Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what food do you avoid the most
This poll is closed.
flesh 7 5.88%
booby juice 35 29.41%
vegetables 7 5.88%
salt 16 13.45%
gluten free organic 54 45.38%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have this friend on this diet that thinks he's super healthy. he's like 6'4" and weighs about 120lbs, has constant headaches and is sick all the time. he can barely even get up in the morning on most days he feels so bad. he thinks it's because of the additives in some of the foods he eats, so he's restricting his diet more. he also thinks gluten is a carbohydrate. also he doesn't eat nuts, they give him headaches.

meanwhile i eat a slice of bacon and he's all "that's really gross dude and super bad for you." i'm like bitch you don't know poo poo about health, stop acting like you're better than me because you don't eat any protein and have a severe b12 deficiency.

"that poo poo's processed, i only eat all natural foods"

go eat some hemlock you retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

how does your friend weigh 120 at 6'4, is he like all bones?
he's actually a little lumpy, he just has no muscle on him at all. some fat though. he's kinda freaky looking.

Real hurthling! posted:

Nightshade allergies are real. Some people get restricted breathing if they have eggplant.
celiac disease is real too. these all natural gluten free organic people get psycho about other people's allergies though.

i'm thinking about telling him about salicylate sensitivity. just to see how he'll cope.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 17, 2014

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ooh, I found a good diet for him.
http://salicylatesensitivity.com/about/food-guide/vegetables/
Only eat the items on the left. Cross-reference for gluten and nightshades. Avoid the meat and dairy sections. Only buy from farmers markets and food coops.

This will work.

Bamboo Shoots
Beans (dried – not borlotti)
Cabbage (green or white)
Celery
Green Split peas
Lentils (brown)
Lentils (red)
Lettuce (iceberg)
Peas (dried)
Banana
Canned Pear****
Lime
Pear (ripe and peeled)

Maybe I can narrow this list more. Bananas have a lot of radiation for instance. Celery is empty.

The only food I can't think of a problem with is bamboo shoots. My friend will become a giant panda.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 17, 2014

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

naem posted:

Nightshade as in purple nightshade, the deadly poisonous berry? Idgi
Tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes, etc.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

naem posted:

So all the best things in life basically
those are the things he avoids, yeah. he used to just be vegetarian, which I thought was dumb but you know whatever. now i can't even go to a restaurant with him because of his "diet." he won't drink beer if it has "gluten". he drinks gluten free beer. he won't drink wine with sulfites because he thinks sulfite free wine won't give him hangovers. he actually thinks the sulfites in wine are what cause hangovers. not the alcohol, it's the sulfites.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steampunk iPhone posted:

It's on the thin side but it's a normal variation, certainly healthier than being a 180lb blob of fat. goons literally do not know what humans look like
dude it's a bmi of 14.6. and don't give me the "oh bmi isn't meant for individual health evaluation" bullshit, that's undernourishment territory.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Some people have an "obese" BMI despite being healthy because they have a large frame and tons of muscle mass. Likewise some people have small frames and naturally gain little fat or muscle mass, and are erroneously classified as underweight according to BMI. How autistic do you have to be to say "duhhhhh this number is under an arbitrary cutoff point therefore its bad"??
what part of don't give me that bullshit didn't you understand

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lareine posted:

Nope. You're only "naturally" thin like that if you have a disease. Like AIDS or cancer.

OP, your friend probably has brittle bones now from mineral deficiencies. You should push him down the stairs.
maybe not. another quirk of his diet: he takes tons of vitamins and other supplements and thinks they prevent diseases. not vitamin deficiencies, actual infectious diseases. like sometime around last september he had the flu and took all kinds of vitamins and was convinced that his 2 week recovery was "so fast because i took vitamins and used a netti pot twice a day"

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Its just as retarded to say "that lanky guy's bmi is 14 he's sick and dying" as it is to say "that bodybuilder's bmi is 30, what a fatass."
no it isn't, you don't know poo poo about human health so you should probably just shut the gently caress up

Steampunk iPhone posted:

He's taking vitamins and supplements, so it's very unlikely that he's malnourished
lol hey tim

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devils Affricate posted:

You could just arm wrestle him each day to help get the point across.
that would probably break his rotator cuff off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

Carrots. Lots and lots of carrots.
are you orange.

• Locked thread