Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
School teachers, taking them by and large, are probably the most ignorant and stupid class of men in the whole group of mental workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Of all escape mechanisms, death is the most efficient.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Truth would quickly cease to be stranger than fiction, once we got as used to it.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
if u don't love me at my worst, u don't deserve me at my best.
- marilyn manson

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bachelors know more about women than married men. If they didn't they'd be married, too.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gonna wait for some other wise posters to drop wisdom tidbits to live by for a bit here.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

- marilyn manson

exceptionally wise quote from Mr. Manson imo

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

exceptionally wise quote from Mr. Manson imo

a man so wise he had surgery only for the ability to suck his own dick. an inspiration to us all

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Bachelors know more about women than married men. If they didn't they'd be married, too.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
dolphins cum w/ the force of a shotgun blast

drat

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

nigga crab pollock posted:

dolphins cum w/ the force of a shotgun blast

drat

it's true, i have a prosthetic jaw now

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith.

Most humans can only operate in terms of law and chaos so for most of human history morality simply boiled down to submission to whatever authority was in charge

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Leaves of three, let it be

Leaves of seven, you're in heaven

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Don't parachute into territory you've just bombed.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
ppl = poo poo
- slipknot (a good metal band), 2001

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
always pump wisdom when you are making a cleric, but dont neglect constitution. cant heal your friends if your dead lol

Soaring Hawk
Sep 1, 2005
Perfection is our nature. When we cease to inhibit it, it will be so.
Want to attract women? Baby powder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzNEE2Esbc

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
School teachers deserve more pay because, like, grading scantrons is hard work

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
do they still use scantrons

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I put it on my taint every morning

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The final test of truth is ridicule. Very few dogmas have ever faced it and survived. Huxley laughed the devils out of the Gadarene swine. Not the laws of the United States but the mother-in-law joke brought the Mormons to surrender. Not the horror of it but the absurdity of it killed the doctrine of infant damnation. But the razor edge of ridicule is turned by the tough hide of truth. How loudly the barber-surgeons laughed at Huxley—and how vainly! What clown ever brought down the house like Galileo? Or Columbus? Or Darwin? . . . They are laughing at Nietzsche yet . . .

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No healthy man, in his secret heart, is content with his destiny. He is tortured by dreams and images as a child is tortured by the thought of a state of existence in which it would live in a candy store and have two stomachs.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The bitter, of course, goes with the sweet. To be an American is, unquestionably, to be the noblest, grandest, the proudest mammal that ever hoofed the verdure of God's green footstool. Often, in the black abysm of the night, the thought that I am one awakens me with a blast of trumpets, and I am thrown into a cold sweat by contemplation of the fact. I shall cherish it on the scaffold; it will console me in Hell. But there is no perfection under Heaven, so even an American has his small blemishes, his scarcely discernible weaknesses, his minute traces of vice and depravity.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
At all times pseudoprofound aphorisms have been more popular than rigorous arguments.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
stir not the poo poo, lest the ladle pull ye in..

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
if it smells like fish, eat as you wish. if it smells like cologne, leave it alone.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
All art is farce.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

butplug accident posted:

At all times pseudoprofound aphorisms have been more popular than rigorous arguments.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
never skip leg days.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

killing yourself is fun and cool

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.

Consider that the first burning of books that most people think of is the Library of Alexandria. It wasn't really first burned because of morality, Julius Caesar accidentally set it on fire during a siege. It was burned the second time (again on accident) by Auralius. It really wasn't until the 3rd (some say 4th) burning that it was due to morality.

So, I put it down mostly to half assed siege tactics of the Romans.

Oh and there was a lot going on during those "thousand years", maybe look into it.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Hey man, alchemy is really cool, retard

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
maybe you're too far up your rear end to see not everything is poo poo
- me

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
It's a dump stat unless you're a divine caster or a monk.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Evolution gave me mad dick skillz.
- Charles Darwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

- marilyn manson

lovely things lovely people say to continue being lovely.

• Locked thread