Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

ah, timeless foibles of the lovable autistic man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQGve3XksU

ruined my night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Burn abc to the ground with everyone still in it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

We need to murder everyone responsible for this. They need to die.

Yes I agree. It is that bad.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Everybody knows in a second life, we all come back sooner or later.
As anything from a pussycat to a man eating alligator.
Well you all may think my story, is more fiction than it's fact.
But believe it or not my mother dear decided she'd come back.

As a car...

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1SBtxRObBc

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

maybe it's self-aware irony and they are trying to get the parody demographic. you're now hyping up the show in gbs so their viral marketing is working

itr spaeks to mysoul,,,,,,,,,

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Two Worlds posted:

abc family's content is actually often surprisingly racy.

aatrek's touch, chasin his dreams in H-wood

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

mookface posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dli6gNtd23Q

This looks so bad that I actually questioned whether it was a real promo or a loving joke because godamnit. I had to look it up to be sure and this is an actual show. Holy gently caress

slow yo roll op

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its a weird time for TV right now because hannibal was on NBC

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
do you get it op i quoted the video sassy black lady thats where the quote is from

i am both participating and agree with you

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

They know its bad.

Sitcoms are like infomercials, they're dumb and ridiculous and shallow so that you can enjoy them in a low-effort way and also feel good about yourself for knowing they're dumb.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

which one of you is he?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i see poverty ghosts

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

mookface posted:

which one of you is he?

Is it a fat Hayden Christiansen?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
LOL GRILLED CHEESE :)!

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This is what 20 year olds think the 90s were like

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Idiot Kicker posted:

This is what 20 year olds think the 90s were like

This is what TV would look like if the third Reich had won the war.

naem
May 29, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LATKP6Dj9X8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

I'm the tomato sauce at the edges of his mouth

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Val Kilmer really let himself go

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Kill whitey

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just a reminder that this poo poo got greenlighted while Community got canceled.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Volume posted:

Just a reminder that this poo poo got greenlighted while Community got canceled.

Is it the networks fault if people are dumb enough to watch poo poo over something with a bit of quality. Ratings

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

Is it the networks fault if people are dumb enough to watch poo poo over something with a bit of quality. Ratings

Community needed to be euthanized but this turd should be aborted

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I kind of want to know the history of the Family Channel. Why it turned into Fox Family, then ABC Family.

e: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Family#Sale_to_Disney_and_rebranding_as_ABC_Family_.282001.E2.80.932006.29

quote:

The channel's sale to Disney was considered one of the biggest mistakes or problems occurring during the tenure of company president Michael Eisner. The failure was primarily due to the acquisition being conducted by the strategic planning department of Disney, without consulting anyone at ABC. The original plan was to use the channel to essentially show reruns of ABC programming, but this plan was impossible as ABC did not hold syndication rights to the majority of its own programs, only having rights to those that were produced by its Walt Disney Television and Touchstone Television divisions whose distribution rights were held by Buena Vista Television. During this time, the channel did air same-season repeats of Alias, Less Than Perfect and Life with Bonnie, almost all of which were Touchstone Television productions. But in trying to change the focus of the channel, Disney also canceled several Fox Family series (such as the 1960s-set period dramedy State of Grace), and cut back on the network's made-for-cable movies, which were among the few programs that Fox Family was doing well with. Ratings tumbled further as the network became dependent on syndicated reruns and had no original programs on its schedule (save for original wraparound segments that aired around repeats of The Bachelor, and children's programming).

Dumber than I thought.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 15, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

gggiiimmmppp posted:

its a weird time for TV right now because hannibal was on NBC
erotic rape lotr fanfic show game of thrones is a thing normals actively follow, discuss at the water cooler

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

5 years from now everybody will be really into world of gor

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
bazangi

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Unguided posted:

I kind of want to know the history of the Family Channel. Why it turned into Fox Family, then ABC Family.

e: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Family#Sale_to_Disney_and_rebranding_as_ABC_Family_.282001.E2.80.932006.29

Dumber than I thought.

I venture into TVIV occasionally to chat about shows I watch and it always surprises me how indepth the regulars of the forum know the biz.

They'll straight up know that a failed joke on an episode happened because Josh, the new intern, got Henry, the much beloved senior writter, the wrong kind of coffee while they were in their 36th consecutive hour of marathon writting. Because every one knows that Henry takes his Foldgers with 2 creams and 1 sugar at luke warm temperature. gently caress you Josh!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

these new sitcoms are a shame because cheers, wings, frasier, married...with children, seinfeld, and to a lesser extent friends, are all good poo poo

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fandyien posted:

these new sitcoms are a shame because cheers, wings, frasier, married...with children, seinfeld, and to a lesser extent friends, are all good poo poo

I would say those shows were watchable along with a hand full of others but what was the last at least watchable sitcom?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I lost my remote so I guess I'm watching this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bro Dad posted:

5 years from now everybody will be really into world of gor

This isn't a joke. 50 shades of Grey was super popular and sold at grocery stores and everybody watches The game of Thrones. Gor could so easily be a crossover hit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

mookface posted:

I would say those shows were watchable along with a hand full of others but what was the last at least watchable sitcom?

Always Sunny?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

It's like his face stayed the same size while everything else grew. He looks like woll smoth

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Ashmole posted:

It's like his face stayed the same size while everything else grew.

for whatever reason, this is the case of EVERY child star ever.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
abc family has f list sitcoms. like they're basically disney shows with cursing and sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dli6gNtd23Q

This looks so bad that I actually questioned whether it was a real promo or a loving joke because godamnit. I had to look it up to be sure and this is an actual show. Holy gently caress

Wait a minute. Isn't this the plot to The Nanny?

• Locked thread