Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

no, they took me from feeling like im in a dark room to feeling like i turned on the light and realised i was in aatrek's escape-proof sex dungeon all along, which makes them cool, and good.

well that's good i'm just saying be careful because they have no long-term efficacy studies and they make you lose your hair, damage your body, and give you limp dick

but i'd rather you not get raped tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
For hundreds of thousands of years, mankind roamed the empty Earth, living free.

Now you are chained in a plastic chair behind plastic walls with buzzing bright lights and we call this "progress".

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

well that's good i'm just saying be careful because they have no long-term efficacy studies and they make you lose your hair, damage your body, and give you limp dick

but i'd rather you not get raped tbh
what if i told u my dick was limp right now

but yeah i'm really just hoping they manage to get the ball rolling and give me some headroom for diet/lifestyle/whatever changes to actually make a difference, still don't really trust them long-term. also i've kind of accepted that i'll be lovely and depressed forever lol

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

what if i told u my dick was limp right now

:eyepop:

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

but yeah i'm really just hoping they manage to get the ball rolling and give me some headroom for diet/lifestyle/whatever changes to actually make a difference, still don't really trust them long-term. also i've kind of accepted that i'll be lovely and depressed forever lol

yea i took antidepressants for years and they pooped out on me, i also worked for a psychiatrist who pretty much called himself a glorified drug dealer because he knew a lot of the stuff he based his profession on was BS. if you can find a good therapist and combine that with lifestyle changes you're halfway to at least deluding yourself that life isn't horrible unending existential pain

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

antidepressants made me more depressed than i usually am which was impressive

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

(It starts with one)
One thing I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It’s so unreal)
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

its like they are speaking to me like they know my pain

who is this poet

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

SSRIs made me go from a worthless sack of poo poo to someone who can actually talk to people and make decisions, so imo they're p. good

I don't really care that I'm reliant on them because they're not obtrusive to take and well worth the minimal cost/hassle

stuntwaffle sorry about your lovely experience but just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean you have to be the sort of person who comes down with a flu after getting vaccinated and denounces the efficacy of vaccines

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I have an awesome job and lots of friends and I get laid and smoke weed a lot. Life is pretty great.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

viscous wolves posted:

SSRIs made me go from a worthless sack of poo poo to someone who can actually talk to people and make decisions, so imo they're p. good

I don't really care that I'm reliant on them because they're not obtrusive to take and well worth the minimal cost/hassle

stuntwaffle sorry about your lovely experience but just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean you have to be the sort of person who comes down with a flu after getting vaccinated and denounces the efficacy of vaccines

glad you're drugs work for you bud, i'm personally more interested in things like star*d trials that show antidepressants have little benefit over placebos and ya know the fact that we're in the middle of a mental health epidemic with soaring disability claims so perhaps we can come up with more effective long-term solutions that don't hang their hat on crap theories that have been professionally debunked, but realtalk: because i wanna advance science and am critical of institutional psychiatry doesn't mean eating a bunch of serotonin doesn't help some people, not so black & white if you really think about but i just wanted to ironic shitpost

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

For hundreds of thousands of years, mankind roamed the empty Earth, living free.

Now you are chained in a plastic chair behind plastic walls with buzzing bright lights and we call this "progress".

makes u think

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Because nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere and we're all gonna die.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

when i go off my meds i get drunk faster and cum easier, but also turn into a miserable quaking mass of anger. worth it imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BKPR posted:

when i go off my meds i get drunk faster and cum easier, but also turn into a miserable quaking mass of anger. worth it imo
my girlfriend thinks im really good in bed now that im on meds because i take longer to cum lmao. works for me, i still enjoy doing the thing. hope it doesn't get worse though.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
jesus christ, there is actual data supporting hair loss while on ssris? thats just great

make the sad people bald that surely wont make them any sadder

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Drunk & Ugly posted:

jesus christ, there is actual data supporting hair loss while on ssris? thats just great

make the sad people bald that surely wont make them any sadder

lol

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
my friend was on ssris and he said he could get a boner but it wasn't as big as usual

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
if you want to poison your brain to feel better why not just drink alcohol and smoke w33d

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Cucking Mama posted:

my friend was on ssris and he said he could get a boner but it wasn't as big as usual

your friend

well my friend says uhhh he has the same problem but basically it just made his penis smaller in general, i definitely donot normally have a small penis

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
we just don't have the gumption of our forefathers

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i took paxil like 5 years ago for about three weeks. i could jerk off but could not cum so i just stopped taking it. welp thats my story

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

Drunk & Ugly posted:

your friend

well my friend says uhhh he has the same problem but basically it just made his penis smaller in general, i definitely donot normally have a small penis

why would I not admit I was on ssris if I was on ssris

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

THS posted:

i took paxil like 5 years ago for about three weeks. i could jerk off but could not cum so i just stopped taking it. welp thats my story

it's cool that ssris deprive people of one of the few pleasures in their lives and makes them insomniacs

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Kyrie eleison posted:

it's cool that ssris deprive people of one of the few pleasures in their lives and makes them insomniacs

it's also cool that everyone has every negative symptom of every medication

modern medicine is great

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

InFlames235 posted:

(It starts with one)
One thing I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It’s so unreal)
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

This was my poo poo in middle school and now I'm a nihilistic fuckhead. THANKS LINKIN PARK

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benedick Cuckold posted:

the only thing that keeps me going is my carefully cultivated delusion that science will find a way to significantly extend the span of a human life sometime before i die

also unironically this

but then what the gently caress will I do just play Starcraft 3 or 4 for decades

jesus

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

my girlfriend thinks im really good in bed now that im on meds because i take longer to cum lmao. works for me, i still enjoy doing the thing. hope it doesn't get worse though.

yes thats a double-edged sword.oddly enough w33d had the same effect on me sometimes.but endless weedfucking feels real good

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just started up on meds again after being free for about 7 years. I'm really not looking forward to SSRI dick again.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

redshirt posted:

For hundreds of thousands of years, mankind roamed the empty Earth, dieing from infection, polio, smallpox, malnutrition, exposure, famine, animal attacks, lawlessness, etc.

Now you are chained in a plastic chair behind plastic walls with buzzing bright lights and glorify our even shittier, more awful past because you dont know better

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 22, 2014

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
just sucked a cock

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
polio, smallpox, malnutrition, exposure, famine, animal attacks, lawlessness are all products of our overcrowding, our pollution, our destruction of nature, displacement of communities, in short, civilization

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gagelion posted:

just sucked a cock
yaaay

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
How do you know you need brain medicine versus you're being a little bitch? Also, if I'm not intensely happy, does that mean I'm depressed. I just feel vaguely ambivalent about most things. Like, I look forward to poo poo, it's all just 'eeehh'

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

depression is not the absence of happiness it is an overwhelming negative emotional miasma that prevents you from doing what you need to do

imagine your guiltiest secret. now imagine you get an anonymous blackmail note saying they are going to tell everyone. imagine how you would feel walking round with that hanging over you. wondering who is about to betray you. who will stick with you when they find out.

now imagine there is no secret and no blackmail but you feel like that anyway

that is the difference between sadbrains and just having a bad day / week

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

How do you know you need brain medicine versus you're being a little bitch? Also, if I'm not intensely happy, does that mean I'm depressed. I just feel vaguely ambivalent about most things. Like, I look forward to poo poo, it's all just 'eeehh'

I tried brain medicine and found I no longer snapped at people or spent hours lying on my floor. That was my indication.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
for reference I am on brain medicine, and was seriously depressed before. I just question if my ambivalence means there is something still wrong with me.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

ppl dont regularly shoot themselves in the head bc they feel generally ambivalent

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

depression is not the absence of happiness it is an overwhelming negative emotional miasma that prevents you from doing what you need to do

imagine your guiltiest secret. now imagine you get an anonymous blackmail note saying they are going to tell everyone. imagine how you would feel walking round with that hanging over you. wondering who is about to betray you. who will stick with you when they find out.

now imagine there is no secret and no blackmail but you feel like that anyway

that is the difference between sadbrains and just having a bad day / week

yeah this basically

when I forget to get a refill in time I am given an extremely unpleasant reminder of why I'm on meds

for reference I am on brain medicine, and was seriously depressed before. I just question if my ambivalence means there is something still wrong with me.

you're probably fine, being extremely happy all the time is a potential sign of other brain problems

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Bobby Brown posted:

ppl dont regularly shoot themselves in the head bc they feel generally ambivalent

being ambivalent even about things you used to enjoy can be a sign of depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

butplug accident posted:

polio, smallpox, malnutrition, exposure, famine, animal attacks, lawlessness are all products of our overcrowding, our pollution, our destruction of nature, displacement of communities, in short, civilization

as retarded and loving stupid as depression is I rest easy in the knowledge that I'm still in way better shape than back to nature sadbrains. go frolick with some squirrels, loving :laffo:

• Locked thread