Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Post the best quotes. I can't think of a 4X game before or afterwards that had such good writing and characters. Star Control II dosn't count as it's a RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So CBE is pretty disappointing, so I rebought SMACX through gog.com. I haven't played it for 5-10 years.

After 15 years, what's the best way (starting settings, or anything else) to play the game? Blind research sounds good now. Does Ironman change anything beyond you can't save without exiting? What's the most entertaining 8 factions to use with SMAX? Random world, or Large Planet map?

Comstar fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 28, 2014

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Glidergun posted:

Eh, open-source and the Web were just getting big at the time. None of the SMAX factions get a whole lot of quotes, but you can see some of that excitement over new kinds of societies and "information wants to be free" floating around the Data Angels.

Data Angels are a faction that was designed for Edward Snowden and Julian Assange 10 years ahead of their time.

In an alternate universe they became who they are after playing SMAX and Brian Reynolds is on homeland security watchlist.

• Locked thread