Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Okay, well, FireSight has apparently decided that Alwyn is going to attack the mounted young knight, and now I'm terrified of what Cadogan is going to do. Please don't make him attack Alwyn. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Make him attack Alwyn for flaunting the laws of chivalry in a vain attempt to make up for last glory :unsmigghh:

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I realized that Alwyn had a goal, and the goal was achieved! The leaders were down, so obviously everyone should surrender!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
So the only foes left are the two knights that Cadogan and Florian are taking on, right? My read is that the villagers have captured and are herding the remaining bandits... or are they just advancing on the bandits?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
So, ah, not sure how Cadogan is going to react to what Florian just did. Please let me know. :v:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

ibn, yeah, they're corralling the bandits as per Ysgarran's order. Viscardus: strike him down, save Gessius, rally the bandits, and drive your enemies before you!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Considering Florian has now JUST done what set Cadogan off in the first place, I'd say this is the moment Cadogan loses his mind proper, seeing his compatriots act as lowly as the bandits, and just runs off into the woods.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

So I'm trying to think of what I could take from my foes that would make a good trophy. Shields were my first thought, but someone in ibntumart's game is already doing that. Swords instead, maybe? Build my own Iron Throne?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Friar John posted:

So I'm trying to think of what I could take from my foes that would make a good trophy. Shields were my first thought, but someone in ibntumart's game is already doing that. Swords instead, maybe? Build my own Iron Throne?

Helmets? Tabards?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Heads?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Maybe if this was Ireland :v:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Friar John posted:

Maybe if this was Ireland :v:

So you're saying we should ditch the Earl, hire ourselves out to Irish clans, and go native vis-a-vis trophy taking?

I'm in.

Seriously, though, your knight could take their spurs, I guess, or if they have sufficient rank, their pennant. But shields are good: cheap to replace so you're not coming as a total dick depriving a fellow knight of a necessary item *and* distinctive. If it makes you feel any better, the PC who was collecting shields dropped out of the game, so he really only had the one shield in his collection.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Aha, I'll go for shields then!

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Sorry about the delay in posting that. I wanted to make it look all nice instead of just posting a chat log. :shobon:

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Are we using the optional roll where a crit on a trait roll gives a +5 to a selected skill for the rest of the scene?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Only if my baddies get to start rolling trait rolls. :argh:

More seriously, go hog wild. I do have some opinions for when the Winter break comes about that I'd like to get your guys' feelings on.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I don't see why your baddies can't roll Traits - or Passions, for that matter. Hey, if we can do it...

...also, do these opinions include handing out experience checks like candy? 'Cause if so I'm all for it. ;)

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Just to clarify, you're not expecting a post from me yet, are you?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Nope, you're good V. This weekend and Mon/Tues will have sporadic posting. I'm moving apartments and celebrating a birthday. There'll be a post later this (very late) evening. Stay tuned!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Did you confirm if I was getting a +5 to a skill from the Valorous crit?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

For sure!

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Just to clarify, are you waiting on the rest of us right now? I figured you were going to resolve the attacks one at a time, but maybe I assumed wrong.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I was a bit confused, too---I'll happily have Heddwyn jump in otherwise, though!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Well, I wasn't waiting on you guys, just being a bad GM and not posting. All mostly moved in now!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

To be clear, the bit from the Chapter 6 pertaining fighting multiple opponents is on pg. 118. We'll be using this for now.

Megawolf, being roughly the size of a mounted knight, can be attacked by three opponents at once. So Sir Cadogan's last hit is going to be an uncontested success. Roll damage! Now that The Rush is over (the phase where the beast and knights come together) we move on to a standard combat round, 3 knights vs. the wolf. Where the progression of attacks will be 20/5/5, with the wolf engaging the three knights who've already engaged: Cadogan, Alwyn, and Ysgarran. These knights can disengage at any time, freeing up room for another knight. So we need the three engaged knights to indicate their intent to attack or withdraw.

I need to be posting these things before the fight, not during. If you have any questions, or note gross failings on my part :justpost:

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I may or may not be able to get in multiple posts this weekend. Final project for my programming class is due on sunday, and I'm kinda behind on it, so... I'll do what I can.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Well, I *can't* get into the fight, because I hosed up my roll, so I'm just gonna watch.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

That is definitely a bummer.

I think we can make critical failures much more interesting than just "beep boop cannot fight and is humiliated" or "starts frothing at the mouth and stabs a buddy". Cowardice in Arthurian mythos often signifies humanity or responsibility in the face of extreme weirdness and danger. Much like Cadogan's timely escapade, Sir Amig might consider ensuring the hostages or captured knights are evacuated. Anything that seems compelling, even if credibility might be stretched. Especially if credibility is stretched.

Anyhow, I'm open to ideas for what Amig might get up to whilst feeling the fear grip his heart! Tending the hostages and levy could certainly be interesting. They are your responsibility, and they could certainly use some leadership, if only to avoid even more casualties. You also have some spearmen, a levy, and a nice muddy box canyon. Anything's possible.

-FS: No need to stress the game! Might be a good opportunity to let another knight in against the wolf. Especially if elfgame stress is messing with your real life jive.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Hmmm, alright, I'll try to get a post up later then. Apparently Amig *does* have a little bit of a heart after all (though I'd kind of been hoping to prove otherwise :v:)!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Apologies for the absence; it's been a flu-ridden week and getting into the head of an Arthurian Knight is a challenge when you hate everything. ;)

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Haha FJ, don't let me stop you from playing a coward knight! In White's adaptation of Arthur, the only guy more cool than Lancey is Sir Mordred, a coward, liar, and backstabber. Who is divinely validated. The same Sir Mordred that succeeds at everything he sets out to do, is crowned king, and rules England. :black101:

Waking up to a bunch of posts was rad guys! :swoon: Before us lieth the greatest foe that a pbp ever faced: the Fall semester. Hold fast, and remember your duty! :v:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Oh no, I meant in regards to things like stabbing peasants and taking love-tokens for profit :v:

I've still got plenty of opportunities to be an rear end in a top hat in the future though!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

That's a little more Sir Gawain's speed. In the English interpretation, of course. :eng101:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

You guys cool with Pellinore tagging along back to Sarum?

DCB, sorry for not addressing your concerns last night. Certainly, swearing an oath to a fey giant is not the most... desirable of paths to take. Thanks for stepping up and moving the game along!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I'm cool with Pelinore tagging back to Sarum, even though I couldn't seduce the fey giant.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Cheer up, I'm sure there'll be time for Pendragon After Dark encounters some other day.

Totally down with Pellinore tagging along, by the way.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

What're you talking about? It's eminently desirable! If I survive, think of the Glory!

(I probably won't survive. That's okay! It's Pendragon!)

And yeah, Pellinore should swing by, he's cool.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Sorry about robbing you of the potential Thin Knight adventure, DCB!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Sorry about robbing you of the potential Thin Knight adventure, DCB!

Nah, I got a token and an adventure cued up, we're good!

My thinking is that if it's at all feasible Ysgarran may well ask for the help of his companions - it was the demand of service that he had issue with, really, and this way the rest of the party can involve themselves or not as they choose and thus fun and Glory can be spread out for all and sundry.

(The Thin Knight said his messenger would be a 'she,' though, so if she's cute I have dibs. Hey, gotta keep heir-producing in mind. ...what's that? Faerie women are usually bad spousal choices? Pssshhht, I don't see no INT score on my sheet....)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

I am down with Sir Pellinore trekking with us. And don't worry about it, DCB, feel free to ask Amig to help Ysgarran out! He likes Ysgarran.

• Locked thread