Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That episode ruled, definitely one of the best this season if not in the whole series. When I realized FYAD was telling the truth I couldn't help but laugh.

This rules too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Those overhead shots of Stannis' horses riding in formation were great.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

That was some LOTR poo poo.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

404notfound posted:

God dammit FYAD

I knew it all along and didn't even know it lol

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
Man, great episode.

Did anyone else read the fact that Arya didn't out-right kill the Hound as a, "You're not on my list anymore, bro." mixed with a bit of "gently caress yourself"?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
What a way for the Hound to go :(

I loved Varys' "welp " expression when he heard the bells start ringing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What a great episode. Arya is finally free of Westeros and all its problems. Tyrion is free of Kings Landing and all its problems. Stannis delivers at the end after being much more of a side character this season.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

Did he loving split with Tyrion?? He was headed back toward the city then the bells started ringing and he turned around and sat down by the box..

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The forums did, in the end, poo poo code.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

That part was almost as funny as Arya at the Bloody Gate

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Varys (and Tyrion?) always hated the sound of ringing bells.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Haha, I though that FYAD title was supposed to be a ridiculous joke

welp

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

It got the point across well that with the Braavos money he has a real proffesional army now.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hound will be eating ALL the chickens wherever he's headed to. Godspeed.

drat this show for making me actually like a guy who tossed a kid out of a window and another who murdered some butcher's kid on the orders of a psychopath. loving dead Hound and live Mountain does not sit well with me, but I suppose Tyrion Killing Spree and Arya heading off to Braavos to become a Faceless Man pretty much makes up for everything.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
As much as got spoiled for me, I didn't know what was going to happen between Brienne and Sandor. That was a thrilling fight, maybe the best ever because it could've gone in any direction.

Also, Arya's stone cold expression as Sandor kept trying to make her angry was incredible.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

No More Heroes posted:

Did he loving split with Tyrion?? He was headed back toward the city then the bells started ringing and he turned around and sat down by the box..

Yes. He asked Tyrion "What did you do?" and got no answer. When he heard the bells ringing he knows some poo poo went down and its time for him to get the gently caress out.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Hound will be eating ALL the chickens wherever he's headed to. Godspeed.

drat this show for making me actually like a guy who tossed a kid out of a window and another who murdered some butcher's kid on the orders of a psychopath. loving dead Hound and live Mountain does not sit well with me, but I suppose Tyrion Killing Spree and Arya heading off to Braavos to become a Faceless Man pretty much makes up for everything.

Oh man I can see it now: Arya as a Faceless Man and Bran as a badass flying wizard, killin dudes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The happiest we've seen Arya in years was meeting Brienne and going off to Braavos to learn more of the art of badassery. She's so drat cold.

Brienne and the Hound fighting was loving great, how they started off with a legit sword fight and just devolved into a disgusting, dirty brawl. I figured Pod may come to help with his axe but I'm glad Brienne got to handle it herself.

So did Varys just decide to head off with Tyrion? Can't blame him, King's Landing is the least safe place in the entire kingdom it seems. edit: answered

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

robot roll call posted:

Haha, I though that FYAD title was supposed to be a ridiculous joke

welp

I can't even be mad. It's so stupid that I wasn't expecting it to be an actual spoiler. But then Tywin was mysteriously absent from his own room, and then Tyrion grabbed the crossbow, and :magical:

Edit: Also, totally forgot about Arya's coin. Had to go look that one up again. GRRM knows when to shoot Chekhov's gun, I guess :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Oh man I can see it now: Arya as a Faceless Man and Bran as a badass flying wizard, killin dudes.

So magical tree-root dude has some kinda power that defeats the undead and hes gonna give this power to Bran I'm guessing.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

I don't think he's actually going to fly, he's going to get that guys power to see through the eyes of crows. At least that's what I thought the implication was.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh gently caress moment after moment throughout the show. loving brilliant. Warrior Hodor going ballistic and fireballs outta loving no where.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Yes. He asked Tyrion "What did you do?" and got no answer. When he heard the bells ringing he knows some poo poo went down and its time for him to get the gently caress out.

The list of "who killed Tywin" suspects will pretty short when Tyrion is found missing. Varys was never really popular with Cercei who would seem to be the one running the show right now, I'm guessing he knew he would have been fingered as involved "somehow" and then sentenced to his own show trial. Guy knows when to leave.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So RIP: the Hound, Shae, Tywin, and that guy with Bran. Not RIP: the Mountain???

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I doubt he's going to literally fly around throwin' spells and poo poo, but I'd love it. Seems like getting plugged into a weirwood increases your warging powers. Old dude's been watching everything from his little alcove, after all.

I assume we're going to get some kind of Franken-Mountain next season, too. Even less speaking, even more head-crushing.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

OBi posted:

I don't think he's actually going to fly, he's going to get that guys power to see through the eyes of crows. At least that's what I thought the implication was.

I thought the Implication was a Dragon. Because can't he already do crows?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Goddamnit I can't believe that FYAD spoiler was actually true.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those poor dragons left in the dark. :(

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Talorat posted:

Goddamnit I can't believe that FYAD spoiler was actually true.

Which particular thing did they spoil?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

404notfound posted:

Edit: Also, totally forgot about Arya's coin. Had to go look that one up again. GRRM knows when to shoot Chekhov's gun, I guess :v:

The "Previously on" had the Coin scene between Jaqen and Arya in Season 2, which is why a bunch of people (including me) advocated not watching it for the "Oh poo poo I forgot about that" factor.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

AlternateAccount posted:

Which particular thing did they spoil?

Tywin getting popped on the pooper.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
Thank god the Bran storyline finally got interesting, too. It only took four seasons and far too much on-screen time.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

404notfound posted:

God dammit FYAD

What's funny is that I thought when I read that that it was one of those crazy made-up spoilers that was so over-the-top it was just supposed to be a joke, like "Brienne is actually a transsexual" or "Undead Ned Stark kills Arya."

I realized once they showed the shot of the crossbow that it was going to be true, and so it really wasn't a huge spoiler at that point. I wasn't expecting it this entire time because I didn't expect it to be true.

So, a valiant troll attempt, FYAD, but it failed.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Tywin: you're a poo poo Tyrion.

Tyrion: gently caress you... And die.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So earlier in the series, Bravos betting on nothing-Stannis starving on his little island, against political-wizard Tywin all set up in Kings Landing and everywhere else seemed like a really, really dumb move.

Now it seems absurdly prescient.

Tywin had been convincingly built up as the force keeping together... well, all of Westeros. Fortunately Joffrey's dead, and Tomen wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world to have as king, but I really don't see him lasting against all the various ambitions that are now going to be running amok unchecked.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Wood Guy can probably warg into however many ravens he wants wherever he wants. At least, that's what I took from "watching all of you". Dude knows everything about everyone because he knows every message every raven carries, plus just being able to watch poo poo, and probably even more given the implication of the three-eyed raven.

It'd be loving sweet if Drogo flew into their range, though.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Somehow I bet Senior Wizard Man AKA 3 Eyed Raven probably has some really good weed stashed away at his hideout in the woods.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Brienne and the Hound fighting was loving great, how they started off with a legit sword fight and just devolved into a disgusting, dirty brawl.

The whole tense lead-in to the fight was loving awesome too, the Hound was just a Bad, Bad Man who seems to always have these suspenseful confrontations with people, whether it was this one, the one with Bronn just before the Blackwater Bay battle, or an earnest discussion of poultry consumption at everyone's favorite inn.

This is the episode that finally answered the question "Is Tyrion Lannister going to have to choke a bitch?"

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 16, 2014

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

IncendiaC posted:

The "Previously on" had the Coin scene between Jaqen and Arya in Season 2, which is why a bunch of people (including me) advocated not watching it for the "Oh poo poo I forgot about that" factor.

I've literally been waiting all season for Arya to get a chance to use that coin and get to Braavos, but now she is using it to go north? The whole world awaits and she wants to see Jon? :confused:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Can we have some brief "things that have already happened" book chat?

I talked with my wife about the death of the Hound, and she said it didn't happen that way in the book. Apparently he dies from the infection. I'm wondering why the writers decided to change it. And more importantly, why would they included the infection at all in the series if it was going to have absolutely no impact on his death? It doesn't seem to make sense to write it in a few episodes and then discard it for a totally different ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah pretty sure the Brienne/Hound swordfight was easily the best choreography in the show yet. That was fantastic.

PhantomZero posted:

I've literally been waiting all season for Arya to get a chance to use that coin and get to Braavos, but now she is using it to go north? The whole world awaits and she wants to see Jon? :confused:

That captain is still heading East, not North, he's just willing to accommodate Arya as a passenger because of the coin.

• Locked thread