Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Lotta stuff coming in from Pixiv, time to dust off my dictionary and start translating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
For all those that care, there is a correct answer for the splatfest, and that answer is ice cream

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Did anyone else find the menstruation joke in the Splatoon Direct a bit odd and out of place? I assume it was just in the NA version. Someone at localization is probably going to get a taking to between that and the Pearl Harbor thing

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

The Bloop posted:

Did anyone else find the menstruation joke in the Splatoon Direct a bit odd and out of place? I assume it was just in the NA version. Someone at localization is probably going to get a taking to between that and the Pearl Harbor thing

I'm not buying this whole Marina = Harbor pun thing. The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Why would Marina translate as harbor? The closest you can possibly get is Marine, which is nothing of the sort.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

I'm not buying this whole Marina = Harbor pun thing. The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Why would Marina translate as harbor? The closest you can possibly get is Marine, which is nothing of the sort.

marina
məˈriːnə/
noun
noun: marina; plural noun: marinas

A specially designed harbour with moorings for pleasure yachts and small boats.

I am also similarly amazed that they're actually running with an Aunt Flowe joke :stare:.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

marina
məˈriːnə/
noun
noun: marina; plural noun: marinas

A specially designed harbour with moorings for pleasure yachts and small boats.

I'm not going to trust a definition that can't even spell harbor right

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've lived in a marina before, can confirm, there were boats.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Pearl is cool and good, you guys.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Renoistic posted:

Pearl is cool and good, you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I have ice cream in my freezer right now and I don't care but if I had a cake I would be wondering how long it would be before I could have another slice of cake.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i heard pearl feuded with Azealia Banks glad it blew over

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Cake team is going to win because it's the correct answer and the people choosing the right answer are doing it from a mindset that will bring them victory, not from a mindset that made them choose the wrong answer because the character was cuter!

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

But ice cream is objectively better. When ice cream is introduced to cake, it makes it better with ice cream cake. When cake is introduced to ice cream, it makes it inedible with cake ice cream.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
That's like voting dogs in the dogs vs cats one because dogs can eat cats more than the other way around.
The voting is exclusive: one or the other. What's all this about mixing them? Ask yourself "Would you rather have cake or ice cream at the ready", and I'll think you'll find that the right answer is cake.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Fair enough. I was trying to present extremes, but I should not have mixed them. Still, I have to choose ice cream as it is a frozen treat of pure enjoyment on a blazing hot day.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I missed the Splatfest arguments. :allears:

I'm on team lactose intolerant!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought Marina was going to be the popular one but looks like Pearl has all that meme potential.

Pearl for the memes.

Marina for the horny nerds.

Balance of the internet.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Pearl for the memes.

Marina for the horny nerds.

Balance of the internet.

So what are Callie and Marie

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jarogue posted:

So what are Callie and Marie

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Splatoon 2 thread is up at last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:rip: glorious Splat 1 thread

• Locked thread