Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
thank you lowtax please dont kill yourself

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

...but for how long?

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

told ya we didnt need a coder

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Y-Hat posted:

...but for how long?
only time will tell

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

still not funny i think the forums are broke

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Q-sixtysix posted:

told ya we didnt need a coder
We're still planning on hiring a coder.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Lowtax posted:

good you read this forums

i plan on suing you for gbs being down during primetime i paid $10 for this +$5 for an avatar

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
lowtax, when you get a coder and everything is healthy, consider forgiving all bans and giving consistently funny posters forum's immunity, for the sa comedy renaissance

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
lowtax IMO you should NOT kill you are self or your family

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Lowtax posted:

I hear ya. I'm planning on finally getting in shape this year and getting serious about saving money. We've all got dreams, my man.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
what happened? why did it go down

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Waroduce posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3643609

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Waroduce posted:

radium's revenge

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

so out of country for two months eh

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lowtax you should go to shaoxing next time you're in china and get some of the rice wine they make there

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Lowtax, you should really stop blaming radium. That guy has been gone for many, many years now. There was a lot of time to get somebody competent in the meantime to look at the seemingly ailing forums infrastructure. I've worked on projects much bigger than this forum that were similar messes, and it was always doable in months, when the company behind it wanted it to be done. Of course they had lots more cash to throw at the problem than you do, but then again, you don't need teams of people for this. Blaming radium at this point doesn't make radium look bad, it makes you look bad.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Y-Hat posted:

lowtax you should go to shaoxing next time you're in china and get some of the rice wine they make there
I'm never leaving this loving country again.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lowtax posted:

Can he break this code?

1 3 6 10 15 __ 28 __

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
what happened to that choochootaco guy

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Police Automaton posted:

Lowtax, you should really stop blaming radium. That guy has been gone for many, many years now. There was a lot of time to get somebody competent in the meantime to look at the seemingly ailing forums infrastructure. I've worked on projects much bigger than this forum that were similar messes, and it was always doable in months, when the company behind it wanted it to be done. Of course they had lots more cash to throw at the problem than you do, but then again, you don't need teams of people for this. Blaming radium at this point doesn't make radium look bad, it makes you look bad.
I said it was a radium script, which it was. It hadn't broken anything in the past, or else it would've been fixed in the past by our previous coder.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Police Automaton posted:

months in front of a keyboard: a noble pursuit

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Lowtax posted:

I said it was a radium script, which it was.

My point was, seeing that that guy wasn't doing his job well by all accounts, after all these years, there should be no radium script anymore.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Police Automaton posted:

My point was, seeing that that guy wasn't doing his job well by all accounts, after all these years, there should be no radium script anymore.
And my point was that the script had not malfunctioned in the past, so there was no reason to recode it simply for the sake of saying "oh radium is gone, now we must delete and recode everything he did." If this has been a recurring issue, or simply would've happened once over the past decade, then it would've been resolved.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

butplug accident posted:

lowtax, when you get a coder and everything is healthy, consider forgiving all bans and giving consistently funny posters forum's immunity, for the sa comedy renaissance

btw, i wasn't being facetious. instead of coding negative stuff like rfa and forum's cancer there should be a "forum's glow" or some such that protects you from capricious mod decisions due to being extremely funny. thanks for reading

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

lowtax posted:

I'd also like to take this moment and thank all of you who have continued to stick with us and support us through these past two lovely months or so. The only reason this forum is still around is due to people like you, and without your support we'd be long gone. I sincerely apologize for the rough period(s), and appreciate your loyalty more than you can imagine. I know words aren't worth poo poo on the internet, but we are working on turning the corner now, and we couldn't have done it without people like you.

So to all members of the community: thank you.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

im glad the forums are working again i almost did some work at my job

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Thanks Lowtax, don't kill yourself.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Lowtax posted:

And my point was that the script had not malfunctioned in the past, so there was no reason to recode it simply for the sake of saying "oh radium is gone, now we must delete and recode everything he did." If this has been a recurring issue, or simply would've happened once over the past decade, then it would've been resolved.

I hear this often from my clients, and often exactly that is what happens in the end. You see what happens, randomly one of these "programming gems" lifts it's ugly head in a completely unexpected situation. I'm pretty sure a full audit of everything is in order at this point but that's your choice. You will probably just as easily find somebody for money who will just fix what's broken now.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Lowtax posted:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

butplug accident posted:

undo ALL bans, even aatrek & other rapists and sass sperglords for the forums 15 year anniversary or something, imo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

butplug accident posted:

lol there are no consistently funny posters

except you and me

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I'm never leaving this loving country again.
the only place worse than home is everywhere else

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the forums were down, but I ate some chicken nuggets and jerked off, and now they're back. good hustle

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

butplug accident posted:

"funny"

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
my manbabies have been preserved thank god

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Y-Hat posted:

I have some of that. It actually doesn't taste great, but it is indispensable for cooking. Kaoliang, the 116 proof alcohol made from sorghum; that's where it's at.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Lowtax posted:

radium's revenge

I seriously thought this was the reason. Like there was some secret script and he had just been waiting for an opportune moment to strike and bring the forums down.

code:
 SOMETHING AWFUL DESTRUCT PROGRAM

LOGIN: radium
PWD: 1A2B3000_DESTRUCT_0

ARE YOU SURE Y/N?

Y

DESTRUCT SEQUENCE COMPLETED

COUNTDOWN 5:11:30:23:59:59

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Imperialist Dog posted:

I seriously thought this was the reason. Like there was some secret script and he had just been waiting for an opportune moment to strike and bring the forums down.

code:
 SOMETHING AWFUL DESTRUCT PROGRAM

LOGIN: radium
PWD: 1A2B3000_DESTRUCT_0

ARE YOU SURE Y/N?

Y

DESTRUCT SEQUENCE COMPLETED

COUNTDOWN 5:11:30:23:59:59

This is way beyond radium's coding ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....
Yeah, he spelt his name right.

• Locked thread