Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
why is everyone depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
because of this horrible cyberpunk future we live in.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

they read your posts

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
life is meaningless

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm depressed cause I eat and I eat cause I'm depressed

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
my life is objectively bad.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not depressed. I have a good job where I make great money and can therefore afford to have fun and buy nice things. Life is great.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Cuz they realized that you work your entire life to get money to buy things that ultimately mean nothing when u die and the only real joy you can experience is when you're loving a girl for those glorious 30 seconds and getting drunk or high

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I'm not depressed. I have a good job where I make great money and can therefore afford to have fun and buy nice things. Life is great.

get your positive outlook the gently caress out of here

this is the depression echo chamber, pal

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
its the op, the op is everyone.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

InFlames235 posted:

you're loving a girl for those glorious 30 seconds and getting drunk or high

Q, W..............ggdasfugahsdf

WE have been dehumanize, by this society.

Its like, i remember when you actually have to go to your friends house to hang out.
And you have fun walk around the 'hood, chill out, head to the foodtown and get a couple of cream sodas. play some sport. run around shoot the hoop kick the ball hang out and play some halo 2.

Now??? We live in society of oppression. Drones over brooklyn. The poors are dying nobody cares. Even the rich are dying but you dont know whose dead or whose alive so u dont know can i break into this building and squat cuz theres corpse inside or, or its just a rich banker who calls cops and my life is over.

also police state

also heavy psionic warfare, its all a PSYOPS by the USGOV. Wow whens the next bom,bing, obame?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

boom boom boom posted:

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
im a gay depressed virgin

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I need a job op

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
benghazi

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Cause life is either no sex or fat waitresses

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
can we make a murder-suicide pact i'm so sad

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Someone left "Everybody Hurts" playing on a loop. Just change the song.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I thjink, maybe a lack of community, or maybe a lack of stuff to do. maybe its that we dont work with our hands anymore. I don't really know, OP.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo's hosed, op. poo poo is thoroughly and utterly hosed

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
It's bad when you're too depressed to even kill yourself. I heard that some antidepressants actually help you with this so you can go

ahead and finish the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Decebal fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 14, 2014

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I'm having a great day

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
I'm actually really happy and very content

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Things are actually going pretty good for me and I feel pretty great.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

haunted bong posted:

they read your posts

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Decebal posted:

It's band when you're too depressed to even kill yourself. I heard that some antidepressants actually help you with this so you can go

ahead and finish the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated

antidepressents can cause thoughts of suicide in children teens and young adults

because when you stop being depressed you can see that theres objectively nothing to live for

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

I'm actually really happy and very content

Suicide imminent

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

looking directly at reality is depressing and reinforces the idea that you are deluded when you arent depressed, which also makes you depressed, so for short, the human brain is designed to either delude itself into happiness or delude itself into depression. Have fun

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
life is suffering the root of all suffering is attachment~

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Obligatory Handle posted:

Someone left "Everybody Hurts" playing on a loop. Just change the song.

Songs to listen to while morning the technological dystopia we live in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ybQWD6N6Zo

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

not enough weed

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Sitting Here posted:

life is suffering the root of all suffering is attachment~

Dude that's actually pretty profound. Thank you.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i'm happy. happy

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

how do depressed americans manage to live with the incredibly easy availability of guns that they have

I mean in most first world countries although you can legally get a gun it's usually a pretty big hassle, so your options for dying are mostly nasty poo poo that really hurts or takes ages and might not even work, stuff that takes planning and willpower that depressed people don't have

but in the US every cereal box comes with a device that lets you turn out the lights at the flick of a finger, how the gently caress can people have major depression there without immediately dying

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Torka posted:

how do depressed americans manage to live with the incredibly easy availability of guns that they have

you kill other people wth them then yourself

hmmm

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Torka posted:

I mean in most first world countries although you can legally get a gun it's usually a pretty big hassle, so your options for dying are mostly nasty poo poo that really hurts or takes ages and might not even work, stuff that takes planning and willpower that depressed people don't have

but in the US every cereal box comes with a device that lets you turn out the lights at the flick of a finger, how the gently caress can people have major depression there without immediately dying

i don't want my parents to have to id my body after i split my head with a shotgun blast

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I would not want to kill myself. kinda repulsed by the thought of it tbh

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

I was eating Cheerios this morning and bit into a gun.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Obligatory Handle posted:

I was eating Cheerios this morning and bit into a gun.

Wow the fact it didn't go off is depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

InFlames235 posted:

Wow the fact it didn't go off is depressing

Made in America.

• Locked thread