Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

skipped to last page to mention that twee as gently caress once told me it would be impossible to stay depressed if i lost weight and bought new clothes and saw he was here already lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Twee as gently caress posted:

well, did you start hitting the gym for an hour at least three times a week for a long period of time while monitoring your caloric intake to make sure you lost weight, then bought a new wardrobe and got more active in social settings?

No? You just stayed home getting fatter and playing steam and you're laughing at how what I suggested wouldn't work? Oh ok
i already go to the gym several times a week and have a low bmi and think i have a pretty smart dress sense. if i lost any weight i would literally make myself ill. you literally assume that people can only be sad if they haven't bought new clothes recently, which i think is bad.

i started taking antidepressants but they just make me even more certain that i hate myself and want to die like a big old human being lol

do you have any more advice? do i need to buy new socks? is that the last vital part of the puzzle? i kinda need new socks but im poor at the moment

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*lifts a heavy thing*

unnnnf yes my overly high levels of brain monoamine oxidase A are disappearing with every lift. sweating out that chemical imbalance that causes excessive serotonin breakdown. its gone. im happy now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gagelion posted:

this post is making me cu,m
shitposting is my fetish and being observed is a key part of that. you got me off today. had a sad cum. thanks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh okay that's fair, yeah gently caress people who're depressed because they're fat and lazy. they're culturally appropriating me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

imagine how excited she will b when you and dan offer to eiffel tower her

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

lmao chemical imbalance theories of depression are bullshit spouted by doctors to push SSRIs on people

stop taking chemical cocktails and smoke some weed, lift a thing, and get laid

if that doesn't work then you probably are smart enough to realize life is painful and absurd and no amount of distraction or drugs can change this conclusion so good luck spending the rest of your life debating on whether or not to bite a bullet until you find yourself alone in a nursing home regretting all those years you spent analyzing your life as a sad sack instead of oh too late now you're dead and yhour life wasn't really important enough to warrant all that worrying anyway inthe grand scheme of things

great thread, now i'm depressed
u broke your leg son? fight thru the pain, don't feed the bandage industry. bones can't really break...... thats just what they want you to think

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

nah ssris are good poo poo.went off them for like 2 months, then back on and the difference is night & day.poo poo feels like a low-key but still functional mdma buzz.dampens that part of your mind that's inclined to throw in the towel & sleep/stare at a wall for yet another day.

i will say however that coming off them is a unique brand of horrible, though.don't like being so reliant on the loving things.

true about weed & exercise though.combine Meds, weed & lifting for good times (stay hydrated though).meds give you energy & motivation, weed somehow makes it easier to nail good form & gives you the patience to do lots of reps without getting bored & the lifting releases endorphins into the chemical cocktail.really good way to get a deep workout, esp with suitable music
i can't afford a weed habit on top of enjoying more expensive beer than i can afford

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

now i have finished initial counselling im working on publishing a boke and stock photography again and i am lifting small hand weights because gently caress getting so swole you cant wipe your own rear end without a stick or an assistant
lift bigger things. much bigger things. you are not going to get super swole by accident unless you are eating like 4000 calories and shittons of protein and doing the lifting thing 5-6 days a week

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

no you moran i'm not saying depression don't real, i'm saying SSRIs suckkkkk
no, they took me from feeling like im in a dark room to feeling like i turned on the light and realised i was in aatrek's escape-proof sex dungeon all along, which makes them cool, and good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

well that's good i'm just saying be careful because they have no long-term efficacy studies and they make you lose your hair, damage your body, and give you limp dick

but i'd rather you not get raped tbh
what if i told u my dick was limp right now

but yeah i'm really just hoping they manage to get the ball rolling and give me some headroom for diet/lifestyle/whatever changes to actually make a difference, still don't really trust them long-term. also i've kind of accepted that i'll be lovely and depressed forever lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BKPR posted:

when i go off my meds i get drunk faster and cum easier, but also turn into a miserable quaking mass of anger. worth it imo
my girlfriend thinks im really good in bed now that im on meds because i take longer to cum lmao. works for me, i still enjoy doing the thing. hope it doesn't get worse though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the forums depress me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

also prozac has now made me ridiculously horny all the time. i didn't think that was supposed to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that's true but it's been steadily getting lower and lower over the last few years with no real spikes, and now it's increasing constantly only a few weeks after i started prozac, so i'm guessing there's some link there. maybe this is just how i feel when i'm not utterly overwhelmingly depressed, which is ok i guess

• Locked thread