Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

allie brosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

because i have a weak and undisciplined mind, and happiness is something that you need to work for.

also unemployed

any tips/books/anecdotes on removing your inner human being?
feel the fear and do it anyway

its a gay rear end title but a good idea and an easy read

also get the 6 weeks free nhs counselling it is p. helpful

e: apparently you already exercise so that's a big positive

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 15, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ignoarints posted:

im not in general, but WOW work sucks last week and for the next, gonna make a thread bout it
if you work for blizzard then yeah I can see that would suck (this is a warcraft joke)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Iamblikhos posted:

what does lack of prejudice have to do with self-actualization?
not prejudice as in racism but prejudice as in beliefs or judgements which prevent you from seeing the objective truth of things

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

you do realise though that when you tell depressed people they need to motivate themselves that this is like the main thing they cannot do right

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

no I know what to do to improve my life I just couldnt get myself to start the process. my wife dragged me to the doctor though so i am lucky i met her before things got bad

now i have finished initial counselling im working on publishing a boke and stock photography again and i am lifting small hand weights because gently caress getting so swole you cant wipe your own rear end without a stick or an assistant

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

maybe instead of going to the gym to lift useless bits of metal you could go round to the houses of depressed people and lift them out of bed

i am going to patent this if i ever get out of bed!!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

or you know, build houses to solve the housing crisis. or do an hour's manual labour to fix the industrial / manufacturing deficet in the economy. or farming. or basically anything except pay through the nose to indulge your narcissism

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

don't know about where you are, but construction here has p much collapsed.
that's kind of the point

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

more housing needs to be built like right now in the uk and us

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

(It starts with one)
One thing I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
(All I know)
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
(It’s so unreal)
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

its like they are speaking to me like they know my pain

who is this poet

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gagelion posted:

just sucked a cock
yaaay

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

depression is not the absence of happiness it is an overwhelming negative emotional miasma that prevents you from doing what you need to do

imagine your guiltiest secret. now imagine you get an anonymous blackmail note saying they are going to tell everyone. imagine how you would feel walking round with that hanging over you. wondering who is about to betray you. who will stick with you when they find out.

now imagine there is no secret and no blackmail but you feel like that anyway

that is the difference between sadbrains and just having a bad day / week

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oh cool the forums are back

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

your sex drive can go up as well as down with depression so maybe it is the depression not the prozac

or maybe if your life feels empty you are pursuing the one avenue of unambiguous joy left idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i remember reading that peoples sex drive increases with depression sometimea because it is their genes trying to make sure they are passed on

like hey this iteration is pretty hosed so let's try again

• Locked thread