Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
why is everyone depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
im a gay depressed virgin

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Das Boo posted:

people who can't empathize with your cognitive dissconnect will judge you to be spoiled, attention-seeking and selfish

:sigh:

are there literally people who think "depressed people are just selfish!"?

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
drat thats really stupid man i hate people

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Shithouse Dave posted:

Last night I was introduced to the concept of post-traumatic growth, which is something nobody has ever talked about in my presence before. Imagine that, people can become stronger after traumatic events and not all survivors need to be hella coddled and felt sorry for!

I wanna learn about it and introduce the idea to E/N, but then I'd be less happy because there would be a little less comedy on the Internet.

lmao at crybaby veterans with ptsd XD whiny faggots

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
anyone who is depressed is a weak minded human being

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

indigi posted:

I'm already missing two from the base and it just gets worse from there. I'm on antidepressants tho and they're doing a good job of making me not supercidal

let me guess, homeostasis and excretion?

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
i was sad once. then i stopped being sad and started being awesome instead.

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
depressed PUSSIES need to cowboy the gently caress up! happybadger OUT!

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

*lifts a heavy thing*

unnnnf yes my overly high levels of brain monoamine oxidase A are disappearing with every lift. sweating out that chemical imbalance that causes excessive serotonin breakdown. its gone. im happy now

this post is making me cu,m

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
yea the problem is there are plenty of people with legit hosed up childhoods who get called lazy or spoiled or whatever then when you tell people you have ptsd or something some sociopath mocks you "wahh daddy was mean to meeeeee" (may only apply to america)

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
just like most 'rapes' arent real stupid pussification of society

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
why don't depressed people just man up?

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
what if your parenst friend zoned you

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

stuntwaffle posted:

lmao chemical imbalance theories of depression are bullshit spouted by doctors to push SSRIs on people

stop taking chemical cocktails and smoke some weed, lift a thing, and get laid

if that doesn't work then you probably are smart enough to realize life is painful and absurd and no amount of distraction or drugs can change this conclusion so good luck spending the rest of your life debating on whether or not to bite a bullet until you find yourself alone in a nursing home regretting all those years you spent analyzing your life as a sad sack instead of oh too late now you're dead and yhour life wasn't really important enough to warrant all that worrying anyway inthe grand scheme of things

great thread, now i'm depressed

same

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
just sucked a cock

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

spokey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU