thing to have in an ally. A bad thing to have in an enemy.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
That Breton/Skot event is nice.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Halvdan Neb's ideas seem like they would really, really catch on with the common folk. Who has the chance to die in combat as a shopkeeper, a farmer etc. Not many.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Option 2: Midgard Empire Policy

Let us look to Jórsalheim, for they have forged something new. Let us be as steel, and not iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Kick their tradition bound asses.

• Locked thread