Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

what if clevin has been the silent hill/xenogears wiki man all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wowza

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

panel 5 is a really cool line in the context of someone being extremely hosed up and possessive on purpose

so of course it's supposed to seem actually romantic

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

C.L.E.V.I.N.: Origins

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I T A L I A

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the dude on the left looks unfinished.

not by the artist, but by god

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Look at all the words you just wasted on this poo poo

what else is the point of something awful dot com

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm laughing at how he had a big meal and he's clearly tuckered out and ready to nap

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

copy/pasting would've avoided the incredible shapeshifting c---

THE CUPS WERE FORESHADOWING

GENIUS

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

shapeshifter

all the dots are connected. everything was canon

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Nah, the suit man was just using full sentences one page ago. Having them suddenly start speaking in this clipped speech makes no sense and comes across as dumb. This sounds better.

Just add a few words to make these phrases less like a staccato.

Nah

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Why have them speak english at all and not their native language? Why not have the page filled with some eldritch speech with a single english phrase "the trickster" in english since their language has no comparable phrase and just leave us to wonder what is being said and create a more intriguing atmosphere?

Nah

Like, everything sucks but their language getting all weird while the old guy naps off his tryptophan low is effective in a technical sense

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

paranatural can do it because zack is competent. also your example still has half of a coherent conversation from which we can infer strokes but not vital mystery details

strong female protagonist is not being made by competent people, so while they COULD have executed at a dramatically higher skill level than they currently seem capable of, this is the best thing they could've done

other people have already indicate that the kamen rider comparison falls apart because a webcomic doesn't have vocal tones or body language but i want to say it again just to have fun getting in the dog pile

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

But are you telling me that a comic book can't convey body language? That you can't give the reader contexts as to tone and subject matter through visuals?

SFP can't

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i lose half my syllables for 30 minutes after lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Lord boy was where I realized the artist and the author were not communicating anymore. He was just filling in word bubbles to drawings she had emailed him while working on their other obligations.

that would be a better comic

imagine that comic where an artist is just drawing out a story and sending it to a writer and never ever checks on what the writer is writing

• Locked thread